Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need engine or new truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:44 PM
freestylingford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need engine or new truck

Hey guys I just dropped a bunch of aluminum parts bulkheads arms bumpers shock tower and steel cvds in my tmaxx with a 3.3 Its really slow now and it stripped the spur gear trying to pull its self and the clutch is slipping. I am not to impressed with it so I was thinking bigger motor or sell this one for about the same as what I could het a new 3.3 for because people buy these aluminum trucks on ebay a lot. As long as they are priced around the 400 dollar mark they sell. And just get a hpi 5.9 or a mgt 8.0 and be done with it. What would some of you guys do? Should I sell the arms on ebay and maybe put rpms on it? But it would still be heavy because everything else is aluminum and I don't think without weighing them that it would lighten it up that much with just an arm swap.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:46 PM
[email protected]

Default RE: Need engine or new truck

i would get a picco but sounds just like your clutch is gone cuz i have seen supermaxx's run good with a 3.3 and there all aluminum.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:54 PM
freestylingford

yea your probably right its my clutch I just got disgusted to fast and the heat off my clutch melted my teeth I've got a spur on the way and another clutch in my box. But I was already used to brushless and the maxx with a 3.3 was plenty fast and still good for big areas but now its just heavy and slows it down from what it was and I am dissatisfied and feel like a chump for making it heavy but I really didn't expect the weight to be that much more.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
[email protected]

well to tell you the truth it shouldn't weigh more than like 15 pounds tops maybe 17.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:01 PM
twomanytoys

Aluminum is a huge waste of money. The only part that should be aluminum is your bulkheads. RPM should be everywhere else.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:30 PM
ridgewalker

I have an all aluminum new era T-maxx that i just finished building and i have a brand new 3.3 in it too.This truck is lighter than my bone stock revo 3.3 and it is just as fast.I have only run 8 tanks through it so i haven't really hammered on it but i did take it up to top speed and my wife was driving the revo and they were tied for top speed.

When i had this truck as an e-maxx it was very heavy after i added all the alum.,but now as a t-maxx it is pretty light.I will get an exact weight on it and if you want to keep track of it see my thread "Building a t-maxx..." http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7497068/tm.htm
Old 05-18-2008, 07:36 PM
freestylingford

Look I don't care to waste money if thats what you want to call it it wasn't a waste to me and all I am saying is that it is heavier with it being all aluminum compared to it being all plastic. But I agree with the first poster that its my clutch and I am going to gear down just a hair too.

Would anyone be willing to give me the links to all the metal tranny parts that I will need including bearings new clutch shoes for inside the transmission and anything esle i will need plus a better clutch setup for it besides the factory setup. Or what do most of you guys that have had your tmaxx for a while and have spent the money on it have you guys done the all steel transmission. Will some mulcher tires do me any justice by lightening the rotating mass?

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 PM
freestylingford

ORIGINAL: ridgewalker

I have an all aluminum new era T-maxx that i just finished building and i have a brand new 3.3 in it too.This truck is lighter than my bone stock revo 3.3 and it is just as fast.I have only run 8 tanks through it so i haven't really hammered on it but i did take it up to top speed and my wife was driving the revo and they were tied for top speed.

When i had this truck as an e-maxx it was very heavy after i added all the alum.,but now as a t-maxx it is pretty light.I will get an exact weight on it and if you want to keep track of it see my thread "Building a t-maxx..." http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7497068/tm.htm

I have been looking at your thread your setup is sharp too I like it.

I'll post some pics of mine too.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:07 PM
freestylingford

Here is mine.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:20 PM
jdiamond

Yeah, there has to be something else, the amount of aluminum isn't going to be *that* much of a weight increase, and certainly not to the point of causing your gears to strip.