Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

pico .26 or rb523?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
gmcman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pico .26 or rb523?

If you have the $$$ for the 523, IMO you will not regret it....if it's your first RB motor then you are in for a real treat. The 323 is a bit cheaper but that's your choice and if you are power hungry then the 523.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go either way, go with the Pico or the RB; as both of them are quite the powerhouses, and they both are pretty heavy duty on the power and torque aspects. But if I really had to choose, it would probably be the RB, as I have one currently in my 1/8 buggy, and its got power, power, and more power[8D]
Old 08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
spooky1i2002

I just ordered the Picco .26 JL Red Dot. Should have it by next week. Dropping it in to my T-maxx. I will post my oppions once I have had a chance to install, break in, and assess. This will be replacing the traxxas 3.3 thats in there now. The truck started off as a t-maxx 2.5. Dropped a 3.3 in there and stuff started breaking and wearing real fast. So I got a extended chassis beefed up the suspension put in steel drive shafts haven't had any problems with it since other than I crave more power. Fyi I got the engine from amainhobbies.com $199 bucks free shipping comes with a pull start. They didn't have the motor mount for the max or revo so I got that on ebay for $16 bucks. This will be my first big block motor I'm really looking forward to it. I also have a jato 3.3 and a rustler. Just got into this hobby about 6 months ago. I have really enjoyed this whole learning process. I think I like fixing them as much as driving them.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Nighthawk z450

I've "Heard" (hearsay) that the picco has more bottum end but not as much top end as the rb.

Now that the "i've heard" is out of the way,, ill tell you what "I Know" first hand..

I have both the rb 323 and the 523. they both scream and when it comes to top end i ant say i've had anything else that sang such a
" high rpm tune", plenty of power, way more then a trx 3.3, but not "gobbs" of power on the low end. however when they get up in rpm,, they realy are a beast.

so if your going to be bashing, or running in bigger area's,, the rb would be a great engine,
but if your on a smaller tighter track, more low end may be what you need.
However gearing your truck down will make up for any difference the rb may have.

Oh and btw, I have never had the leaning left turn problem. and to add im running the revo platnuim 150cc tank which has been on the truck since before the rb.

goodluck!

Isaac