Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

picco vs. sirio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Narvin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picco vs. sirio?

so i was going to get a .26 picco max for my revo then i saw the .23 sirio and a .27 sirio for the revo, so how do sirio compare with the picco? and just how much power are we talking about? like flip it on the lid?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Danju

Default RE: picco vs. sirio?

i can, if i want, to flip my revo on its lid...i have a Sirio. 23 RE engine...but i would imagine the picco can push out more power....for me, im totally satisfied with my engine..great speed and low end (without a good 1/8 pipe, the sirio really gets suffocated on low end...cant wheelie for beans)...go for the sirio. you can get it at Amainhobbies...however, i do think the manufacturer has the engine discontinued and parts are scarce.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_F7c8xoY2c[/link]
Old 04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
niteblaster

is the sirio .23 a big block or a mid block?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Danju

i think mid ...if im correct, i think the picco .26 max is also mid
Old 04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Jamie22
My Feedback: (3)

Yea the picco is a mid block like the rb523
Old 04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
JB COMP

The sirio 23 is the same as the RB 323 or the RB 523 (not sure which one)
Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
MIKEA46996

Check this out RB523 New in box. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...cSELL.m315.lVI
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89650.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	923830  
Old 04-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Jamie22

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

The sirio 23 is the same as the RB 323 or the RB 523 (not sure which one)
Same as the 523. Anybody know if the mount from a 523 will work on a picco 26 ?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 AM
HILLFINGER

The Picco has been a really great engine for me, not sure about the power difference betwen the Sirio's and The Picco though. If you are wanting wheelies I wouldn't think you should have any problems with any of the three. If you go with the Picco you should consider looking into a side pipe.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 AM
wayfast

trust me when i say this, go for the picco! it is a way better motor for the price. you will have money left over. they are cheap and ez to tune. my sirio was not that great. dont get me wong they are nice motors but i think you get more bang fo you buck with a picco. i have a 26maxx with 3 gallons on it and it runs like a champ still. loads of bottom end and holds its own on the top end as well. i would however recomend getting a different motor mount. the one that comes with the motor sucks. but it works ok. dont let every one tell you to go for the rb's or the sirio. they are all great motors but like i said you get more bang for you buck. the sirio is hard to get parts for and they dont have any kind of customer support as well. take it from me go for the picco. i think you will be happy with the outcome.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 AM
HILLFINGER

ORIGINAL: wayfast

trust me when i say this, go for the picco! it is a way better motor for the price. you will have money left over. they are cheap and ez to tune. my sirio was not that great. dont get me wong they are nice motors but i think you get more bang fo you buck with a picco. i have a 26maxx with 3 gallons on it and it runs like a champ still. loads of bottom end and holds its own on the top end as well. i would however recomend getting a different motor mount. the one that comes with the motor sucks. but it works ok. dont let every one tell you to go for the rb's or the sirio. they are all great motors but like i said you get more bang for you buck. the sirio is hard to get parts for and they dont have any kind of customer support as well. take it from me go for the picco. i think you will be happy with the outcome.

Wayfast your post really doesn't make much since, you posted in another thread about the Picco being finicky.

what are you running them in. i like the axail. it is a great motor. but the picco is nice as well. i have both. but i would have to say that i like the axail the best. it has a very smooth feel and it has mad top end. the picco is i little finicky for me. i like to think of the axail as a set it and forget it kinda motor. i tuned it one time and then never touched it after that. i have them in revos right now. the only thing that i didnt like about the axail was that it was fuel hungry. the picco has also been known to have a lot of problems too. but they have great customer service.

The thread can be found here --> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#7344703
Old 04-07-2008, 02:50 AM
snoking16

[X(]BUSTED[X(]
Old 04-07-2008, 04:47 AM
niteblaster

So the sirio .23 would fit a stock 2.5 chassis?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Jamie22

ORIGINAL: niteblaster

Correct if I wrong guys but you gotta get a mid block mount
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: HILLFINGER

Wayfast your post really doesn't make much since, you posted in another thread about the Picco being finicky.

what are you running them in. i like the axail. it is a great motor. but the picco is nice as well. i have both. but i would have to say that i like the axail the best. it has a very smooth feel and it has mad top end. the picco is i little finicky for me. i like to think of the axail as a set it and forget it kinda motor. i tuned it one time and then never touched it after that. i have them in revos right now. the only thing that i didnt like about the axail was that it was fuel hungry. the picco has also been known to have a lot of problems too. but they have great customer service.

The thread can be found here --> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#7344703
LOL, Don't we all have a few post like that out there ;p
Old 04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Danju

ORIGINAL: Jamie22

ORIGINAL: niteblaster

Correct if I wrong guys but you gotta get a mid block mount
[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/18963]IT[/link] comes with evertying you need already in package...motor mount, header, and even a turbo button head if you wish for more power!!! i havent tried that yet...i wiill someday tho..

like what hillfinger said, these engines need a good side pipe to let out the real power...

btw, too bad the sirio is 200$ now...i saw amain had a sale and the sirio was 170...hahaha thats when i bought it! [>:]
Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
BigBadBuzz

amain coupon code DPPMAR812 save $12.50................Buy the Sirio or the RB and be done with it. My Sirio has about 4 gallons through it and runs like a champ. Or you could buy the RB and get a tuned pipe. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
snoking16

the RB comes with a tuned pipe, mount and header.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:07 PM
ENZO7
Banned

HILLFINGER how do you like your Pico? How easy is it to tune? Does it hold a tune? I think that you should make a video!!

Do it...

No but details on the engine!!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Nighthawk z450

wow, owned! lol
Old 04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
HILLFINGER

ORIGINAL: ENZO7

HILLFINGER how do you like your Pico? How easy is it to tune? Does it hold a tune? I think that you should make a video!!

Do it...

I love it !!!!!!

It was a bit of a pain to tune with a rear pipe so I switched to a side pipe and it is allot easier ( really easy )

It was a bit of a pain to keep tuned with a rear pipe so I switched to a side pipe and it is stays tuned very well. I have to adjust the needles very little unless there is a big change in weather.

Yea I need to doing some work on the REvo right now soon as I am done I will try to wipe some type of video together.

P.S. If you are considering a Picco .26 Max or any other mid or big block, keep in mind a side pipe will work wonders.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
ENZO7
Banned

Do it...

I love it !!!!!!

It was a bit of a pain to tune with a rear pipe so I switched to a side pipe and it is allot easier ( really easy )

It was a bit of a pain to keep tuned with a rear pipe so I switched to a side pipe and it is stays tuned very well. I have to adjust the needles very little unless there is a big change in weather.

Yea I need to doing some work on the REvo right now soon as I am done I will try to wipe some type of video together.

P.S. If you are considering a Picco .26 Max or any other mid or big block, keep in mind a side pipe will work wonders.

I will keep that in mind, but actually I have a T-Maxx, I would have to find some tuned pipe or something.

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM
HILLFINGER

Do it...

I love it !!!!!!

I will keep that in mind, but actually I have a T-Maxx, I would have to find some tuned pipe or something.

Thanks for the info!

I am sure a 1/8 scale pipe can be fitted to the T-Maxx, I am not sure though since I have never owned one.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Danju

yea but i think the t-maxx exhaust goes out the right...most pipes are made to be fitting on the left...right?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
HILLFINGER

ORIGINAL: Danju

yea but i think the t-maxx exhaust goes out the right...most pipes are made to be fitting on the left...right?

I think you are right, I am not sure if there are any that are designed to go to the left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.