Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

best mods to fix rollovers on Smaxx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:51 PM
2k2wranglerx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best mods to fix rollovers on Smaxx?

What are the best mods i can do to help prevent rollovers while turning.

ebay ads claim stiffer springs help. The guy at the LHS said converting to 4x4 can help.

any opinions? Right now i have the rear really stiffened up with those spacers to compensate for the engine/fuel all being back there. any input?
Old 07-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Rob68

Default RE: best mods to fix rollovers on Smaxx?

ORIGINAL: 2k2wranglerx

What are the best mods i can do to help prevent rollovers while turning.

ebay ads claim stiffer springs help. The guy at the LHS said converting to 4x4 can help.

any opinions? Right now i have the rear really stiffened up with those spacers to compensate for the engine/fuel all being back there. any input?
I added 4-wd & the blue stiffer springs to the outer shocks, but the biggest difference that helped the most was moving the shocks to the position that lowers the truck the most.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Thunderbird93

Ditto what Rob68 said about moving the shocks to the position that lowers the truck the most. Mine was still rolling over but not that much, then I bought the 14mm axle extenders and I don't roll over anymore, because not only is it lower but it's wider. I think I paid about $14 for my extenders off ebay.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Rob68

ORIGINAL: Thunderbird93

Ditto what Rob68 said about moving the shocks to the position that lowers the truck the most. Mine was still rolling over but not that much, then I bought the 14mm axle extenders and I don't roll over anymore, because not only is it lower but it's wider. I think I paid about $14 for my extenders off ebay.
Wow-I'll have to check out those axle extenders. A lower center of gravity plus the wider stance is the best solution! That's how racers set em' up.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Thunderbird93

It definitely worked for me once I put those extenders on....
Old 07-13-2008, 02:05 PM
twomanytoys

Off set wheels will make a huge difference. I would not use axle extenders because it puts alot of stress onteh bearings. Lower the truck and get wider offset wheels will make it real stable.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Thunderbird93

I've had my extenders on for 3 years with no problems. But just lower it first to see how it does.