Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

2.5 trx to a 3.3 what about the drivetrain??!!??

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2.5 trx to a 3.3 what about the drivetrain??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
06cbrboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 trx to a 3.3 what about the drivetrain??!!??

I am new to the tmaxx trucks years ago when i was younger i had a sportmaxx. I just recently got a beat up tmaxx for 100 bucks. I was wondering what i needed to do to make it reliable after i put the 3.3 in. Tell me if im wrong but dont i just need a 2.5r-3.3 mount upgrade kit to get the 3.3 to fit. Do i need the 3.3 tranny, revo spec center drive shaft, sealed diffs, sealed pivot ball suspension. Thanks any ideas would be awsome. If the 2.5r would be way cheaper to make reliable let me know!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
jayrguidaben

Default RE: 2.5 trx to a 3.3 what about the drivetrain??!!??

get the 3.3 rather than the 2.5r you dont need a mount or a kit to fit 3.3. and you dont need 3.3 tranny. 3.3 is direct drop in on a 2.5 unless you have the .15 version then you need a kit for that
Old 05-30-2008, 03:30 PM
beer=food
Banned

Well the shafts/axles are all the same, across the traxxas revo-tmax range, so buying new ones is a waste of time, buy metal shafts/axles for it, but, dont do that until the plastic ones bust !
Old 05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
skootmaxx

When I put my 3.3 in I didnt have to change anything at all . I used everything from the 2.5 I had and it bolted right in. My suggestion is if u are going to bash this truck get rpm arms and alum bulkheads. Also get a wheelie bar because the 3.3 is a monster in the 2.5 chassis . Power from the 3.3 is awesome broken bulkheads will piss u off
Old 05-30-2008, 04:10 PM
RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Well the shafts/axles are all the same, across the traxxas revo-tmax range, so buying new ones is a waste of time, buy metal shafts/axles for it, but, dont do that until the plastic ones bust !
they are not the same dude....the Revo 2.5R and the Tmaxx 3.3 shafts are beefier and have dust boots. The 2.5 Tmaxx shafts are alot smaller and more prone to breakage.

To answer the question...You don't need anything other than the engine,,,,the clutchs are the same and the engine mount is the same I believe......as long as your diffs are shimmed and your slipper clutch is set right all is good.