Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

t-maxx onboard cooling fan...

has any1 else tryed this....i havent got a chance to test it yet because my maxx is running very poorly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63996.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	1000899   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf13908.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	1000900  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: t-maxx onboard cooling fan...

you know what else makes a bunch of air go over the cooling head? driving it around

I doubt the fan makes much of a difference

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, axe the fan. It'll actually impede airflow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ill just flip it up so its not in the way wile driveing around...but when im not it cools it reeaaally fast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can have done the fan before on a savage, they work incredibly well. If your having some serious trouble keeping your temps down, then just make sure you dont have a airleak, or overgeared. Its actually good to run it up near 250 or so. The only reason I ran it on my savage was for some low speed full throttle messing around with hills and stuff. But, yes the fan works and if you postiion it right it wont get messed up if you wreak. You can dial in the fan speed to get your temps you want for the day, its actually pretty ingenious, but not really a neccesity.
    75% driver/50% set up/-25% vehicle=My kind of race.
    Knowledge is power/knowing what to do with it=win

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll bet it rips through the rx batteries too.
    IMHO, if you're not doing something like crawling or always running in sand or tall grass the downsides probably outweigh the upsides. In normal running you should not need the extra cooling of the fan - assuming there are no mechanical issues like air leaks or over gearing.
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well...i think i do have an air leak....but thats not the reason i riged the fan up....its nice to have longer run time when just messing around jabing the throttle doing weelies....because when your not going fast it doesnt get much airflow

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It works great.
    l have one on my kyosho dodge ram, but it runs off a pully on the bottom end, not batteries, which are heavy, when you pull up to idle after a few hard WOT runs, it makes an amazing difference, especially in SUMMER !
    The fan that funs off the bottom end does not impede air flow at all, because, the belt that drives it is not overly tight and can slip, so when you get it up and screaming, the fan just speeds up as the air flow increases past what the fan can push, so they dont at all help overheat an angine, also the fan design is different to that' electric PC fan type design, on the kyosho designed one there is no protective casing around the fan, its built onto the fan itself , making airflow excellent.l know l should take a pic' for you but my camera is at the shop getting repaired , LOL, l ran it over with the baja, oops , LOL !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welp, I don't think it will help cool it any better than if it didn't have the fan....I dunno here, i mean it could also go either way on t his one...
    \"If U havent broken anything....U arent driving it hard enough\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I'll bet it rips through the rx batteries too.
    IMHO, if you're not doing something like crawling or always running in sand or tall grass the downsides probably outweigh the upsides. In normal running you should not need the extra cooling of the fan - assuming there are no mechanical issues like air leaks or over gearing.
    You can run it off AAA batterys in serious if you dont want to run off your rx pack. On the AAA batterys it will last days before you need to recharge providing you get the right fan. There are only a few fans that I would suggest if you try this that can run on low voltage and provide plenty of air to cool pretty much any nitro sized motor.

Before I tried it out I was skeptical like most but it really works wonders.
    75% driver/50% set up/-25% vehicle=My kind of race.
    Knowledge is power/knowing what to do with it=win