Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 PM
futureboy1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo supercharger

I forgot to tell you guys, when i was practising at the track on Sat. there was a guy there with a revo w/ a supercharger on his 3.3. He said he loves it. But my revo smoked him w/my stock 3.3. He was running to rich. Plus he had like everything aluminum. Oh did say I smoked him. lol
Old 06-08-2008, 09:05 PM
JB COMP

Default RE: revo supercharger

Did you ask him if it was worth the $175 or so it cost him? He could of had a sirio 23 from Amain for that much.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:07 PM
danielgm55

thats funny because i jus bought ALL aluminum parts for my plat revo..lucky for me not all of the parts would fit..lol...but then again i dont race, so i guess it would've been cool. Congrads on ya race
Old 06-08-2008, 09:08 PM
futureboy1969

Thats what I'm talking about.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
futureboy1969

I forgot to tell ya, he was just bashen not racen.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 PM
danielgm55

did u change anything on ur revo..ie gears or tires..for better performance
Old 06-08-2008, 09:35 PM
futureboy1969

all rpm supen.( the new truggy arm kit for the back), 14 mm hubs, Proline Bad Lands & rims, wing, FOC, front aluminum Push rods, I still need a couple more things. But I race for fun. 50k lube in the diffs. I think that it
Old 06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
beer=food
Banned

LOL !

l still gettin one !

LOLOL !
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 AM
systemlord

There are other ways of getting more power from your monster trucks then buying a supercharger! It would be intelligent to spend your hard earned money on a bigger faster engines from RB, OS, Sirio and SO many others out there. Spend your money on something that will give you a BIGGER power boost, or just buy the supercharger if you like the looks and want the bragging rights.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:31 PM
beer=food
Banned

Erm well no, what bragging rights, for an inefficient device, eh ?
There a novelty, lm an ex diesel mechanic, l love turbo's, the very sound of them or superchargers, which are very similar, is, well, eye watering, they do work, and the effectiveness depends on your set up, on some set ups these superchargers boost enough to give you instant wheelies, thats a reasonable gain, there is no argument that a better engine cheaper would have been the way to go, no argument, its not in question, or l would just buy a 1/5 onroad racing gas racer and pwn, but thats not the point is it ?
It would be interesting, just for the sake of knowing first hand, what superchargers on these little nitro engines can really do, have you ever seen a test done on a leaky engine, inside the nitro engine is a low pressure area, because its always sucking air/fuel, lets pressureise it, the results might suprise some. Or have you wondered if one could bring a worn dead engine back to life ?
l know l know, not much point, unless your stuck in a shed on a rainy day with fAll to do ! But interesting to say the lest, bring on the '' it''ll do this and it''ll do thats, we'll see who is closest !
The superchargers come with modifiable rotor blades, ranging from 30% gain to 50% gain, what will the effect of the two difference blades be under the same conditions, what happens if you RAM feed a supercharger, will it hold a better tune ?
What happens if you line two brand new kyosho inferno's up, run-in and tuned up good, standard machines, one with the supercharger and one without, what happens, because from reading many reviews on this thing it does produce more boost than it weighs, according to e=mc² anyways, so what happens ?

Its a novelty mate, nothing more, l dont race, and l bought a 9 grand jet, l might use it as a bomb if it all goes afubar and drop it from a plane, maybe me spitfire !
l designed a new torpedo for remote boats, re-useable with just a gas bottle from the old soda stream set up, screams along just under surface of water, when it hits balsa wood hull, it puts a 1 inch hole in it, like a battering ram, the nose cone has a point at rear, on impact it pierces the soda stream bottle, forcing the cone of the torpedo, which is on a guide, farward, fast, through the hull !All previous designs people had the soda stream bottle pressure used to blast ball bearings out thje front of torpedo, wasting energy, the bearings had to go through the balsa wood cone before they even hit the hull, alot of wasted energy, and not re-usable, my design unscrews, fit new gas bottle, check batteries, screw together ready to go !
l did that as a novelty as well, and its a better design than most of the ''commersial'' toy torpedos, but it was fun !
l recon we'll see that design become pretty common in the next few years.

