Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TRAXXAS HAS A NEW TMAXX!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
kramr5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRAXXAS HAS A NEW TMAXX!!!!

ORIGINAL: NStampede Freak
Try building a LST of savvy without using any losi or hpi parts and see how far you will go............
A significant reason is that when the maxx first came out it was pretty much a weak brittle truck that needed many many upgrades. It also didn't hurt that is was the only game in town for a year or two until the savage came along.

I have an early maxx that is now bullet proof. The reciever box, tranny case and one-way inside the tranny are THE ONLY traxxas parts left on the truck. the rest is pretty much UE [8D]

The Revo is a great truck right out of the box and only needs a few things (better radio, servos, shock/spring tuning) to be a killer truck. Even Better the LST2 is an outstanding truck right out of the box and really needs nothing.

I would also guess that many of the maxx parts are easier to reproduce in aluminum than revo stuff like the chassis, shock towers ladder bars, bulks, skids, etc.

Granted the NEW maxx is much improved....... but it still has weak plastic bulks, & NON captured hinge pins ....... Make mine a Platinum Revo [8D]
Old 04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
RC 01 KID

At least there kinda heading in the right direction right!??! Maybe in another month or so there release a truggy or buggy of some sort now that they have rereleased the revo with its platinum edition and now this new maxx.......That would be sick.....And i can see a reason for them doing it too. Because they know people would most likely buy something brand new then a rereleased version of something, so this way now they can bring out something brand new and people will buy it....Idk these are just my thoughts....
Old 04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its sad really, all these "hobby grade" companies feel so compelled to constantly rehash the exact same vehicles just to push something "new" out onto the market. Personally I want to see some new vehicle designs coming out of of these manufacturers. Too much RTR, too much emphasis on instant gratification - all of which is against the grain of what a hobby traditionally has been. Oh well, thats just my opinion of course and you're welcome to have yours
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 PM
sloppyG

I can't believe the changes warranted a change in model number

it only has a couple very minor changes from the old 3.3

updates are good, but there has got to be a time where you take the old horse out back and shoot it
Old 04-04-2008, 12:52 AM
sheograth

updates are good, but there has got to be a time where you take the old horse out back and shoot it

My thoughts exactly.

And personally I'm ok with waiting longer between new vehicle releases if it meant they'd actually be NEW vehicles. In a hobby thats characterized by the ability to upgrade, swap, modify, and change parts all the time, replacing the body on a vehicle or adding a hop up to it hardly qualifies as a new vehicle. Every T-maxx owner I know has deviated more from stock form than this "new vehicle" has from the "old" 3.3.

It's fine if they want to make changes, but there is no need to hype it up and release it as a new model. In most industries these changes take place all the time and the customer is barely informed, they just take place as revision changes at an engineering level.

But alas, the engineers are Traxxas (and other companies) know this, but their marketing department and ad agencies are smart as well, and clearly this sort of publicity is good for business.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 AM
snoking16

hey macanan....your obviously the moron. this new maxx is great but its not a revo. stop trying to push your nonsense of a tmaxx is better then a revo. you do it all the time and in every thread you can. its annoying. also get your facts strait...this is a brand new tmaxx. not the same one as yours that you bought a month ago.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 AM
RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Its sad really, all these "hobby grade" companies feel so compelled to constantly rehash the exact same vehicles just to push something "new" out onto the market. Personally I want to see some new vehicle designs coming out of of these manufacturers. Too much RTR, too much emphasis on instant gratification - all of which is against the grain of what a hobby traditionally has been. Oh well, thats just my opinion of course and you're welcome to have yours
If it weren't for the RTR explosion...the hobby would still be converting electrics to Nitros with bike chains and small sprockets LOL...me personally the explosion in popularity has allowed me to buy any part I want or can concieve of for my trucks.....building kits is over rated in my books .....If you look at the new Tmaxx you will see that they pretty much upgraded all of the things we Tmaxx fans were asking for....so if you are not a fan of the Tmaxx why would you even comment....just asking for a flame war in my books...and remember opinions are like arze's everyone has one just some of them stink.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 AM
NStampede Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kramr5

Try building a LST of savvy without using any losi or hpi parts and see how far you will go............
A significant reason is that when the maxx first came out it was pretty much a weak brittle truck that needed many many upgrades. It also didn't hurt that is was the only game in town for a year or two until the savage came along.

I have an early maxx that is now bullet proof. The reciever box, tranny case and one-way inside the tranny are THE ONLY traxxas parts left on the truck. the rest is pretty much UE [8D]

The Revo is a great truck right out of the box and only needs a few things (better radio, servos, shock/spring tuning) to be a killer truck. Even Better the LST2 is an outstanding truck right out of the box and really needs nothing.

