Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Just when I get my new E Maxx the way I want it. (E-REVO comes out)

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Just when I get my new E Maxx the way I want it. (E-REVO comes out)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just when I get my new E Maxx the way I want it. (E-REVO comes out)

Ok, heres my debate, as Im sure others are wondering the same. Stick with my E maxx, or sell and get the new E Revo. I love my E maxx, it has Dual 7 cell 4700 mah packs(Max amps), Dual 7 cell 3600 mah packs (intellect), Associated Blue alloy heat sinks, Integy Blue alloy front and rear skid plates, Aluminum Traxxas big bore shocks with integy springs, RPM skid plate and chassis brace covers, Front and rear wheelie bars, steering arm bearing upgrade, and deans connectors. Heres my plan. Ive been waiting for over 2 mos for the 2 speed to finally be released by Traxxas. They keep pushing the date back. ANd now they say mid to end of April. So Im going to buy the 2 speed. I already have the 3 channel TQ. So my Maxx is ready for it. So If I really like the way it runs then Ill keep it, maybe permanently or until the E Revo is a little cheaper. Ive heard alot of debate about what the price will be. My guess is around 450. Anyway chime in fellow E maxx owners and others. Anyone else in the same boat? Check out my pics also. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14498.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	935773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27635.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	935774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20580.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	935775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79923.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	935776  
Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 AM
rhylsadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just when I get my new E Maxx the way I want it. (E-REVO comes out)

hi

to be honest. imo its a very bad idea to sell your maxx just to buy an e revo. ever heard of a lemons market? selling used rc cars is a very bad deal usually. as a seller you have to loose so much because the buyer can never be sure what he actually buys from a private person (no warranty, asymmetric information etc etc).

so my suggestion is very simple. stay with the maxx and buy the e revo in addition if you have the money ready. imo its the much better deal in the long run.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 04-24-2008, 04:05 AM
TheTruckingGuru

Go for it. I clicked on the pictures and I was expecting to see a full on Super Maxx. It is not as though you turned your Emaxx into a full on beast complete with full RPM parts, Roll cage, dual Lipo battery packs, Novak brushless system, Gorilla Maxx this, Super Maxx that. There are some awesome looking E Maxx's on RCU. You will not have lost much by selling yours. I am not trying to knock it or anything just saying that you should sell it now before you put to much into it. So what if you get $150 for it. You maybe lose $200-300 on the deal but oh well. At least it's $150 you get towards a new E Revo. Which from the looks of it will be a far better truck and much more fun to bash with and maybe even race. Also having two 1/10th electric monster trucks would be pointless. I don't see why you would still use the E maxx when you have a better E Revo to use. You could use that $150 on an Associated mini kit, or an HPI mini Drifter, or a Losi Micro DT, or even an Axial rock crawler. That way you have a electric great monster truck and you diversify your RC hobby.
BTW I am keeping my Emaxx. I put so much into it I just couldn't part with it. But then again no kit or RTR can touch my E maxx with the upgrades it has. Whatever you get make it yours.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:24 AM
rhylsadar

Also having two 1/10th electric monster trucks would be pointless.
i have several different electric monster trucks. imo the e maxx and the e revo are different trucks. so i see good reasons to have both.
but hey everyone may do what they thinkg they should do. [)]

rhylsadar
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch, 150??? Never. I just sold my old other emaxx about a month ago, kinda beat up with no hop ups for 250. I guess Ill just wait til it comes out (not that I have a choice) then make a decision. By then Ill have the 2 speed and will know if the emaxx is what I want for the long run. I wont be installing brushless on either so that doesnt really come into the equation. Anyway thanks for the replies.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:58 PM
mycarisaser

I am in the same boat. I went brushless and all with my new emaxx but man that e-revo looks so good. I am going to keep the e-maxx and get the e-revo uhmmm well I guess. I just have put alot of money into the e-maxx so l would hate to get rid of it and have wasted all that money.