Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

big block in revo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 AM
cork9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big block in revo?

I want to put a big block engien in my revo i was thinking maybe a pico .28 or something. Has anyone done this befor and if so how hard was it and what dose require and such?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
cork9

Default RE: big block in revo?

any advise??
Old 08-04-2008, 07:58 PM
McPaintFargo

A picco .26 max is a good choice as a direct bolt in. only requires a $7.00 motor mount. great power or try an os .18
Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
CBM Racing

Depending what mount system you use, it may be really easy, or a real pain. Bro put axial 28 in his revo with the traxxas BB kit. A real pain[:-]. Had to move tranny forward about 1/8-1/4inch(drill the holes right on the first try...), then got some offset aluminum rear upper arms(still had to grind some off to clear pullstart), Then side pipe mounting, then the real pain was getting throttle linkage to work properly. What a mickey mouse design that is. Then, some people have problems tearing up trannies and diffs. He went through like 6 sets of gears in the tranny before going to robinson racing gears. But diffs are still good after a year of thrashing. The axial is kind of a weak budget engine, but it moves the lightweight revo really well. A picco would be insane in it, so he is going that route soon. Other mounting systems work much better, but no info on that as we haven't tried any others, so maybe someone else will help out. It is worth it if you have the time and $ to do it right in my opinion. Nothing like popping the front end up at 15mph or haveing the nads to clear big jumps with short runups.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Motox_3

i put a picco P3 .28 in my 3.3 revo it was a pain i had the new era mount and to clear the pull start i had to move the trans 2mm forward the new era mount is the only one that you can use a pullstart with and if you dont already use a start box then get that mount even if you have a bump box then the mount is good in reality it is way 2 much power get the .26 Picco Red Dot or even get the OS .18TZ that is a good engine 2
Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
wayfast

i am about to mount up a jammin 28 to my revo in then next day or so i am going to post pics of the biuld as i put it together. i am going to show how to use the traxxas kit and the Qonceptes kit as well. if you look in my gallery there are some shots of my revos with bb's in them. i think that i like the traxxas kit as of right now because you dont realy need to do much to make it fit. plus the Qoncepts kit has a habbit of coming lose and striping the spur gear. but i do like it because no matter what gearing you use the fly wheel hieght dosent change. look for my post in a few days or so showing how to do this mod.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
revo+me=:)13

im thinking of putting in a os .18 i heard they are great engines!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
sexydingles
My Feedback: (2)

if youre racing i would keep the stock engine in. upgrading to a big block doesn't always help you especially when you already have a heavy car, that lets face it, can seem a bit bulky stock... upgrade gears and forward only take out that annoying and also bulky ez start. i would work on your downfalls... the engine is actually a really good engine, its like comparing a twin turbo v-6 to a big block v8. yeah, the big block would win a drag race, but lose an actual race due to top speed and redlining. if youre bashing i would drop a picco .26 in. just my opinion, i mean the 3.3 is built specifically for the revo, and is race proven. nothing like getting passed in that turn while your big block is raising your cog and the revo is still in its powerband and blowing right by you with a 3.3... i did it all day on sunday, it was satisfying.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
danja mon

I put in a OFNA .32 with the Traxxas BB kit. In order to keep the pull start though I had to push the tranny forward about 2 cm and trim the engine mount down a bit so I could slide the engine up. I also used the two brackets that came with the kit for the throttle linkage to lift the engine up a bit, then I drilled new holes in the block so it would fit it's new possition on the mount. The rear drive shaft needed to be streched so I used two female ends back to back with a cut off male end stuffed inside. My throttle set-up is pretty lame but seems to work
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89804.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1005298  
Old 08-06-2008, 01:32 AM
revoskid32

I know you seem to be sticking to the idea of picco's, but, the RB523 Revo BB kit goes for a bout 290$(bout same price of a picco .26) It comes with a engine, pipe, mount, and everything you need to mount it to you car. Just use your 3.3 clutchbell and flywheel and such. It's a great little engine, rear exhaust, LOT'S o' power.