Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

o.s. .21 tm?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM
wht92lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o.s. .21 tm?

how are the new os .21tm's are they as good as the .18's were? i was gettin ready to order an .18 for my t-maxx but noticed the ywere discontinued....so is the .21 pretty powerful or is there a better drop in motor?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
d40sithui

Default RE: o.s. .21 tm?

from what's been going around, the 21tm looks like the ideal replacement motor if you can spare $200+ =p
Old 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
slayerphonics

I think they need to lower that price on that engine little expensive,

170 or would be better
Old 03-31-2008, 04:54 PM
wht92lude

yeah it is kinda pricey....but what isnt nowadays..lol
Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 PM
fellers
My Feedback: (6)

If it was not for the price I would have one now.
I'll just wait to someone gets board with thiers or OS stops being greedy
Old 03-31-2008, 06:11 PM
wht92lude

thats why i waited so long to buy an 18
Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 AM
125cchyperman

Actually the .21tm uses the same block as the .18tm. The .18tm was basically just bored out from what I know to a .21, and yeah the price is outrageous. Just gotta wait for a little till the prices come down. But it's anybody guess when that will happen though.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:26 AM
systemlord

OS Engines are very high quality engines, I would just buy one blindly because its an OS. If its anything like their VZB V-spec II, it should be a real show stopper! If I needed a new engine now I wouldn't hesitate buying it.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 AM
wht92lude

im planning on buying it, i know os engines are very high quality. but almost $300 dollars is a big hit for an engine...lol. im gonna buy the motor last in hopes the price will drop a little, im just finishing up my hopped up t-maxx and all i need is servos, rx,tx and a motor. hopefully its got plenty of balls......the picco .26 is catching my eye now also any info on that engine?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 AM
fellers
My Feedback: (6)

300 for a tiny little engine such as this is, just down right down right rediculous ! I paid 370 for my OS 91 SZ h-ph with perry fuel pump for my raptor 90 3d heli. This is a high end competition heli engine. No reason what so ever for os to try and gouge or rip off the surface end of the hobbyist.
OS knows if they asked those prices we (aircraft guys) would simply switch over to YS engines which are much higher quality than OS and a bit more expensive. But priced appropriately.
This .21 is no way worth that price. I think I am going to switch all together just because they anger me for being so greedy.
i just happened to get a revo because a good friend of mine was paralyzed and that is some fun we can have together. i would of never seen OS doing this if it was not for that.
I guess you guys are accustomed to paying high prices for small engines?
Boycott OS till they stop being so damn greedy. Or get your moneys worth and out a .91 heli engine in your revo Make sure you have good cover when mat the throttle
Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
wht92lude

yeah they are overpriced...but it took about a year or so for the .18 's price to drop down just a little bit, they have enough business to sit on these and wait. with the heli engines, airplane engines and other car engines they produce im sure one engine doensnt worry them all that much.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:15 PM
systemlord

If you feel the prices for an OS engine is too high don't buy, but to boycot them for wanting to make money which is why they exist its called business. Yes a small engine, but a small engine with big horsepower. OS Engines feels that their .21TM is a high-end product which it is hence the high-end price. Its worth what people are willing to pay, does anyone know how much the new Sirio .28TM cost?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:36 PM
wht92lude

wow, the sirio is the same price as the o.s. .21, but its a .27. i wonder how that motor is, sounds very powerful, and it has free shipping at amainhobbies.com

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/20017]sirio .27tx[/link]
Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM
charlieboy

Yeah, i agree the OS 21TM is a rip off, wayyy toooo expensive!!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
wht92lude

id like to get some more info on sirios in general, is there any common problems with them or not? specifically this .27tx i like the looks of the motor but dont like buying blindly..thanx
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: wht92lude

wow, the sirio is the same price as the o.s. .21, but its a .27. i wonder how that motor is, sounds very powerful, and it has free shipping at amainhobbies.com

