Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
shibby1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-maxx problems

It is the 2 speed gear in your trany, its not that hard to take it apart just look and right things down if you have to. I bet its the 2 speed i broker mine going off a jump with thepower on and it snaped a long hex hed serwe i bet its the little nut look hard because the gears may look good but the little serwe isent stoping the gear from free spinning. What broke it is the suden stop of iting the tree. Hope i help i know hwat your going thro and i have had it for8 years and i now can take my maxx completly apart and put it back to gether in 3 hours lol you will get their it just time.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
skootmaxx

ORIGINAL: Mr. Pink

hmm well now then where is the opti-drive located? and i think my ez-start is fubard it just spins it doesnt crank the motor anymore. Gah, i think i ended up with a lemon.
I just gotta say one thing . take your time and try not to get fustrated with it. Traxxas engines are a pain in the butt . I bought one used for 175 but ive replaced the engine the throttle bellcrank , body mount , front bulkheads , skidplates ,bellclutch, brake pad,spur gear . So basically ive spent most of the time wrenching on it . Its a hobby and i prefer gas to electric . Be ready to invest lots of time into it . And one more thing. Once you do get it running youll be damn proud of yourself.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Mr. Pink

ORIGINAL: shibby1

It is the 2 speed gear in your trany, its not that hard to take it apart just look and right things down if you have to. I bet its the 2 speed i broker mine going off a jump with thepower on and it snaped a long hex hed serwe i bet its the little nut look hard because the gears may look good but the little serwe isent stoping the gear from free spinning. What broke it is the suden stop of iting the tree. Hope i help i know hwat your going thro and i have had it for8 years and i now can take my maxx completly apart and put it back to gether in 3 hours lol you will get their it just time.

my trans works fine, it still shifts into 2nd. I am just having troubles with the ez-start and my failsafe now. the truck was running great yesterday. til it died for one final time then wont even crank over now.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:25 PM
shibby1

ow srry
Old 04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Mr. Pink

Well after furthur inspection, I snapped the rod. i am just going to replace the piston and rod, the sleeve looks fine.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
dvonlangen

to anybody - do u like revo 3.3 or t-maxx 3.3 better
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
dvonlangen

to anybody - do u like revo 3.3 or t-maxx 3.3 better
Old 04-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Mr. Pink

make your own thread please. this is the thread i started, about my problems with my T-maxx