Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REVO VS. T-MAXX 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO VS. T-MAXX 3.3

ok so give me pros and cons on these two trucks and please give me a reason why i should buy it not just a +1 or get revo

Thanks

your favorite filipino.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Macanan

Default RE: REVO VS. T-MAXX 3.3

They both are the same except the shocks which T-Maxx has 8 of them and revo has 4 of them and the way the shocks are setup, the chassis are different. The T-maxx is good for bashing and the Revo is good for racing but they both have the same engine here are the features of the 2 they have just about the same Features, I myself went with the T-Maxx because I live around a lot of hill's and rocks so the T-Maxx will take the beating which a revo couldn't take the beating that a T-Maxx can with the right upgrades

This is the T-Maxx
Features
TRX® 3.3 Racing Engine
- 60% more peak horsepower than the TRX 2.5.
- Bigger piston and sleeve delivers extreme power.
- Consistent and smooth throughout the entire power band.
- Straight-through exhaust flow.
- Slide carburetor.
- TRX IPS crankshaft.
- Knife-edged connecting rod.
- Molded head protector screws onto the cooling head.
- Large aluminum blue-anodized cooling head.
- High-volume air filter.
- Super-light piston and rod.
- High-performance ball bearings.
- Backed by Traxxas Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan
Adjustable wheelie bar.
OptiDrive® electronically controlled transmission.
EZ-Start® push-button electric starting.
Revo®-spec state-of-the-art transmission
- Two-speed forward/reverse transmission.
- Ultra-compact, fewer moving parts.
- Low rotating mass for quick, high-revving acceleration.
- Autoshifting two-speed is simple, reliable, and easy to adjust.
- Constant drive engagement is smooth and instantly responsive.
- Sealed case protects the gears and two-speed from track debris.
Revo-spec sealed driveshafts.
Revo-spec powerful semi-metallic brake pads.
Revo-spec axle carrier.
Torque-Controlâ„¢ slipper clutch.
Pre-glued Talonâ„¢ tires with foam inserts mounted on 3.8-inch mirror chrome Split-Spokeâ„¢ wheels.
Precision adjustable turnbuckles.
Adjustable body mounts.
Sealed pivot balls.
Oil-filled Ultra Shocksâ„¢.
Strengthened bulkheads and differential housings.
Strengthened engine mount.
4mm thick 6061-T6 chassis.
Metric hex hardware.
Aluminum antenna nut.
Rubber-sealed bearings.
Fully assembled and Ready-to-Race®.
Includes full-color manual and DVD.
Fully painted, trimmed and decaled Prographix® body. (Please contact us before payment if there is color request)
Fuel mixtures are pre-set..

This is the Revo
Features:
TRX® 3.3 Racing Engine™
- 60% more peak horsepower than the TRX® 2.5 Racing Engine.
- Bigger piston and sleeve delivers extreme power.
- Consistent and smooth throughout the entire power band.
- Straight-through exhaust flow.
- Slide carburetor.
- TRX® IPS crankshaft.
- Knife-edged connecting rod.
- Molded head protector.
- Large aluminum blue-anodized cooling head.
- High-volume air filter.
- Super-light piston and rod.
- High-performance ball bearings.
- Backed by Traxxas Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan

Chassis lengthened 30mm for increased wheelbase.
Includes 5-cell NiMH rechargeable receiver pack with built-in charge jack.
New TRX® Power Charger charges NiMH receiver packs and 7.2V EZ-Start® battery packs.
OptiDrive® electronically controlled transmission.
EZ-Start® push-button electric starting.
Revo state-of-the-art transmission
- Two-speed forward/reverse transmission.
- Ultra-compact. Fewer moving parts.
- Low rotating mass for quick, high-revving acceleration.
- Autoshifting two-speed is simple, reliable, and easy to adjust.
- Constant drive engagement is smooth and instantly responsive.
- Sealed case protects the gears and two-speed from damaging track debris.

Pre-glued Talonâ„¢ tires with foam inserts mounted on 3.8-inch mirror-chrome Split-Spokeâ„¢ wheels.
Precision adjustable turnbuckles.
Adjustable body mounts.
Integrated roll hoop and carry handle.
Pull handle for fast fueling.
Fully assembled and Ready-To-Race®
Includes full-color manual and DVD.
Fully painted, trimmed and decaled Prographix® body (color varies - please contact us before payment if a certain color is needed)
Fuel mixtures are pre-set.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:14 PM
[email protected]

ok what are the ride heights on each?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Macanan

There both 4 inches from the ground and these upgrades are a must for the T-Maxx, The bulkheads, shocks, RPM A arm, and skid plates all aluminum except the arms RPM arms will replace them for free if they ever break Here is a few picture's of my T-Maxx with full aluminum skid plates from the front to the back and RPM front arms and new shocks I still have to get the bulkheads for it and the rear arms.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60452.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	905314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13123.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	905315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24992.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	905316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85210.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	905317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26664.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	905318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62290.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	905319  
Old 03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
sloppyG

