Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

post your slayer pics/comments/and just dicuss it

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

post your slayer pics/comments/and just dicuss it

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default post your slayer pics/comments/and just dicuss it

well...the title starts it off..

only really seen an e slayer not a nitro slayer so they seem like tons of fun. might pick up one of my own
Old 08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
KRO

Default RE: post your slayer pics/comments/and just dicuss it

well...the title starts it off..

only really seen an e slayer not a nitro slayer so they seem like tons of fun. might pick up one of my own
It could have been an electric Slayer but I bet it was a Slash ?

I have seen the Slayer at my LHS and its pretty freakin awsome IMO ! I can see it becoming a really popular truck .

BUT ! 489.00+ tax ? COME ON ! The chassis looks like a REVO 2.5 and all that really looks new are the a arms and push rods , so where does all the extra cost come in ? Still has the TQ radio system also ?

I am going too convert my buggy too a CORR truck , the SLAYER body is a perfect fit , just have to fabricate some body mounts and take off the buggy wing ....
Old 08-26-2008, 11:29 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen both the slayer and the slash, and other than the fact that the slayer is nitro based obviously, it looks to be pretty much the same layout I do believe as the slash is. At first I really wanted to see it in person, but now that its out and what not, to me it does not look like that big of a deal other than the fact that it could possibly have a class of its own in terms of racing....
Old 08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Excell0602

ORIGINAL: matts6887

I have seen both the slayer and the slash, and other than the fact that the slayer is nitro based obviously, it looks to be pretty much the same layout I do believe as the slash is. At first I really wanted to see it in person, but now that its out and what not, to me it does not look like that big of a deal other than the fact that it could possibly have a class of its own in terms of racing....
Slayer has revo style suspension, slash does not.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Clymer122693

The only thing the slayer and slash have in common is the tires/wheels and body which even those two things are different. The bed of the slayer is different to compinsate the easy start and the cooling holes for the engine. And the wheels have a bigger inside diameter to clear the revo axle carriers.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:20 AM
skippy7399

Wow! This thread died pretty quick considering how popular sct truck have become recently. OK, it's a couple years old and hard to find. I'll try to revive it some what. I'm in the process of converting a Slayer to brushless here is what I've done so far.

Slayer frame and new Pro-line Hardcore body

Tekno R/C brushless conversion kit

Um, that's it. Don't have motor or esc yet. I'll post some pics when I get some more assembled. Later.