Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Anyone race a Jato 3.3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:15 AM
capew246s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone race a Jato 3.3?

Anyone here race or know someone that races a Jato 3.3? Dirt oval or off road?
How is it for racing?
Does it transfer over well from stock or does it take almost a complete rework?
Looking for some basic info on the Jato and racing it in a stadium class.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 AM
beer=food
Banned

Default RE: Anyone race a Jato 3.3?

Dont race it but ran it against some truggies at the new track in marybourgh, they killed me of the mark, there 4x4 the jato is 2wd, but we were on the old air plane runway behind the track itself, boy did l go past them fast once she got traction, the truggies get to there speed fast, the jato needs to be LOL controlled '' as it launches, l only just fixed mine, busted the engine mount, erm, frek, twice ! Funny thing is the revo, [ same engine same mounts too ] has copped just as much thumping on the engine and has not busted one mount and it heavier, the jato just spinns me out !
Jato good fun on tarmak, concrete is a bit like ice to the jato but controlable, just, gravel its a joke, just a bad idea all round, especially if your running with any MT's, they run jato's over, trust me, LOL, turkies, absolute wheelies on comand, frieghtenly easily, flips pretty easy.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Mspeed

I have 2 Jato's basher and a racer. Is the Jato raceable, yes. Is the Jato ROAR legal in the stadium truck class, no. Is the Jato a worthy compeditor vs the GT2 and XXX-NT's, not until you do some extensive modifictations. Is it worth doing the modifications, up to you.

The Jato has always had a reputation of being the underdog at the track; however, I like the idea of going to a track and surprising everyone with my Jato. If you know what is holding the Jato back to be a true competitor at the top level, you can mod it to get it very close to being just as good. I like the Jato also cause its hard for me to get board of all the speed and its got very flexiable gearing for different motors, tires, and set ups. The revo gearing and T-maxx gearing all work on it. The aftermarket has a good supply of different things so you can tweek out most of the weak points. If your interested in racing the Jato, let me know, I can give you some tips that really seem to make it shine on a oval or just offroad track. Changing the motor out would be the most expensive thing involved that I highly recommend. The most time consuming mod is moving your tank, throttle servo, and reciever back closer to the motor, but really starts to bring the Jato into the GT2, and Losi area. Their are alot of other smaller things you should do to be a true competitor, but those are the two biggest things. Let me know if your interested
Old 05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: Mspeed

I have 2 Jato's basher and a racer. Is the Jato raceable, yes. Is the Jato ROAR legal in the stadium truck class, no. Is the Jato a worthy compeditor vs the GT2 and XXX-NT's, not until you do some extensive modifictations. Is it worth doing the modifications, up to you.

The Jato has always had a reputation of being the underdog at the track; however, I like the idea of going to a track and surprising everyone with my Jato. If you know what is holding the Jato back to be a true competitor at the top level, you can mod it to get it very close to being just as good. I like the Jato also cause its hard for me to get board of all the speed and its got very flexiable gearing for different motors, tires, and set ups. The revo gearing and T-maxx gearing all work on it. The aftermarket has a good supply of different things so you can tweek out most of the weak points. If your interested in racing the Jato, let me know, I can give you some tips that really seem to make it shine on a oval or just offroad track. Changing the motor out would be the most expensive thing involved that I highly recommend. The most time consuming mod is moving your tank, throttle servo, and reciever back closer to the motor, but really starts to bring the Jato into the GT2, and Losi area. Their are alot of other smaller things you should do to be a true competitor, but those are the two biggest things. Let me know if your interested

i really wanna see your race jato.
pics???
Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Nucci20

ORIGINAL: Mspeed

Hey, Im new to the dirt racing community of rc's but have been around racing my whole life. We have built a small dirt oval with a slight banking and pretty sharp turns with straight aways that around prob 50 feet long. Iwas curious what would be the best adjustments to do to my Jato such as tires, shocks, springs, adding weights in certain places for ballast and other things as well. Its pretty much a stock jato. All i have done to it is the resenator exhaust pipe. Any advice would be greatly appricated.

Thank You!