I don't think the tmaxx has any advantages other than price,

the revo was built to be "a better tmaxx" they took issues the older truck had and made a better new truck

it's like asking if the new 08 honda accord is a better vehicle than the 02 version
Old 03-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Macanan

That would be incorrect if you look they also upgraded the T-Maxx to better it then the older versions, they added everything the revo has except the shocks. which makes it JUST like the revo OO wait a minute I failed to say that the revo chassis is 3mm thick and the T-Maxx is 4mm thick
Old 03-17-2008, 02:51 AM
beer=food
Banned

And the T-Maxx is still weaker than the revo, especially in the chassis, why you recon they thickened it dude, because it tears just behind front wheel joints, the revo, is a MILES better truck, even for bashing, especially for bashing, saying a revo is for racing only is just stupid, the revo can absorb more energy from a jump period, has better control period, has a stronger chassis because of its curves, and IS overall a far better truck.
For a T-Maxx to match a STOCK revo in strength, it has to be modified, the only down side to a revo is 'it' took some outdated design features from the , pretty crappy T-Maxx, line plastic drivelines, LOL !
Even after the upgrade, still, the only T-Maxx worth owning is a waterproof brushless electric one !
No offence T-Maxx owners, me ex owner, and it was a good truck for its day, but its day is' passed, and its legacy it leaves us with is a butter drive-line, WTpoo bar guys ?
Yea ledgenary stuff.......

Get a revo, use the T-maxx for spairs, erm if you need too....
Whats the harm in two different trucks, especially if there from the same company, you have bonus spairs in the field if needed, LOL , get a revo !
Old 03-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Macanan

I would like to know what the week link in the T-Maxx is then ? I was out running it today in the yard and there was a tree stump in the ground about 5 inches round 5 inches sticking out of the ground and I hit that tree stump doing full speed and it ripped the stump from the ground with not even a scratch on my T-Maxx that sound like a week T-Maxx ?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
snoking16

your a liar because anyone with half a brain would know that couldnt happen even with the most built up best basher ever. im not going to get into why the tmaxx comes up short to the revo because i really dont feel like writing a novel. but like beer=food stated the tmaxx drivelines are butter, the chasis always breaks, also, the bulkheads sucks, the 8 shock set up is a horrible set up, its too short in lenght, cant handle worth crap, oh yeah....isnt scratch proof like your magic tmaxx.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:48 AM
[email protected]

nah dude i believe him (it must of been rotten or halfway up rooted)
but buddy of mine had a baja 5b and he was driving through our neighbor hood and hit a mailbox post and it just broke the mailbox post in half and thats a 4x4 mailbox post and not a scratch to his 5b but that is also a 5b not a maxx

P.S. which one handles better? i have heard revo by a mile also which one is more prone to flip.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: Macanan
about 5 inches round 5 inches sticking out of the ground
really so there was none in the ground
Old 03-17-2008, 06:05 AM
bud09

t-maxx flips in tuens ezer and revo flip if ur not careful with the brakes.

ok i dont want to argue but i like both. the t-maxx's driveline is like "butter", but that is ezily fixed with traxxas centers. my friend has a revo, sure biggest thing he broke so far is the reverse gear. sure i exploded a few clutches and cracked transmision cases. but it run great. bith trucks r good in they own way. i chose t-maxx cuz im not gonna race that much, and my friend got a revo, jus cuz his dad brought it home 1 day.
this always comes up whenever sum1 make a t-maxx vs. revo thread.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:11 AM
[email protected]

Oh lol well i myself don't bash i just do club entry races so sounds like REVO then after i get my law mowing business rolling again i will buy t-maxx and all the other traxxas vehicles and convert them to 3.3 LOL then after that i will start working on HPI LOL

BUT REVO IT IS.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 AM
beer=food
Banned

I would like to know what the week link in the T-Maxx is then ? I was out running it today in the yard and there was a tree stump in the ground about 5 inches round 5 inches sticking out of the ground and I hit that tree stump doing full speed and it ripped the stump from the ground with not even a scratch on my T-Maxx that sound like a week T-Maxx ?
Sounds like a heavily modded T-Maxx ! Or maybe a fib about the speed at which you hit !
Its front end, the front section where the four screws hold the entire front bulkhead on, they tear a few mills back from there, they thickened the chassis to try and fix it and chassis bends, the T-max really is a datsun, the revo a nissan ! hahaha LOL !
Good choice on the revo, it is the better truck, l guess like alot of traxxas drivers, once owning a revo, you never look back at the T-Maxx, l havent, l preffer a savage over a T-Maxx for that style design, much stronger than a T-Maxx, but the revo is better than both, its just a pleasure to use.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 PM
balzy

I just got a new revo. It has a lower center of gravity then the Maxx. It still has plastic drive lines & axles, plastic inside drive nuts on the axles. Plastic gears too. Like anything I know that plastic sucks on just about anything that's going to get brutilized. I've had it a week and I've broken the front suspention, shattered a reverse gear, broke a servo, broke the bead on a tire, broke an antenna too.