You know l wanted to make Zuni rockets at one stage for my chopper, illegal l know, but l was on a massive farm at the time, anyways l used fireworks to do it, the 250 dollar chopper was destroyed in an instant in the test fire, LOL, it only had 3 barrels, on each wing, only one barrel fired on the test but, LOL, it alone totalled the chopper, hahaha, yea it was a bad bad bad idea, dont recomend it at all, the energy, was just to much to fast for such a light machine, l only wish l owned a camera back then, as scarry as that was, what a memory. l had to recover the chopper with 4 live fire cracker zuni rockets still live, and it was smouldering at the time !l would have had 9 on each wing but it wouldnt lift off the ground LOL ! My biggest problem was rocket ignition, in the end l used, [ maybe l shouldnt say this ! ] and electronic flame throwing blast lighter, hooked up to a servo, it could only do 1 at a time, but l only ever had one test anyways, and that ended the whole venture, imagine if it had not, now l would have GUIDED ZUNI MISSILES ! LOLOLOL ! hahaha not l'd be in jail !
Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
systemlord

How did we go from superchargers to a 9 grand jet, torpedo for remote boats, rockets and electronic flame throwing blast lighter?[sm=75_75.gif]
Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Erm well no, what bragging rights, for an inefficient device, eh ?
There a novelty, lm an ex diesel mechanic, l love turbo's, the very sound of them or superchargers, which are very similar, is, well, eye watering, they do work, and the effectiveness depends on your set up, on some set ups these superchargers boost enough to give you instant wheelies, thats a reasonable gain, there is no argument that a better engine cheaper would have been the way to go, no argument, its not in question, or l would just buy a 1/5 onroad racing gas racer and pwn, but thats not the point is it ?
It would be interesting, just for the sake of knowing first hand, what superchargers on these little nitro engines can really do, have you ever seen a test done on a leaky engine, inside the nitro engine is a low pressure area, because its always sucking air/fuel, lets pressureise it, the results might suprise some. Or have you wondered if one could bring a worn dead engine back to life ?
l know l know, not much point, unless your stuck in a shed on a rainy day with fAll to do ! But interesting to say the lest, bring on the '' it''ll do this and it''ll do thats, we'll see who is closest !
The superchargers come with modifiable rotor blades, ranging from 30% gain to 50% gain, what will the effect of the two difference blades be under the same conditions, what happens if you RAM feed a supercharger, will it hold a better tune ?
What happens if you line two brand new kyosho inferno's up, run-in and tuned up good, standard machines, one with the supercharger and one without, what happens, because from reading many reviews on this thing it does produce more boost than it weighs, according to e=mc² anyways, so what happens ?

Its a novelty mate, nothing more, l dont race...
Well, that is your $150+ USD to give to RB Innovations. But stop trying to convince everyone else to buy it when you have not even tried it yourself. I have first hand experience with this so when I recommend against it, I speak from messing with one. Until you have actually experienced the blessings or woes of this novelty, making claims that 30% to 50% is really unfounded. These are not the big 4stroke diesels or even the valved drawthrough scavenging 2stroke diesels.

As for that low pressure in the crankcase, that volume actually cycles between high and low pressure, it is not always low pressure all the time. Yes, the boost of a proper supercharger (I doubt the RB Innovations one can even make any significant boost anyways) will pack more fuel-air into the volume, and that increase fuel-air charge will rush into the cylinder once the intakes open, but you have not addressed what happens when the instant the intakes close but the exhaust port is still open. The incrueased fuel-air density will seek equilibruim pressure with that of the pipe chamber, so whatever increased fuel-air that has rushed into the cylinder will simply pass out the exhaust port until the pressure in the pipe and the cylinder is near equal. The return pulse? The increased pressure in the cylinder will simply overpower it and still come out into the pipe, taking some of the fresh fuel-air charge with it.

