Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

e-slayer? 2wd and 4wd slayer class?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:25 AM
wayfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-slayer? 2wd and 4wd slayer class?

so we all know that all kinds of trucks end up on ebay getting parted out. we saw it happen with almost evey vehicle in traxxas's line up. guys like rcwaffle and nitro ware house are the main ones that come to mind. but the thing i am getting at is this. do you see people buying slayer suspension parts and puting them on the e- revo? or do you think that we will see a E-slayer? i have thought of doing this myself. one thing that i was thinking of doing as well is 2wd? do you think it could work. if you remove the front drive line and run a foc and WA LA ! 2wd corr truck for the spec racer guys. i think it would add a whole new aspect to the slayer. it would be tricky at fist to get it dialed in but i think it would be an interesting class. so you could have a 2wd and a 4wd class. and if these classes were to catch on would you run in one of them.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:49 AM
infernalstone

Default RE: e-slayer? 2wd and 4wd slayer class?

A 2wd E-Slayer. So in other words a Slash? :P

I have no doubt that there will be converted slayers as there are people who will want 4wd. And 2wd conversions as a few people will want that. But doing both is kind of silly when the Slash is just that.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:13 AM
wayfast

yes the slash is 2wd but it does not have the same suspension as the slayer. that is where i see people doing conversions plus ther are way more parts that will fit the slayer/ revo as of right now. i just think it would be a cool class. i would be like the s maxx in a way but based off of the revo. i think that with these new trucks are going to see alot of variations for e-revo/slayer 2wd and 4wd. i know i am going to play with the idea. i am just waiting to be able to buy the slayer parts so that i can try it out. if it dont work then oh well. thats why its a hobby. plus things like that lead to the progression of our hobby
Old 07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
infernalstone

Yes, they're different, but really I think that the Slash would do better than a 2wd E-slayer. The Slash may not have as good of a suspension, but it's better balanced for a 2wd electric. And really I don't think they'd even perform THAT much differently.