Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

How to Destroy a T-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:40 PM
easyrabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Destroy a T-Maxx

I dont know what I was thinking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_EEtOVhXo

Old 05-26-2008, 09:57 PM
beer=food
Banned

Default RE: How to Destroy a T-Maxx

LOL another chassis split at the front end by the looks of it ! LOL T-Maxx just LOL !
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you just extended your chassis for free Just like some of us have figured out, it doesnt take much effort at all to eff up a T-maxx. You were thinking properly, just not driving the right truck
Old 05-26-2008, 10:03 PM
matts6887

Well from the looks of it...u must have always wanted a "turnable and bendable front end....now ya got one!!! LOL!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:14 PM
sloppyG

I don't know what you were thinking running that thing there

if my car was in that parking lot I would have had some words to say to you

seems like it'd be easy to hit a real car with your RC
Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 AM
leroycool1

thats a really bad place to run a rc truck

and that is not a hard thing to do witha t maxx they break easy there
Old 05-27-2008, 04:16 AM
beer=food
Banned

Get drunk the pair of you, watch the vid, the kids loved it, and l bet if one of them drivers came out and reversed over that T-Max they wouldnt pay for it, LOL, drive where ya please, except maybe on golf coarses, hehehe, oops, get chased of see, LOL , hahaha but the sand traps are sooooo much fun !

Any golfers here ? rolf
Old 05-27-2008, 06:03 AM
RCCanuck

jump any truck on pavement like that and it breaks......Savage would have broken shock shafts and bulkheads....Revo would have broken rocker arms and A Arms........LST would have broken diff carriers and chassis braces.....These things are not meant for landing upside down or sideways or while doing the spin of death in the air.......I've driven them all and worked on them as well and I can tell you honestly they all break when abused. Thats the way the manufacturers want it so we can all buy replacement parts for them.....
Old 05-27-2008, 08:30 AM
NitroBobby

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

jump any truck on pavement like that and it breaks......Savage would have broken shock shafts and bulkheads....Revo would have broken rocker arms and A Arms........LST would have broken diff carriers and chassis braces.....These things are not meant for landing upside down or sideways or while doing the spin of death in the air.......I've driven them all and worked on them as well and I can tell you honestly they all break when abused. Thats the way the manufacturers want it so we can all buy replacement parts for them.....
QFT
Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 AM
jdiamond

Man, must be nice for kids these days to have rich parents who buy them 400 dollar toys that they can just abuse like that and destroy :P
Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: matts6887

Well from the looks of it...u must have always wanted a "turnable and bendable front end....now ya got one!!! LOL!!!!

I think I change my mind in the air... not good...

Believe it or not it is only costing me a few bucks to fix. The bulk head, bottome skid just kind of ripped off seems to be the only real damage. I now know why people make some of that area metal. So far the T-Maxx has handled quite a bit of abuse since I got it. That landing that killed it was the 2nd or 3rd just like it. I kept freakin blowing it. We whould have turned everything 90 degrees and made the sand our landing, duh! The only thing that gets me with both the T-maxx and Revo is keeping the tune. I seem to have trouble with that engine more than others. I know the temp has been going crazy but still... Anyway I have been impressed with the truck so far, much much much better than the MGT 3... man that thing cant take any abuse.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

I don't know what you were thinking running that thing there

if my car was in that parking lot I would have had some words to say to you

seems like it'd be easy to hit a real car with your RC
Oh man that would have been entertaining.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: jdiamond

Man, must be nice for kids these days to have rich parents who buy them 400 dollar toys that they can just abuse like that and destroy :P
You assume to much.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:17 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

Replacement parts cost to fix, $15.00. I agree 100%. It was stupid as hell I wont deny it. Funny thing is, if I just turned the ramp 90 degrees I would have been landing on sand LOL... I have not met an RC car a couldnt fix, I'm not worried about it at all, stock parts are cheap... sometimes you just gotta get crazy. People act like I just destroyed the thing. It broke, I fix, no problem LOL.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Get drunk the pair of you, watch the vid, the kids loved it, and l bet if one of them drivers came out and reversed over that T-Max they wouldnt pay for it, LOL,

yeah, and if this kid cartwheeled his tmaxx into a $60,000 car I'm sure he'd stick around and pay for the damages....

