Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5
3.13%
Traxxas T- Maxx 3.3
26.56%
Traxxas Revo 2.5
0%
Traxxas Revo 3.3
32.81%
HPI savage X
23.44%
HPI savage 25
1.56%
Othher Monster Trucks
12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

What truck for bashing and wheelies??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:27 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What truck for bashing and wheelies??????

Another one for Savage XL... Next pick is Revo. Both are great, but serve different purposes.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:31 PM
beer=food
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the T-Maxx is rubbish.
They are junk, they snap at the front end and l have no faith in the new chassis version because instead of re-designing that, very poorly designed front section of the chassis, all they have done is thicken it, its still of POOR design, so now it takes an extra 10klm/h to rip the front end off, woopy f doodar, its junk, and a T-Maxx will never ever ever outhandle a revo, never outbash a revo, never jump anywhere near as good as a revo, NEVER look as good as a revo, and the T-Maxx just stinks, and the earlier versions have earnt them this reputation, so anyone who hate's hearing the ''T=Maxxx are craps'' line can get over it, and so can traxxas until its designed properly, wanna argue, lets compaire it to a savage and a revo chassis, no contest.
Anyone ever ripped there front end off on there savage with a torn front chassis plate ?
What about a revo, guys ?
And the T-Maxx ? LOL ! lm one......anyone want 2nd claim ! theres heaps......hell theres even footage of it on u-tube ! And the 1 on u-tube busted at way lower speed than mine on a fence, baahahaha, junkaziods, maybe l'll link it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpCUi...eature=related

thats what they look like afterwards .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kwn...eature=related

Watch his speed it aint that great.......

Anyways the T-Maxx gets the rep it deserves........
Old 06-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Mspeed

I have a Savage X and a Revo 3.3.

List of problems I had with the Savage= My philphs screws fell out until I locktite them all. I upgraded the steering servo to steer the truck properly, still had to upgrade or modify my servo saver to get rid of the slop in the steering or it still wouldnt steer correctly. The brakes would not work even after I upgraded to the hpi dual disc brakes. Had to upgrade the servo and do some work on the linkage to get it to work for a while. Never got it working for long periods of time. Slipper clutch was ok with a slower stock motor, but as soon as I put my .32 in it the slipper would either be too loose and overheat and melt the plastic and bushing it rides on or just have to run it so tight it wouldnt do its job. I learned most guys just crank it down tight and call it a day. Then all the wear and tear on the drive shalfs and dog bones that connect to the wheels. Even after upgrading them all to the HPi's higher end ones, they would wear out at a rapid rate. I hear most guys are starting to put the XL ones in to help slow some of the wear down. Locktited all the wheels after one fell off. Kept busting the engine plate under just the power of the .32 axial motor. Any jumps that landed on the roof would bust that plate right away. Tried a roll hoop and just bent that down and broke another. Most guys are using some aftermarket ones I hear. I hear its a fail safe so you dont bust the motor too. The plastic exhaust eventaully melted were it connects to the coupler.

I have the older savage x before they upgraded to the 4.6, and it was great with that slower motor. Really didnt wear or break much in stock form. After I upgraded to the .32 it seemed it was too much for the truck. I dont drive my savage anymore, but if I were to fix the engine plate problem it wouldnt be too bad. I do not like the idea of having a none operational slipper in a 13 pound truck though. Not only was I eating driveline parts but I broke a tooth off of a diff bevel gear one time. That heavy truck really need some serious brakes to keep them from fading out after a few gallons. Not sure what most of the savage guys are doing after they upgrade the servo and brakes and linkage? The truck seems to be way over built and when you look at it you will see it looks tough. I am sure it would be hard to break anything in the middle of the chassis due to all the extra strength. With all the mass and weight it carries around it probably needs to be extra tough. So many people told me the savage was the better basher and the revo was only good for racing. I just wanted to let everyone know the savage has its problems too. Go search the hpi monster truck form and read up on the problems. The very first line is a sticky saying you have to do prep work before you run it. I am sure if the traxxas forum had a sticky the hpi guys would laugh and make fun of it. I think some of the older traxxas products gave them a bad name with some of the guys.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:11 PM
jdiamond

Yeah, truth is, all trucks have their various problems. You bash any of them hard enough, they are going to break.

And Beer=food needs to take a valium or something. Mention the word tmaxx and he goes off on an unhinged rant every time
Old 06-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Mspeed

Beer says it like it is though heh. He doesnt waste time, he gets to the point lol.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
rcnitrohead

Beer, I've had the same thing happen to my T-maxx. I hit a curb well under 10mph at an angle and my chassis snapped right off at the mount point with the front bulks. If you call turning the plastics another color and beefing up the bullkheads by .5mm "redesigning", then you are snorting too much... I'm not saying the T-maxx is crap, but I advise EVERYONE who buys it that it probably WILL most likely turn into a money pit. Unlike you guys, I'm not saying Savage is the best, crying wah wah wah, I'm telling it like it is. You keep saying that I am hating on the T-maxx, I have owned it for 5 years and know what its weak points are. Now you tell me the 3.3 is significantly better? Take a good hard look, there are tons of them at my LHS waiting to be repaired, trust me I've seen my fair share of their upgraded "design"... Nuff said, if you still dont get it, then I guess there is no way of making my point across. Tom.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
matts6887

Well the tmaxx is one thing...i wouldn't go near the tmaxx myself(and again this is just me) because of all the bad, negative things Ive heard about it....unless by some chance they did correct some of the problems at hand....then just maybe I would think about it(IF I had the money for one that is, which I don't right now)...but if I did have the $ for it, then I would at least consider it, given all the good and bad things about it.....
Old 06-28-2008, 09:19 PM
NStampede Freak

Haha, every time you guys argue with me, you are just proving my points even more.[>:]I am LMAO at you haters right now!