I would also guess that many of the maxx parts are easier to reproduce in aluminum than revo stuff like the chassis, shock towers ladder bars, bulks, skids, etc.

Granted the NEW maxx is much improved....... but it still has weak plastic bulks, & NON captured hinge pins ....... Make mine a Platinum Revo [8D]
You keep comparing the early maxx to a LST2 which is stupid. The new maxx has completely different parts than the older 2.5/.15 maxx. Until you try the new maxx and see for yourself how much it has been improved, your post means absolutely nothing. Like I said, the only weak spot that I can find is the bulks. I could pick up a set of acncms bulks off ebay for less that $50. Problem solved.

I am just plain sick of all this maxx bashing. [:'(]
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
91gti_wolfsburg

what exactly is different from the old 3.3 to the new 3.3 besides the tires and the transmission?

the suspension looks the same etc...
Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 AM
jdiamond

ORIGINAL: 91gti_wolfsburg

what exactly is different from the old 3.3 to the new 3.3 besides the tires and the transmission?

Well the chassis braces are much beefier.

I'm new here...so I don't understand the argument between Revo's and Tmaxx's...is this like Mac vs PC or something?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
NStampede Freak

The chassis is thicker and longer, the bulks are stronger, the diffs are stronger and sealed, the motor mount is stronger,the engine is bigger, the shock towers and body mounts are stronger, the chassis braces are thicker the tranny is stronger, and the driveshafts are stronger.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
RCCanuck

yes pretty much....Revo guys think its the best and Tmaxx guys just don't care at all one way or tother.

Longer Chassis
Better Airfilter and housing
factory FOC Tranny
Sealed Diffs(yeah now we can run oil)
Bigger Better Wheels and tires
Better looking body
Revo spec centre driveshafts
Beefier chassis braces and centre skid plate
Resonator pipe
new Bellcrank steering with servo saver
Digital high Tq steer servo
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 AM
91gti_wolfsburg

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

yes pretty much....Revo guys think its the best and Tmaxx guys just don't care at all one way or tother.

Longer Chassis
factory FOC Tranny
Better looking body
Resonator pipe
OK,

Out of that list-

My 3.3 T has the same driveshafts as the revo, or at least the same construction, maybe not the same length. ( I compared them to my friend's revo 3.3 and the splines are identical)
My 3.3 T has the same thickness chassis, 4mm 6061
My 3.3T Has bellcrank steering with a servo saver.

AFAIK, my T has oil in the diffs, because the front one is leaking.

And, how is the new TRX3.3 bigger and better than the old TRX3.3?

Same motor AFAIK...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:49 AM
thesouth1

ORIGINAL: jdiamond
I'm new here...so I don't understand the argument between Revo's and Tmaxx's...is this like Mac vs PC or something?
Yeah like: Chevy's and Fords, Cats and Dogs, Rain or Shine, Half empty-Half full, you get the picture. I'm for the Maxx myself, everything else came after it.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 AM
NStampede Freak

Longer Chassis
factory FOC Tranny
Better looking body
Resonator pipe

OK,

Out of that list-

My 3.3 T has the same driveshafts as the revo, or at least the same construction, maybe not the same length. ( I compared them to my friend's revo 3.3 and the splines are identical)

Same motor AFAIK...
The new 3.3 has revo CENTER shafts. The old 3.3 just had old maxx centers.
The new 3.3 chassis is longer.
Your 3.3 DOES NOT have sealed diffs. That's why it's leaking.
The new 3.3 has the servo-saver built-in to the bellcrank. The old 3.3 had the servo saver attached to the servo.

Those are some very good up-grades IMO.

Oh,BTW. I misread your other post. I thought you were were wanting to know the difference between the new 3.3 and the old 2.5/.15 maxx. The differences between the new 3.3 and the old 3.3 are what RCCanuck pointed out.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:21 AM
kramr5

You keep comparing the early maxx to a LST2 which is stupid. The new maxx has completely different parts than the older 2.5/.15 maxx. Until you try the new maxx and see for yourself how much it has been improved, your post means absolutely nothing. Like I said, the only weak spot that I can find is the bulks. I could pick up a set of acncms bulks off ebay for less that $50. Problem solved.

