Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

1 speed revo!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 speed revo!

hey guys I was talking to the guys at El HS and they will finally let me run with the truggys if I made my revo 1 speed. (there are 3 people that race MT myself included 1 drives a t-maxx and the other drives a savage 3 speed) needless to say they just like taking their trucks out on the track to drive. I want to at least keep some form of racing going for myself so I went through my tranny and pulled the 2nd speed gear and the 2nd speed clutch out and put the center diff in and I can run with them next race!

So for the question part of it! Seeing as I only have 1 speed now and I took weight out of the tranny my revo tops out quick but its a lot shy of what the racing truggys are topping out at on the back straight. So is there anything I can do gearing wise that will let my top end come up without sacrificing all the low down pull? she pulls hard out of the corners and from a dead stop so I was thinking going to a 38 tooth spur staying with the 15 tooth CB (im using the 40 tooth spur right now) also does anyone see any problems I would run into with this setup? for example straining the transmission too much or stripping tranny gears?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:37 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1 speed revo!

I think your gonna have to gear it up higher then just a 15/38. Try a 14/36 or something along that nature. Without that 2nd gear its gonna be hard to keep up with basically any truggy. I raced my bro's stock 8T and lost to him with 14/40 gearing. I started cathing up as soon as I hit secound but we ran out of room before I could pass him. Good luck against truggies with only 1st gear. What motor are you running anyway?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
acexxxoasis

just a 2.5 for now like I said I can run with them doesnt mean Ill be competitive yet... but its a fairly tight track but I will still get wasted on the straight. but after I get my friggin taxes back Im grabbing either a .18 TZ or a BB maybe another mach 427 I loved that engine. or after I get wasted on the track so much ill just buy a truggy :P actually Ive been looking at a few truggys but hey thats cause theyre cool any way yeah I just like competition not winning (though its good) might trade in my old BK2 and pick up a cen arena FRE
[:-] oh yeah back to the point! I will be getting a new engine and some more upgrade parts soon and a slipper rebuild... I think I may have toasted the slipper in my revo and a spur gear... I HATE THIS ENGINE MOUNT... sorry
Old 03-26-2008, 03:59 PM
FISH KILLA

Are there any long straights on the track? I would dial in your gearing for the longest straight. set it to where you don't run out of rpms on the straight but get close. That should keep you low enough for the turns and what not and good on the straights. I think you will do good. What engine are you running?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

15/40 gearing will give you a faster accelleration, but lower top speed than stock (15/38)... a 14/38 would be relatively close to the same thing as 15/40... I run a 16/36 on my TM323 Revo and have good speed. I think you can run that gearing on a stock 2.5r and still have quick accelleration and a higher top speed. Not to mention, if you want to "hang" with truggies, that 2.5r has to go.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
acexxxoasis

TRX 2.5 they did well on mine at least hahaha like I said I wll be upgrading the engine soon most likely either OS .18TZ or a Big Block (.21)

Oh and fish dont you dare say anything about a 3.3
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM
FISH KILLA

3.3 ??? Can't go wrong with one! I love mine!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:41 PM
NitroVenom

LMAO.. you shouldn't worry about the straight as much as the infield. For the 3-7 secounds on the straight, its not even worth it to gear it that high. Your not even gettin up to top speed. I run 14/40 gearing because of that reason. The only time I hit secound gear is on the straight. The track can't be that small if your allowed to run an 1/8 scale. On my track you can only run 1/10 scale. So you can imagine how small it really is. Go with 14/36 gearing. The TZ is a great choice from my experience.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:23 PM
acexxxoasis

its small for 1/8th but my revos topping out after like 45-60 feet but I think I might just figure out how to throw the 427 in my revo also then Ill keep up I just HATE the friggin engine mount I wish Traxxas had used a regular freaking setup for the engine mount... Im a ittle upset because ive been through 3 spurs today I cant keep my mount tight and im not about to use red locktite blue aint staying too well and I dont want to start dropping money on a steel spur
Old 03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
FISH KILLA

keep me or us informed on the mach 427 fittment. I am reall thinking I might go that route.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:35 PM
acexxxoasis