As for E=mc^2, according to physics, our RCs and the chemcal bonds of the fuel breaking as it reacts with air is not the best means to describe thie energy. E=mc^2, though you can use it by reinstalling the devisor term in front of "m", it is really best for describing objects and particles moving at the speed of light (the value of "c" in this equation).
Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Soppy

ORIGINAL: systemlord

How did we go from superchargers to a 9 grand jet, torpedo for remote boats, rockets and electronic flame throwing blast lighter?[sm=75_75.gif]
The short answer: He's drunk...[X(]
Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: Soppy

Well hes just standing up your is username[&:]
Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Soppy

ORIGINAL: racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: Soppy

Well hes just standing up your is username[&:]
What???
Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 PM
racemaxx24

Holy crap. Maybe i'm drunk[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]. JK JK. I type faster than I think. I met he's just standing up for his username
Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Soppy

Ok, I kinda thought thats what you were getting at lol
Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
racemaxx24

Old 06-09-2008, 10:24 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I said this in another thread someone started about nitro engine superchargers, and this is basically how I feel: imo; I think they are a waste of money because they either require u to run too rich or too lean on the needles. And also because I think from the sounds of things, they add too much weight to the truck to make it worth the expense, time and energy to bother putting one on...Thats pretty much the gist of what I am trying to get at, but I think u know where I am headed with this one...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: matts6887

Well I said this in another thread someone started about nitro engine superchargers, and this is basically how I feel: imo; I think they are a waste of money because they either require u to run too rich or too lean on the needles. And also because I think from the sounds of things, they add too much weight to the truck to make it worth the expense, time and energy to bother putting one on...Thats pretty much the gist of what I am trying to get at, but I think u know where I am headed with this one...
I agree completly. Plus, I would probably finf some way to rip the thing of in a rollover which means the head would be junk, the engine would probably be junk because it sucked in so much dirt, and the 175.00 supercharger will be laying who knows where. Not my kind of hop-up[&:]
Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 PM
jdiamond

Seems to me they are more for show than anything. Would definitely be much better to go for an engine upgrade instead.

Gotta wonder about RB's nitrous oxide system though...anybody ever used one of those? Not that I think it's something I'd ever get, just curious if they really work.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:04 AM
beer=food
Banned

Yall drunk !
Old 06-10-2008, 01:46 AM
systemlord

You want more power, then stick two powerful rockets to your truck body and let her rip, "rest in pieces". [sm=lol.gif] For the record I can't even find my computer when I'm drunk.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:16 PM
beer=food
Banned

Now its gettin dear !
What about this idea !
From another thread, gave me the idea to make a video camera mount again, aint done it for about 10 years, so l need a new CD player from a car ! LOL !
Mount camera just behind supercharger, which lve ordered, so it has a nice sound feed, LOL , yea yea whatever supercharger wont this wont that, wont fart either but anyways, mine will still sound WIKID, better than ALL yours , hahaha !

l didnt see your reply yesterday savagejim, l missed it somehow, anyways, settle pettle no need to get all uptight in the panties, yea yea e=mc yea lve studied that to, but mr you missed the point being made, and e=mc has relivence anywhere if used correctly, and its the only law we have, so suggest one l should have used over it? hahaha whatever.....The supercharger creates enough energy to make it a gain, not a loss, the energy required to do this [fuel] is where your argument wins, not inside the superchargers fan chamber, where fuel is given more energy as its blasted through a system, its irrelivant if some or even ALOT of fuel is wasted and blown through the system, it creates enough power from the given energy provided to be an overall gain to the cars weight, inefficiency is irrelivant at this stage, THAT WAS MY POINT ! LOL ! Anyways all pretty funny especially when you say your talking from fiddling with one, well l'll find out soon enough how honest you are, and considering you commented that, quote ''supercharger (I doubt the RB Innovations one can even make any significant boost anyways) will '', SO what are you on about ? Was your fiddly one not an RB, if not what a nerve you have to tell others there crap out of fiddling with one, when you have not, l ask you savagejim, is an OS engine the same as a traxxas engine in quallity ?

Anyways, all pretty funny, have you considered savyjimbo, that you cant tune for crap, hahahaha, joking ya cheeky mug, before ya get all touchy, LOL , my bad !
l aint answering the rest of your post its just to bitter bud.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: beer=food

The energy required to do this is where your argument wins.
Is that what you think this is an argument? This is a discussion on how little gain a supercharger really has on a two stroke nitro engine, but you knew that right? SAVAGEJIM has laid everything on the table for everyone to see and yet you dismiss it like it was yesterdays old mail. (1) beer=food has never laid his hands on a supercharger let aloan used one on any RC controlled anything, and yet you dismiss SAVAGEJIM who has had one? What an utter waist of time it is trying to open your eyes to something you clearly know nothing about, but claim to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.