Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Revo 3.3 wheelie

OK so i just got my revo 3.3 a huge difference from my 1.5 maxx with a 2.5 installed anyway my thought was that the revo would be so hard to keep from doing wheelies i wouldnt be able to get WOT from a stand still. Well this isnt the case am i doing something wrong? Is the truck to rich? i want it to wheelie down the street.
    New Revo 3.3 DOB:April 9, 08
    RIP First 3.3 June 5, 2008 Split piston rod like a pair of Aces

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Revo 3.3 wheelie

set the supension settings so the truck sits really high and the preloads onthe springs tight. that did it for mine. if it''s set up like a truggy it wont wheelie.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually if you have the torque and the traction it will wheelie if you have the shafts level or as you say "truggy setup"[&:]
    Real revo\'\'s are built not bought.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also; if its too rich, it probably wont wheelie either; simply because it can''t gain enough power when at lower rpm''s to do some wheelies.
    \"If U havent broken anything....U arent driving it hard enough\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe your clutch is a little too worn to get the power down. That or it could be a combination of both. An old/worn clutch will slip like that tho.
    When In Doubt, Throttle Out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MAXXCHEVY

OK so i just got my revo 3.3 a huge difference from my 1.5 maxx with a 2.5 installed anyway my thought was that the revo would be so hard to keep from doing wheelies i wouldnt be able to get WOT from a stand still. Well this isnt the case am i doing something wrong? Is the truck to rich? i want it to wheelie down the street.
    I found it really hard to impossible to wheelie my revo 3.3 even with an .18 in it. I don''t think the revo was made to wheelie like the t-maxx.

But I always had it set low with soft suspension, the Revo 3.3 has a long chassi, and once you put the center diff in you''ll never see wheelies.

There\'s a right way and wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is trying to make everybody else do it the right way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have my son''s Revo 3.3 set up with stock suspension settings, 14/40 gearing and a Trinity Pipe and it wheelies like crazy when good traction is available

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tmaxx26power

I have my son''''s Revo 3.3 set up with stock suspension settings, 14/40 gearing and a Trinity Pipe and it wheelies like crazy when good traction is available
    I was running a OS .18tm with a THS pipe,

But when I think about it, the traxxas 3.3 engine blew up in the first gallon and when I bought the OS I got the FOC, about the same time, thats why I never wheelied.

Anyone have a video of a stock revo, doing a wheelie?, I've only seen a couple, and on concrete, or 40 series tires

(BTW, the OS has 6 gallons still runs)
    There\'s a right way and wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is trying to make everybody else do it the right way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

I have my son''''''''s Revo 3.3 set up with stock suspension settings, 14/40 gearing and a Trinity Pipe and it wheelies like crazy when good traction is available

But when I think about it, the traxxas 3.3 engine blew up in the first gallon and when I bought the OS I got the FOC, about the same time, thats why I never wheelied.

Anyone have a video of a stock revo, doing a wheelie?, I''ve only seen a couple, and on concrete, or 40 series tires

OS engines rule, very reliable engines!
    UE SuperMaxx 1/8th Monster Truck* Custom Duratrax Vendetta Mamba 25 Motor 5400kv Impulse 3S1P 11.1v 950mAH 25C

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have my son's Revo 3.3 set up with stock suspension settings, 14/40 gearing and a Trinity Pipe and it wheelies like crazy when good traction is available

Anyone have a video of a stock revo, doing a wheelie?, I've only seen a couple, and on concrete, or 40 series tires

I agree with your post farther up that the revo won't wheelie as easily as the tmaxx but theres no reason with the 3.3 motor tuned right and running on a hard surface that the revo wont wheelie with the stock suspension setup. If you run a loose slipper or a center dif or even a difference in the altitude you live at then thats a different story. My son's 3.3 is going on 5 gallons and has been trouble free. I will say tho that it doesnt hold a consistent tune like the OS engines but it only requires a slight adjustment here and there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

when i tune it right, mine will wheelie like crazy without setting up the shocks. and with 36 spur and stock clutch bell
    Anyone know what I can do with a spare O.S. .18 cv-rx?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im using rb tm 523 with gear 16/36 but i want to do wheelies..any suggestion??
    what should i do with the sliiper or clutch??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: systemlord

I have my son's Revo 3.3 set up with stock suspension settings, 14/40 gearing and a Trinity Pipe and it wheelies like crazy when good traction is available

OS engines rule, very reliable engines!
    TRX 3.3 6 gallon still wheelies!
    Don\'\'t blip incessantly, youre being watched and recorded.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

3.3 good engine too just not traxxas' bread and butter like it is O.S.
    thats your 2.5 cents but this is my 3.3 cents.
    rustler 3.3 come on try me.