Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Good Revo clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:23 AM
e123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Revo clutch?

I just got done breaking in a new 3.3 and now my clutch is messed up. What is a good aftermarket clutch I can replace the stock one with?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good Revo clutch?

I just got a 3 piece aluminum set that uses the original clutch spring. Haven't tried it yet but that's what I got. I'll post as soon as I try it out.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:37 AM
matts6887

I know some of u may frown on hearing this, and believe me, I questioned it as well; however one of the managers of my lhs who's been in the business for close to 30 years has assured me that the clutch setup I had him order for me which is Integy 3-shoe, 3-pin setup, is of much better quality....I dont have it yet so I can't tell ya how good it is if it is at all.....but I will let anyone who wants to know about it, know what its like.....
Old 08-10-2008, 11:12 AM
shibby1

Yea matt let me know because i was looking at that in my hobbyshop and it look good but i have had bad issuies with integy. let me know.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:04 PM
sloppyG

how'd the clutch get messed up?

Id just replace with stock
Old 08-10-2008, 12:11 PM
e123

I bought the truck used and it was pretty beat. I think I can put the clutch back together and still get some use out of it but I want to get a new one so I dont have to worry about it later.

I saw the Integy clutch on tower but didnt pay much attention to it because of their bad reputation. Looking forward to your review matts!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:41 PM
WALL22

Aluminum is so much better don't know much about integy products though
Old 08-10-2008, 12:50 PM
FISH KILLA

I can't remember the brand but I got one from my lhs a few weeks ago. It is a 2 shoe al that is supposedly impregnated with some sort of compostie like the stock material. It is also coated with the composite material. He said that is what he runs in his Navorossi in his truggys. It was 20 bucks but I have been through a dozen stockers so I went for it. It is holding up really well to the street abuse I put it through. I will try to find the mfg's name.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:56 AM
CHEVPARTPRO

Just flip the stock one so the pins push the shoes. It will last much longer and grab quicker.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 AM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: e123

I bought the truck used and it was pretty beat. I think I can put the clutch back together and still get some use out of it but I want to get a new one so I dont have to worry about it later.

I saw the Integy clutch on tower but didnt pay much attention to it because of their bad reputation. Looking forward to your review matts!
Well, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad new, the "review" of the integy clutch setup will have to wait about a month, because out here in the west since its always sooo dang hot during the summer, I dont run my r/c stuff during the time from about the beginning of may or so to around the 1st part of October.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
tankmandan

www.m2cracing.com 3 shoe clutch with 3 different type springs 3 types of clutch shoes comes in kit form i use them i race a revo