Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

should i center diff my revo

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:41 PM
slammed1500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i center diff my revo

im thinking about putting one in my revo 2 help stop the wheelies

but im really just playing around and drag racing
im going 2 start dirt racing later on but not now

so do u think the centter diff would be good 4 drag racing and a lil bashing
or just 4 the dirt

Old 03-07-2008, 09:08 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: should i center diff my revo

a center diff is great you just have to tune it right it can actually make turning radius smaller and accelerate harder (you wont flip over wheelieing) and braking bias the brakes to front or rear (with rear brake kit you will need this too)
Old 03-08-2008, 09:02 AM
SENMERI

What do you mean by tuneing it? Do you mean putting the Diff weight in? and seeing what works best?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:16 PM
slammed1500

accelerating faster is what im looking for
but with out the wheelies
Old 03-08-2008, 04:54 PM
KRO

I wouldnt put a center diff in for drag racing , just get a decent wheelie bar and lower it down as much as you can .
Old 03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
SENMERI

Not if you want to race on the track... I heard that it is alot better to get a center diff becauase it would stop doing wheelies and you can even turn sharper... But also if you have a revo 2.5 you have to do some mods to the chassis as well as you have to get a tranny case for the 3.3... I was planing on installing it but once i found out that you had to mod the body then i was like no way might as well pay 50 bucks at the hobbie shop and let them do it.. I haven't raced my revo at the track yet because i am getting the center diff done so that i can drive it easier...
Old 03-10-2008, 01:17 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: SENMERI

Not if you want to race on the track... I heard that it is alot better to get a center diff becauase it would stop doing wheelies and you can even turn sharper... But also if you have a revo 2.5 you have to do some mods to the chassis as well as you have to get a tranny case for the 3.3... I was planing on installing it but once i found out that you had to mod the body then i was like no way might as well pay 50 bucks at the hobbie shop and let them do it.. I haven't raced my revo at the track yet because i am getting the center diff done so that i can drive it easier...
why on earth would you have to mod the body to put something in the transmission the only thing you need to do is put it in a 3.3 tranny case and put the rear brake on if your still using the 2.5 chassis you also need the short ouput shaft.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
slayerphonics

If you are just draging don't get the diff,

I put 500,000 weight fluid and the front still has little to much power then I want,

I don't get it 500k! what company requires that kinda weight silicone to get the diff to work right,

I'm thinking the diff will not help you accel harder, seeing as the wheel with the most traction gets the least power, it will help handling and wheeling.. although my revo has never wanted to wheelie... how hard is your suspension?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Clymer122693

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

If you are just draging don't get the diff,

I put 500,000 weight fluid and the front still has little to much power then I want,

I don't get it 500k! what company requires that kinda weight silicone to get the diff to work right,

I'm thinking the diff will not help you accel harder, seeing as the wheel with the most traction gets the least power, it will help handling and wheeling.. although my revo has never wanted to wheelie... how hard is your suspension?
The differential (center and front and rear) are smaller then normal diff's and need high wt oil to make up for the smaller spider gears etc and get the gear ratios right.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:38 PM
slayerphonics

Ya, traxxas should come out with a mod to remove the gear box and just use a bigger diff so u can use less weight silicone. I can't find anything harder then 500k.. I was thinking of using concrete next time. ;p
Old 03-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Clymer122693

Use silly puddy for thicker wt if needed (crazy but works,some guys use it when they run BB's). Removing the gear box would just piss off the savage,mgt,t-maxx racers even more becauase it would give an "unfair" advantage.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
SENMERI

Beacuse it doesn't have no room to mount the brake at... Unless you want to dremmel the old tranny case
Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
SENMERI

where can you find the 500k weight oil? HTML please
Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 PM
HighClassBasher

I use Kyosho 500K silicone oil in my Revo center diff, here is a link:

http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...roducts_id=378