hey mike also check out http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...y&memid=329849 thats redrawker he has used the LRP .28 in his LST2 and the mach 427 in his revo check the pics his ride is sweet
Old 03-26-2008, 06:16 PM
[email protected]

well i would get a 24t cb and a 54sg
Old 03-26-2008, 06:33 PM
acexxxoasis

what? I dont think the revo can get those for 1 2 if they are they are from a jato and that will just be a stab in the dark at gearing
Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Skimore69

dude your rpms have got to be outrageous.. i cant see how that can be good for the motor
Old 03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
acexxxoasis

its not outrageous its just like driving around in first gear I dont go for speed runs if my 2.5 has lasted 10 gallons I dont think that I rev it out too bad otherwise I would be having problems earlier than now would I not? I never really used 2n gear I always had it locked out because I could never get it to engage consistently anyway also its a pain for me too adjust so pulling its not that big of a deal to me. Im not partial to 2 speeds to begin with. anyway I broke last night so my running will be cut short for a while as it stands.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:24 PM
FISH KILLA

what did you break?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:48 PM
acexxxoasis

I busted alot haha I'll make ya proud.

Busted a front bulkhead, throttle servo, rx batt, spur gear, servo saver arm, and I also need to pick up Tx pack and a new receiver and some washers hahaha

EDIT all with only 1 gear
Old 03-27-2008, 05:07 PM
FISH KILLA

what the heck happened? Even I have never had a breakage that was that much of a list.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:39 PM
acexxxoasis

haha lets see backflips I was jumping and the truck was running great I was bashing around with a 2 foot ramp not a straight kicker but one that rolls up towards the end (not a quarter pipe though) anyway the battery went first and I resoldered that. The Steering servo arm went so I went to the other side with 1 servo that was landing hard on 1 front wheel. Spur gear, bulkhead, throttle servo, AND receiver all went at the same time the bulkhead cracked a little with the first hard 1 wheel but it was still sturdy. I wish I had gotten video of the final straw IT WAS OFF THE HOOK I came flying in full tilt hit the kicker it sent the revo up into the air like 12 feet then I kept it pinned and went to pull a back flip but was just not getting a fast rotation due to the speed and I corrected a little with the wheel and the revo pivoted came down HARD straight down on the front 2 wheels I obliterated the bulkhead it snapped the hinge pin retainer off stripped the servo saver screw out broke the other part of the servo saver it was harsh but the truck hit so hard the receiver doesnt work anymore I tried my old radio system the throttle servos out of order it was a hard landing like my bottom arms are hanging down almost an inch.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM
NitroVenom

LOL I swear those warped kicker ramps hate revo's. I just ripped off another shock rod end jumping off it.. A reciever too?!? Are you still useing the stock radio? If you landed straight onto the front wheels, wouldn't it hit the front bumper first?
Old 03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
acexxxoasis

haha no I was using a Futaba 3PM FS its 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better then the TQ lol but anyway it wasnt STRAIGHT down it was just tilted a little kinda like a / but it was just a freak landing I guess I heard a big crunch but the engine stayed running which was wierd usually with a super hard hit like that the engine stalls. just a wee painful to the wallet. time to upgrade though!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
NitroVenom

LOL that sucks.. BIGTIME.. Now you gotta spend another $60+ on just the reciever..
ORIGINAL: acexxxoasis

haha no I was using a Futaba 3PM FS its 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better then the TQ lol but anyway it wasnt STRAIGHT down it was just tilted a little kinda like a / but it was just a freak landing I guess I heard a big crunch but the engine stayed running which was wierd usually with a super hard hit like that the engine stalls. just a wee painful to the wallet. time to upgrade though!
That just shows you've got a good tune going for ya[8D]
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
acexxxoasis

no 10 gallons through a 2.5 means Ive got a good ear and eye for tuning I dont even own a temp gun :P so beat that you guys! haha
Old 03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
acexxxoasis

oh yeah im mad at the receiver thing but live and learn I may just look into a completely new radio maybe a DX3r or a 3pk or something
Old 03-27-2008, 07:27 PM
NitroVenom

There's a guy on here (highlifeMT) who has an MGT 4.6 with 14+ gallons on it. I only got 7 gallons outta my 2.5 until it lost compression. Not bad for buying a used

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.