The new 3.3 maxx uses a 4mm slab of 6061 T6 and super super thick chassis braces to hold the truck together. What this means: No more snapped off front ends. Intergrated servo saver so no more broken savers. FOC is already in the trans so no more stripped gears. Sealed revo diffs. Quit talking BS and take a careful look at the new 3.3 maxx so you actually have valid points to argue with.

Here is some pics from traxxas' site:

Old 06-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Revomad1

A big plus for the Savage is the fact that it comes with a Big Block engine. This means that you have a limitless choice of upgrade engines with ZERO modification required! It also means they have a drivetrain that was designed to handle high horsepower engines. Strap an engine in a Revo or a T-maxx with more power than a TRX 3.3 and it's only a matter of time before some part of the drivetrain fails.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:42 PM
NStampede Freak

Wrong. The 3.3 maxx and revo both can handle BB power without a problem.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Revomad1

Oh OK! So what I have learned from personal experience is wrong? Thanks for clearing that up! I own a Savage X and a Revo 3.3 that had a Picco .26 in it until I sold it (the Picco). I've put 2 gallons of fuel through my Savage and I haven't broken a thing. When I used my Revo for off-road bashing, I had to fix something after every 2 tanks! That is why I have converted it for street use. But you're an expert because you have a 2.5 powered nitro Stampede so I'll step aside and let you give newbies false information, MMMKAY!..... OR NOT! lol
Old 06-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Mspeed

The biggest problem I had with my savage was the lack of a quality slipper clutch. Just kept it locked down to prevent it from slipping and overheating. Wore out the whole metal driveline on a reg. basis, busted a beval gear in the rear diff, broke a pin connecting the center shaft to the rear driveline. Sure the drivetrain is tough, I wouldnt agrue there, but the slipper becomes more important as your trucks weight goes up and the power increases. If the savage had a nice slipper like the revo I might think twice. I dont know if its the plastic traxxas uses in its driveline that helps prevent alot of wear and tear or if its the nice slipper set up, but I found my weakest link to be the top shaft gear and pin in my revo. After running the same big block in my revo that I ran in my savage I upgraded that top shaft gear to steel RR and that was it.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Revomad1

The new Savage X's and XL have a single slipper pad. Did you have the old version with 2? I think that's why they went to a single pad set-up.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:08 PM
rcnitrohead

Guys, you will never beat it through his skull... He is so amazed with his wimpy Pede that he cant stand a negative comment about Traxxas. Once again you did not carefully read my post, I for one am tired of your crap... How about giving some REAL advice, I wouldnt be surprised if you worked for Traxxas
Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Mspeed

I switched over to the single pad, but I am not sure if they fixed their issues with it since I use to run the savage. Mine is back in the old days with the first generation of the x. I have not heard anyone on the Hpi forums saying anything about slipper settings so wasnt under the impression hpi has done much to fix their issues with them. Their drivetrain is tough and can last a while with no slipper settings so most just never worry. I had a lot of time and ran a ton of gallons through my savage so I could really see the effects on the drive train. The slipper really makes a huge difference in the revo. No doubt the revo has a weaker setup but the slipper can be adjusted to prevent so much drivetrain damage.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Revomad1

The Revo slipper is nice, but I pretty much had to lock it down with the Picco in it. The pads were waring out WAY to quickly.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Mspeed

Sounds like the problem I had too. But was on the savage The stock motor they work, but more powerful motors trash them and you just have to lock it down and its all or nothing.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:03 AM
CARL H RC

Well i own a 3.3 revo and a MGT 8.0.

I have to say that the MGT Has blown me away with power and noise. My recomendation would be the MGT 8.0
Old 06-29-2008, 08:23 AM
NStampede Freak

Oh OK! So what I have learned from personal experience is wrong? Thanks for clearing that up! I own a Savage X and a Revo 3.3 that had a Picco .26 in it until I sold it (the Picco). I've put 2 gallons of fuel through my Savage and I haven't broken a thing. When I used my Revo for off-road bashing, I had to fix something after every 2 tanks! That is why I have converted it for street use. But you're an expert because you have a 2.5 powered nitro Stampede so I'll step aside and let you give newbies false information, MMMKAY!..... OR NOT! lol

So noobs should bow down to you traxxas haters and your BS?????? Ok, I am done. If you guys don't like me giving REAL infomation, I will leave. I hate this crap anti-traxxas board anyways. You airheads can go ahead and trash-talk the the new 3.3 t-maxx(In the traxxas fourm, duh where else would bash traxxas) without anyone intrerrpting you.

My 2.5 npede is faster than most MTs on the market. I will admit that most MT's will out-handle it in the turns, but I drive what I like and don't worry what other people think. I have had a couple t-maxxes in the past and they didn't fit my driving style;however, I was more than happy with their durablity.I bashed the living snot out of them too.[8D]

I am done. Bye!

EDIT: BTW, I DO NOT work for traxxas.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
beer=food
Banned

For wheelies get a revo they have a low centre of gravity, no contest for most MT's, the ol revo outhandles em ALL, and jumps better too, way better, if you just want wheelies and bashing also look at savages, the XL l here pops easy wheelies, l dont got one, YET !
Old 06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
JLRevo

I've had my revo since May and I love it. When I was looking for a Truck I researched every r/c forum for people option then I watched youtube videos. Then I check motor availablity and parts and aftermarket parts available at my lhs. I went with the revo and I have no regrets. Its all