Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I am doing it Again. $$

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:11 AM
freestylingford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am doing it Again. $$

With my tmaxx this time. Started out with a used t maxx 2.5 then popped the the rod put a 3.3 in it. Broke the motor mount bought the traxxas machined aluminum replacement then I get on tower just now and buy the whole silver Aluminum suspension kit by integy rpm axle carriers titanium pivot balls aluminum front and rear bumpers a high torque steering servo. Front and rear integy silver skid plates and a f650 body. AHH 430 down the drain plus i haven't installed my ths center and f/r cvd set yet. I am going to do it all at once this weekend.

Just sold my brushless firestorm for 300 on ebay to r c waffle. I was surprised. I like the tmaxx better. Thought I wanted to race but I ended up building the engine back up in my real size mud race truck so I'll be doing that so I am building the t maxx as a fun toy.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:50 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: I am doing it Again. $$

the integy shocks are horrible things.....they leak, they are heavier than other set ups, the reseviors or piggy backs are useless at this scale.....the RPM stuff is always good....also the High Tq steering servo is an excellant upgrade......should have spent the cash you spent on the integy stuff on RPM arms and some proline powerstroke shocks...but hey thats just my humble opinion.....the integy skids are crap as well the mounting holes break all the time.....I got some on a truck I bought used last year and the skids are now in the trash.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Wratherax

DON'T BUY ANYTHING MADE MY INTEGY!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
TtotheRAXXAS

Integy is generally all show no go. If you want to make a cheap shelf queen however, integy is cheap and good. If you expect performance, go with something else.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Soothsayerman

Integy[:'(]

Unless it's something extremely simple like skid plates.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:43 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well technically in most cases you cant even show off Integy, the oil will leak out from the shocks before you can display them properly
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
freestylingford

I didn't get the shocks. So I am not going to have any luck with the a arms? I guess i can send it back if you guys really think I could do better.

What do you advise for aluminum arms?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 PM
RCCanuck

I don't advise alluminum arms at all.....go RPM arms all the way
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
twomanytoys

Like everyone said Integy is crap. The aluminum is weak and will bend easily. RPM a arms all the way. I guess the only thing integy worth getting is the bulkheads and skids but even then there are better choices. Integy is mainly for shelf queens. I would hate to see you bash an Integy equipped suspension and one bad landing its junk.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:47 PM
freestylingford

What about their front and rear bumper the heavy duty version they sell will I be alright with them? They look pretty beefy in the pics. And the center braces I bought are integy will they not be better than the stock ones?

I would like to have aluminum arms just because they are neat looking what are the better alternative to the integy?

Really I was trying to deck it out a little bit and make it my own you know.