I agree that the revo is just a better designed truck but the problem with plastic parts is the same for both vehicles. Just the way that Traxxas makes the most money for your purchase.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:27 PM
beer=food
Banned

No you dont buy traxxas one if thats your opinion, LOL you get aftermarket ones, if everyone does this, and never buys a traxxas steel shaft set again, traxxas will fix the problem, but cause everyone buys traxxas shafts, LOL, why would they bother !
Your right though, it makes ems as much money as sales probly !
Who woulda thought an RC company, that sells BUTTER ! hahha l cant believe its not butter ! Wait, it is butter !

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo @ traxxas !
Old 03-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Macanan

Okay for one I don't lie ! and if you look at my posts I said that the T-Maxx will out bash a revo with the right upgrades, NOTE my full aluminum skid plates, thats what hit the stump, if a Revo hit this stump it would have tore the whole front off of it, here is a picture of my T-Maxx in front of the stump I hit, the Maxx body is 7 inches wide look at the stump about 2 inches skinnier then the body which makes it 5 INCHES, if you look you can see the closeup picture of the stump where the wood cracked from the roots, and yes that stump was round when I hit it, it split it in half, I couldn't find the other half.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54252.jpg
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	906102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40838.jpg
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	906103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95958.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	906104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49317.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	906105  
Old 03-17-2008, 06:49 PM
sloppyG

Okay for one I don't lie ! and if you look at my posts I said that the T-Maxx will out bash a revo with the right upgrades, NOTE my full aluminum skid plates, thats what hit the stump, if a Revo hit this stump it would have tore the whole front off of it, here is a picture of my T-Maxx in front of the stump I hit, the Maxx body is 7 inches wide look at the stump about 2 inches skinnier then the body which makes it 5 INCHES, if you look you can see the closeup picture of the stump where the wood cracked from the roots, and yes that stump was round, when I hit it, it split it in half as well, I couldn't find the other half.

compare stock to stock,

if you have new skidplates, bumper, RPM A-arms on the t-maxx.. there's probably a reason... like the stock parts broke
I'm not going to say your truck's not a good basher, but you have upgraded it, and a lot of the time people upgrade because the stock parts broke

I would imagine if you were just throwing RPM parts on it to make it tougher you would have done the rear A arms as well (maybe you did but they're black, and the fronts are blue)

I have run my revo plenty, and not broken it once yet in its stock condition

all of the parts you say good things about in the post are NOT FROM TRAXXAS and don't come on the tmaxx 3.3
Old 03-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Macanan

I got the truck last week and I did my research on this truck and bought all the upgrades I could afford at the time and installed it before I broke it in its always good to research on something your going to invest $600.00 +. and the T-Maxx is what I was looking for, for the terrain where I live.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:20 PM
[email protected]

oh well ok no need to argue i already made my decision.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:23 PM
sloppyG

glad you like your truck Macanan, these things are a blast to run! I need to sneak my Revo out again!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:21 PM
bud09

i really could of gone either way on deciding, pretty much 50/50 from off road to on. but i as well researched a decided on the t-maxx for the millions of things u can do with it. i no the revo can get most of the same stuff to but not so much chassis wise. u cant change the layout of the electronics like the maxx. the big upgrade so far is the resonator, traxxas centers, and steel driveshafts(not installed yet). i want to extend the chassis for better handling.

yes beer=food the driveline is butter. i broke 3 plastic rear centers in 2hrs.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Macanan

Yeah I'm getting a free resonator through the promotion Traxxas is running now, which ends at the end of this month, its going to be here tomorrow
Old 03-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Sounds like a heavily modded T-Maxx ! Or maybe a fib about the speed at which you hit !
Its front end, the front section where the four screws hold the entire front bulkhead on, they tear a few mills back from there, they thickened the chassis to try and fix it and chassis bends, the T-max really is a datsun, the revo a nissan ! hahaha LOL !
Good choice on the revo, it is the better truck, l guess like alot of traxxas drivers, once owning a revo, you never look back at the T-Maxx, l havent, l preffer a savage over a T-Maxx for that style design, much stronger than a T-Maxx, but the revo is better than both, its just a pleasure to use.
I just checked the weight of my Maxx and it is 10 pounds with no fuel, I looked at the specs of the revo and there 9.8 pounds, so with what aluminum upgrades I already have 10 pounds isn't that all bad.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Revodude29

Revos are better because they make more horses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.