I am just plain sick of all this maxx bashing. [:'(]
Not comparing old maxx to anything..... The LST still smokes new maxx, more durable, more power, FM SYN RADIO, hi-low range trany and a reverse that works flawlessly! Not to mention shocks that are just awesome on the LST2

BTW, PROBLEM NOT SOLVED alum bulks DO NOT FIX the non-caputured hinge pins. I had alum bulks and STILL BENT hinge pins left and right. The only fix that I know of is the Unlimited Engineering VBS with has captured lower hinge pins. (which I have on my maxx by the way)

I'm not saying the new maxx is not light years ahead of the orig maxx, but its still a maxx that has been much improved with Revo parts....... why not just get a Revo.

There's no denying the maxx is a much much improved truck, but the fact is...... that its still inferior to a Revo

While the list of shortcomings of the NEWEST maxx compared to the Revo is getting much shorter..... there is still a list!!

1, weak bulks.....easy fix $60+/-
2, non captured hinge pins.....easy fix but expensive $400+/-... also fixes #1 & #5
3, weak body posts..... no good fix that I know of.
4, cheesy plastic shocks.... easy fix $80-200 depending on shocks used.
5 weak plastic skids.... easy fix ti skids $70 or RPM $25+/-

Boy, I'm so sick of these peeps sticking up for the maxx LOLjk

Old 04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
cambrian

Longer Chassis
factory FOC Tranny
Better looking body
Resonator pipe
OK,

Out of that list-

Same motor AFAIK...
The new 3.3 has revo CENTER shafts. The old 3.3 just had old maxx centers.
The new 3.3 chassis is longer.
Your 3.3 DOES NOT have sealed diffs. That's why it's leaking.
The new 3.3 has the servo-saver built-in to the bellcrank. The old 3.3 had the servo saver attached to the servo.

Those are some very good up-grades IMO.
I wonder if I can upgrade the bell crank steering system and sealed diffs to my current Maxx? I like having reverse and don't care about the longer chassis, so no reason for me to run out and buy the new one. I'll just keep the old one and add the goodies.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
jdiamond

I'm not saying the new maxx is not light years ahead of the orig maxx, but its still a maxx that has been much improved with Revo parts....... why not just get a Revo.
Well personally my decision was based on that it seems there are alot more aftermarket parts for the Tmaxx than the Revo, and that the Tmaxx "looks" more like a monster truck to me. I had already replaced 75% of the chassis before even breaking the engine in, I'm just one of those types that doesn't like anything stock. Buying a more race-ready truck like the Revo kind of takes the challenge out of creating something race-ready, which for me is half of the fun.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM
RCCanuck

So you got a Maxx huh? good choice dude throw some pics up when you get a chance
Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 PM
kramr5

ORIGINAL: jdiamond

Well personally my decision was based on that it seems there are alot more aftermarket parts for the Tmaxx than the Revo, and that the Tmaxx "looks" more like a monster truck to me. I had already replaced 75% of the chassis before even breaking the engine in, I'm just one of those types that doesn't like anything stock. Buying a more race-ready truck like the Revo kind of takes the challenge out of creating something race-ready, which for me is half of the fun.
Personal preference is personal preferance so more power to ya

And don't get me wrong, I do like the maxx... in fact I've got quite a pimped out Maxx myself....I'd even argue my maxx is better than a revo..... but it didn't come cheap.

I was just making the argument that right out of the box without dropping a ton of $ on upgrades.... the revo is tops.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: snoking16

hey macanan....your obviously the moron. this new maxx is great but its not a revo. stop trying to push your nonsense of a tmaxx is better then a revo. you do it all the time and in every thread you can. its annoying. also get your facts strait...this is a brand new tmaxx. not the same one as yours that you bought a month ago.
Your an ass. U push the revo because u think its a better truck and macanan pushes the t-maxx because he thinks its a better truck. Diffrence of opinion. I'm not trying to start any problems common. Cut him a break
Old 04-04-2008, 02:30 PM
snoking16

your obviously a maxx lover...its fine. like i said...the maxx is a great truck. but it isnt a revo. i used to have a tmaxx...then got the 2.5r revo and loved it then got the 3.3 revo and loved it even more. and yeah...i am an ass.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:33 PM
racemaxx24

I apoligize for the name calling. And yes I am a maxx lover. I had a revo and a maxx before and I just prefered the maxx.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
snoking16

alot of it is preference and money issues. the only thing i didnt like about the maxx is that you would have to upgrade it to make it bashable like the revo and it still wouldn't handle as well. so i had 2 trucks that had equal amounts of money into them and the revo still out handled the tmaxx and even in bashing handling is needed.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:43 PM
sheograth

Everyone needs to chill out, theres no need to start attacking each other. We're all entitled to our opinions, and if that is something you can't deal with then take it off RCU.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.