Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO VS. T-MAXX 3.3

Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Macanan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REVO VS. T-MAXX 3.3

ORIGINAL: revodude3

Revos are better because they make more horses.
They have the same engine and the same tranny, I have the T-Maxx 3.3
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Revodude29

Not if you compare them with O.S. 18s.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Macanan

Okay for one I don't lie ! and if you look at my posts I said that the T-Maxx will out bash a revo with the right upgrades, NOTE my full aluminum skid plates, thats what hit the stump, if a Revo hit this stump it would have tore the whole front off of it, here is a picture of my T-Maxx in front of the stump I hit, the Maxx body is 7 inches wide look at the stump about 2 inches skinnier then the body which makes it 5 INCHES, if you look you can see the closeup picture of the stump where the wood cracked from the roots, and yes that stump was round when I hit it, it split it in half, I couldn't find the other half.
Uh....that stump is rotton wood, no wonder your Maxx went through it like balsa wood.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

ok so give me pros and cons on these two trucks and please give me a reason why i should buy it not just a +1 or get revo

Thanks

your favorite filipino.
I put my vote for Revo also, a much better truck and more duable than the T-Maxx in all respects. The innovations such as the single piece shaped chassis, the rocker arm suspension design, the center pointing tilted engine head engine mount, and many more designs all contribute to a more easier to handle and durable truck than Maxx will even be.

The Maxx's flat plate chassis does not stand a chance against Revo's single piece shaped chassis. If you were to run a T-Maxx head on into a Revo, both going about 25MPH, I bet the Revo will suffer way less chassis damage than the T-Maxx. As already said by other posters, the bulkhead design of the Maxx leaves alot to be desired.

Handlingwise, Revo all the way. The Revo has a much better moment of inertia so it can corner like a scared cat juking a pit bull dog. The Revo also has a much better center of mass and stance geometry so it will not roll over as easily as T-Maxx. Even though Revo suspension arms suck, those can be easily upgraded with RPM arms and the Revo will just about become bullit proof on the track.

The T-Maxx, when it introduced us all to nito trucks in '98 or '99, was THE innovative truck at the time. But today, the T-Maxx is an out-of-date design, even with its current upgrades. Traxxas will have to redesign its single flat plate chassis and bulkheads to bring it up to par with other basher trucks out there.

Bottom line, I will buy a Revo any day over the Revo. Though T-Maxx is cheaper, the money I spend of Revo would be much more cost effective in the repairs and upgrades to make it an all-round track machine-and-some-bashing truck. If I want a basher, I would buy a Savage, or even a CEN Genesis/Nemesis. But for speed and way excellent track handling, and even for some small bashing activities, Revo all the way.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Mspeed

I totally agree with SAVAGEJIM. I hear way too many problems with the T-Maxx breaking bulkheads even on the E-Maxx as well, which uses the same flat chassis design. Traxxas updated the new E-Maxx a bit and still people are finding it breaks the bulk heads. I also do not like the idea of having eight shocks mounted out near the wheels, I see added weight and alot of money that can potentially get damaged not to mention the added weight that sits almost straight up increasing your center of gravity. When I switched from my savage to the revo, I never looked back. I really was not happy with the weight the savage hauled around with it, sure it was tough, but at a cost. I would take the Revo over the T-Maxx as well as a Savage over a T-Maxx. In my opinion the Revo just handles so well for a MT with plenty of suspension travel and strength to handle what MTs are built for.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 PM
beer=food
Banned

T-maxx out of the box is total junk.
Revo out of the box is a beast........

For mods, its all BLA BLA BLA, because any mods you do to a Maxx, can be done to a revo, seen the titanium upper and lower front and back arms, bla bla bla, at the end of the day the revo chassis outright SMASHES the shizer design of the T-Craps chassis.Even the thicker version chassis of the T-Maxx is NO match for a revo out of the box, its pretty funny really that some have been so LUCKY with there T-Maxx's, l destroyed mine about 3 months after l bought it, l ripped the ENTIRE front end off, snapped at the chassis in the front end, for all the nitro's lve owned, lve bent alot, but never torn a chassis like that T-Maxx, buck of crud.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:46 AM
systemlord

If you want more ride height then install the longer rocker arms.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Revodude29

I have had my Revo for 4or5 years and it has not quit yet.