Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo chop shop!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:37 AM
wayfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo chop shop!

has any one bought parts from what i like to call "the revo chop shop" ( i cant say his name on the form) on Ebay? it seams like every time i see a nice revo for sale he wins it and all the parts are back on ebay for sale like a week latter. it is kinda upsetting because i have been out bid buy him buy like a buck on a nice revo that i would have really enjoyed owning. now its in the revo chop shop getting parted out. i just want to know how many of you guys buy parts from him. i my self have bought a few in the past. he has realy good deals but i think that these poor revos need better homes rather than getting parted out. does any one else feel my pain?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:53 AM
iamnot

Default RE: revo chop shop!

nope, sorry

i think the guys that do the chop shop thing
do a service to the hobby as a whole
they buy rc's from people who need/want to sell
then they turn around and sell expensive parts for much better prices than retail

if he keeps winning auctions over you
then he obviously believes that they are
worth more as parts than you believe they are as a whole

those guys put a lot of time, money and effort into their business
and if you're losing by a dollar or two every time then
you need to change one of three things
either learn to snipe better
get better bidding software
or increase the amount you are willing to spend to get one of those rc's
Old 06-12-2008, 08:49 AM
JB COMP

If you're talking about rcwaffle, then yeah I know who you're talking about, or there's another guy that does the same thing.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 AM
racemaxx24

Thats who I got my Revo stuff from. If it wasn't for him selling the stuff at such good prices, I wouldn't have it
Old 06-12-2008, 09:18 AM
wayfast

i am not saying that it is a bad thing. alltough it can be at times. there are items that i see go for twice the amount that they cost new sometimes. i think this is the person that is biding on the items fault some of the time. but at the same time i think that some one that is looking to get in to the hobby is bidding and gets shut out, it sucks for them. but that is the beauty of ebay I suppose. I got to give him props though, he must be doing good at it because he has a lot of sales and he always has tons of parts for sale. I just am looking to see how many people on rcu benefit from this preson and to maybe hear some testimonials of people that have bought things from him and if they are good or bad. I have heard mixed revues Across the board. I myself have had good and bad from the this individual. So lets do this, is this a good thing for our hobby or a bad thing. Is he chopping up trucks that could go to good use or is he providing a service to the hobby? I think a little of both.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
ENZO7
Banned

ORIGINAL: racemaxx24

Thats who I got my Revo stuff from. If it wasn't for him selling the stuff at such good prices, I wouldn't have it
Where is his store? I looked for it and could not find it, Link PLease

Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 01:14 PM
wayfast

he is a seller on bay i will pm you.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM
dewberryb

Who cares if the guy is parting out RCs on Ebay. There are people that part out new REVOs on ebay. If wasnt for those guys I would have to pay twice as much for some of the parts I need sometimes. I think it is cool sticking it to the man offering cheap parts!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

Yeah, it can be extremely frustrating losing a good deal to someone whose only interest is to turn a profit. Just don't give up and be patient. Then when you need parts for it, you know where to go for cheap.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:54 PM
JB COMP

There's one guy that buys a brand new V-spec then parts it out and makes about $50 from it.

I've seen people part out brand new truggy kits, MT kits, engines, and all that stuff.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:22 PM
racemaxx24

http://toys.search.ebay.com/_Radio-C...QsassZrcwaffle
Old 06-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Thunderbird93

The best way to win on ebay is to sit and wait until about 5 secs. before the bidding ends and bid. I've lost a bunch of items either while I was at work, or what's even more frustrating is when you hit the "refresh" button and at 5 secs. or less seeing that you've been outbid. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of people selling brand new parts. I just won a Revo big block mount from him for $20 and the entire Revo throttle linkage for a whopping 99 cents from someone else. If you really want something I would wait until the bid is about to end, then bid on it.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:53 PM
DaveG55

That's called sniping, waiting to the lst second to bid. I've won lots of stuff that way. But there are also programs out that moniter auctions and will bid for you up to your preset limit. There is also auction sniping software that will automatically snipe for you. If you want something, rc or whatever, you can win it.
And for everyone complaining about the chop shop guys winning all the auctions, consider this. There are tons of rcs for sale and we all know that used rcs seldom sell for what they are worth. The chop shops are about the only thing that keeps their prices as high as they are. When I go to sell an rc I want the most that I can get for it, if a chop shop is the one that gives me the most money then I'm happy to let them buy it. That's how I see it anyway.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:59 PM
cmerritt

ya i agree. these guys sell the items at great prices. i just won 8 UE supershocks and a set of knucklehead shock towers for my maxx 2.5. a 4 pack of the supershocks retail for $89. the shock towers are $48 a set. so that's retail $236! i just won all of that for $112
Old 06-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Thunderbird93

DaveG55 is that software free?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
bigbama1962

use ebay countdown new to ebay
Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
cat_on_a_cob

You seam to be complaining more about your ebay skill's than the guys doing great favours to everyone buying rc parts on ebay.

If you want to win on ebay just keep clicking that time reset button until there is 20 seconds left, go ahead and click ok etc put then you have to confirm your bid, press ok again (while counting down in your head) you will then have to re-type your password and then your bid is in. It usually takes about 15 seconds to do this. And if you didnt get it for your max price then oh wel, its not like you woulda gone higher