I would imagine a cartwheeling 10 lb tmaxx going at 35 mph could easily make a nice dent in a car, which is exactly why nobody should run anywhere like that

go find an empty section of parking lot

Old 05-27-2008, 09:58 AM
NitroBobby

these types of threads always turn into a polarizing topic. it looked like fun to me. we all agree that it's not a good place to run the truck, "kids don't try this at home".

now, back to the matter at hand...yep. that's a good way to destroy a t-maxx. personally, i'm looking forward to his next video. hopefully showing more carnage that i wouldn't do to my maxx but have always been curious to see.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Get drunk the pair of you, watch the vid, the kids loved it, and l bet if one of them drivers came out and reversed over that T-Max they wouldnt pay for it, LOL,

yeah, and if this kid cartwheeled his tmaxx into a $60,000 car I'm sure he'd stick around and pay for the damages....

I would imagine a cartwheeling 10 lb tmaxx going at 35 mph could easily make a nice dent in a car, which is exactly why nobody should run anywhere like that

go find an empty section of parking lot

It was empty when we got there and most of those cars were from our group anyway. If you were there you would see there was plenty of room. In LA you ride where you can... besides thats OUR beach hahahaha... They want to park their expensive piece of crap next to us then that is their problem. The parking lot is huge! And that other dude is right, not one of those guys would pay for our car if they ran it over.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
skootmaxx

aslong as u have fun bashing keep on doing it no one else has to deal with ur mistakes but u . I bash my truck on cement and expect damage. Keep your Head up and don let anyone get u down
Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 AM
jdiamond

ORIGINAL: easyrabbit

You assume to much.
Maybe you're right. If you bought it yourself, more power to you
Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM
easyrabbit

You assume to much.
Maybe you're right. If you bought it yourself, more power to you

No one has ever given me anything. I ride on my own or I dont ride.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:57 AM
matts6887

While one might think these are just "toys"....they are more than toys....they are the real deal in terms of hobby grade r/c vehicles...
Old 05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: matts6887

While one might think these are just "toys"....they are more than toys....they are the real deal in terms of hobby grade r/c vehicles...
That is for sure. People think they are just going to buy the truck and go and its going to last forever, then when it breaks it sits in a closet. While at the beac these kids brought over a couple CEN's that they had and both looked like they were dunked in a bucke of salt water than sat in the trunk of a car of 6 months. They wanted me to try an start the damn thing LOL...

Anyway if you ever hear me say toy it was a mistake or a joke or something. These are the last thing from toys. Even the electric ones. This kid I know wants to go to electric only like it is the holy grail and he will never have to work on the damn car. I spend more time working on them than running them LOL.

I cant believe how fast I am going to fix this T-Maxx LOL... almost done now....
Old 05-27-2008, 12:32 PM
sloppyG

yeah, be careful out there though, in LA you have to be extra careful that a drunken lindsay lohan or paris hilton doesn't run over your tmaxx!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:38 PM
sloppyG

And that other dude is right, not one of those guys would pay for our car if they ran it over.

well I hope that if you crash your RC into a real car that you have the honesty to take care of that unfortunate event

you can do a heck of a lot more dollars worth of damage to a real car by hitting it with a RC than you can do to an RC by running it over with a real car

I'd hope if you rammed into a Porsche/Lexus/any car you'd not be one to pack up and run off
Old 05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
easyrabbit

And that other dude is right, not one of those guys would pay for our car if they ran it over.

well I hope that if you crash your RC into a real car that you have the honesty to take care of that unfortunate event

you can do a heck of a lot more dollars worth of damage to a real car by hitting it with a RC than you can do to an RC by running it over with a real car

I'd hope if you rammed into a Porsche/Lexus/any car you'd not be one to pack up and run off
I take care of my business, that is a given. Like I said, we owned that whole section of the parking lot. They were all at our bonfire... Some were bangers as well, we had lik 40 people there... I doubt anyone would have said anything to me with all those bald head, tattooed Mexican dudes LOL... Anyway, like I said as well, it is a huge parking lot and we were the first ones there AND it was almost empty. If someone wants to park their Lexus right next to us then that person is just asking for trouble and it most likely would not have come from one of my cars LMAO... ***** at the most I would have hit one of the banger's cars and they would want to kick my azz LMAO

You know, I did not hit anything, car, dog, human, bird.... nothing... everything went fine.... enjoy the death of the T-Maxx and relax holms....

OH, and one more thing... the cops drove by all day and just laughed and watched us... Did not give us any trouble and THAT is a huge suprise in LA, in that area...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.