Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New revo 3.3 question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 08:17 AM
shibby1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New revo 3.3 question?

Hey guys i am going to go get my new revo 3.3 today and though i would put up a post of maybe how i can break in my 3.3 better then what traxxas says. I know after each run put the piston at the bottom of the sleeve. I do have a heat temp so what maybe 200 210 for break in. if you have any more little ways of making the motor any better for break in let me know. Thax[:@] first gas rc in 8years yaya lool
Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New revo 3.3 break in question!?!?!?

The only thing I did different from traxxas recommended break-in was nothing. HEHEHE! Good luck!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:36 AM
matts6887

Just make sure u follow the traxxas break-in instructions to a T. Do that and u should not have any problems. ALso ALWAYS ALWAYS remember to run the tank, engine, and fuel lines completely dry of fuel, and if u are using the new power plus fuel from traxxas. dpn't use after run because it has after run oil in the fuel already. However, if u are using any of the other fuels like odonnels, etc. then yes u do have to use after run oil.....
Old 08-09-2008, 09:36 AM
revocat

Yes, use the traxxas method. One help is to preheat the motor with a hair dryer which helps to lossen the motor a little making it easier to start during break in.
Make sure your batteries are fully charged ad maybe a little drop of after run oil on to of piston (thru glow plug opening).
Old 08-09-2008, 10:30 AM
shibby1

ya i am going to be selling ez-junk and be putting on my duratrax drill start right away which is much better.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:55 PM
YaSiStErsCliT
Banned

If you want to run it in better, double the procedure, do there whole run in as traxxas says, but double the fuel you put through it while running it in. It will make a difference if you do it right with patience.Takes twice as long.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 PM
shibby1

Ya, can i remove the ez-junk and put the duratrax drill start on the motor with out removing the motor or do i have to take the motor off the mount? Thax P.S. i am getting my revo on tusday because my hobby shop was sold out so i am getting the blue one.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:36 PM
shibby1

Default RE: New revo 3.3 question?

Can some one please answer my question! Thax
Old 08-09-2008, 05:44 PM
sfar785

you're gonna have to remove the engine
Old 08-09-2008, 05:49 PM
shibby1

Ok thax for telling me that.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:36 PM
shibby1

How hot should the 3.3 be while i am breaking it in, 180, 200, 220F and it is about 75F outside Thax and do i have to put the piston at the bottom of the sleeve and if so why?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:23 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: shibby1

How hot should the 3.3 be while i am breaking it in, 180, 200, 220F and it is about 75F outside Thax and do i have to put the piston at the bottom of the sleeve and if so why?
Yes, u do have to put the piston at the bottom after each tank of break-in and after running it for the day so that the piston/sleeve/con rod can contract properly. As for the temps while breaking it in, u want it to be up at least 200-220F for the breakin. Hope this helps ya out...
Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Mspeed

I have broken in many 3.3's and tried the traxxas method, the heat cycle method and finially combined a few things with the heat cycle method. Most of the 3.3's I have broken in with the traxxas method turn out average in life span and powerwise. When I first tired a few with the heat cycle method I did notice better performance on a few, but as I have added a few things to the heat cycle here and there, it has giving me some very powerful motors. One of them I was very impressed with.

If your interested I can PM you my reciepe on break in and why each part is important. I have taken alot of tips I have read on here and thought of a few of my own that seem to help some, its a pretty time consuming prcedure, but in the long run you might be glad you did it.

Yes put the piston at Bottom dead center. Its important during break in especially. Traxxas just makes there break in procedure user friendly, the more factors you add the better your sleeve and piston will make a fit during break in.

You are probably going to have trouble getting temps up to 200 on the first tank with the 3.3 unless you do a few things to help boost the temps early on while still keeping it on the rich side. I usually shoot for 200 F measured at the glow plug with a properly calbriated temp gun. If I can manage to get up to 220 with keeping it on the rich side then thats ok for me too.