Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Buy new or used Traxxas Stampede/Rustler

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:03 PM
SZcars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy new or used Traxxas Stampede/Rustler

Hi Everyone

I started out in general forums looking for advise on what to buy my 10 year old son. He really wants Nitro but from all the great responses I got I think electric is the way to go for a beginner.

Most responses suggested the Traxxas Stampede or Rustler so I think that is the way we will go. Now my question is should I buy something new with a warranty or should I look at something used.

I looked at the prices for new and thought $180.00 wasn't too bad but then I realized that didn't include batteries. Also is there any other added expenses I should be of?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:25 PM
e123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buy new or used Traxxas Stampede/Rustler

I have nitro so I will let somebody with more electric experience help you figure out added expenses. But I do have some experience with buying a used r/c. I bought my Revo off ebay and saved a couple hundred dollars over buying a new one. But since I have had it I have more spent more than my initial savings on fixing everything that was wrong with it. I have had to replace a lot of parts, including the engine, and have spent more time fixing it than driving it. If I had it to do over again I would be a new one without a doubt. But thats just my .02 - I know a lot of people buy used and dont have any of the problems I have had. Good luck either way!