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/20017]sirio .27tx[/link]
Again a high end product (Sirio .27TX) comes with a high end price, its hand made in Italy. OS .21TM is a high end product with high end price, its made in Japan.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
systemlord

id like to get some more info on sirios in general, is there any common problems with them or not? specifically this .27tx i like the looks of the motor but dont like buying blindly..thanx
I have a Sirio .23TM and its runs very smooth and holds a tune very well! All the Sirio .27 is is a bored out .23TM, same crank bigger piston. Sirio's and OS engines are the top two brands out there and I would buy either of them blind folded.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43523.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	919550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qh65143.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	919552  
Attached Images     
Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
wht92lude

if you would buy either of them blindfolded which one would you buy first? i imagine the sirio will have mad power correct? and will i have to get a specific backplate and clutch assebly or will the traxxas stuff fit on it like the .21tm?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:08 AM
systemlord

if you would buy either of them blindfolded which one would you buy first? i imagine the sirio will have mad power correct? and will i have to get a specific backplate and clutch assebly or will the traxxas stuff fit on it like the .21tm?
These motors are designed for the T-Maxx/Revo trucks, hence the Sirio .27 "TX" designation or OS's "TM" or T-Maxx. It would be difficult to chose which motor to buy, OS tends to have spare parts readily available, Sirio parts are next to impossible to get from there US distributor kyosho. When I first started running my new Sirio .23 for T-Maxx I lost (both pieces) the threaded shaft that holds the carb on the block, my brothers friend had to make me a new one at work using their CNC machine. I got out of that mess easy, my Sirio .23 would have been useless if not for my brothers friend. I love both OS and Sirio motor the same, there both great high-end motors.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 AM
wht92lude

how does the sirio hold a tune? is it difficukt to tune?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:17 AM
racemaxx24

From what I have heard[i don't have a Sirio] it works well.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:40 AM
wayfast

i have 5 revos that all have different motors but nearly the same set up.( all your comomn race mods) no need to go in to deatail there. the motors that i have on them are os 21 v-spec speed tune, picco 26 max, siro 23, os 30 vg,axail 28rr. and i have ran many other motors as well. if your are looking to get the most power for money i would say go for the picco. the siro is junk. mine will never hold a tune. the parts are hard to get or find at all. it is way over priced. the os would be my second choice. they are great motors and i will stand buy them any time. the parts are cheap and easy to find. they run great. but you need to determine what you use your truck for racing or bashing. the picco is great for bashing because it has loads of bottom end but the os is my choice for racing. they are a very good well balenced motor. the picco can be a little much at times and hard to control and it loves to pull the wheels up with just a little throttle.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
systemlord

I have never heard of any Sirio not tuning well before or holding a tune. My brother and I both have the same Sirio .23 and they are almost exactly the same as far as how many needle turns it takes to get a good tune, Sirio's are consistent between engines as their hand made in Italy. When the Sirio .23 first came out, I remember when it was first tested. It had the highest torque than any other engine at that time, it even beat the OS .21 VZB V-spec bumpstart only engine. That was the only way to start the sucker, its compression was soo high that not just any starterbox was able to start it. No matter what I will always use OS glow plugs even if they cost $10 bucks.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:57 AM
wht92lude

wow alrighty then, looks like i found my new engine...... now is it a direct bolt in like the .21tm or what do i need? motor mount, will the stock flywheel and clutch from the 2.5 work on it?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 AM
wayfast

not to be rude or any thing or steal this form but dont just associate quality when you hear " hand made in italy"! i live in italy and the workmanship can be wack from time to time. trust me not every thing that comes out of italy is that great. i am not totaly basing my choice on the fact that the motor would not hold a tune but more on the fact that you cant get the parts for it. i wont say that it was totaly bad it did run well but i think that you can buy a better motor for the price, plus be able to get parts if need be. listen to me when i say that italy is about 5 years behind the curve. for god sakes they still use stick radios. they are so dead set in there way to make change. but i will say that some of the stuff made here is top notch. but not the siro motor in the case. i think that you get more bang for your buck with another brand of motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.