Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tunning rrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
vballspen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunning rrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

i can not get my t maxx 2.5 to run right. it wont start unless its really really rich the second i lean it out a little it dies. also if i run it rich it will die in a matter of minutes and be really fludded. should i really break down and take it to my hs or dose any one have any suggestions? is this normal? One thing i did notice is on the side of the carb where the high speed netle is a screw is missing and a tiny amount of gas leaks out of there every so often i think when there is a lot of pressure would. this make a diffierennce
? what is that screw for?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tunning rrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Actually, the screw on the side of the carb is the low speed needle, the one sticking straight up in the air is the high speed needle; but anyways; in answer to ur question; yes, seeing a small amt. of fuel leaking out of there could mean there is a leak and the entire carb might need to be sealed up in order for it to run right. Doing that might also help to solve ur tuning problems as well...also, u might want to make sure u are using the correct type of plug for the conditions u are running in....
Old 08-27-2008, 06:43 PM
joelgould111

are you talking about the 2 little silver screws if you are you need to get them replaced because they are for seaing the card they stop the engine geting too much air
Old 08-27-2008, 06:50 PM
vballspen

yea it is the silver ones i pulled one off of a spare carb and it wont go back in there it dosnt even look to be threaded. would it be a bad idea to seal it up with epoxy or a risen glue like that (sorry that is the sailing side of me got a leak just epoxy or glass it over) is there a type of plug you would recommend i am in a very humid Florida area i could see that being part of my problem thanks for the help
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
vballspen

please help me am getting fed up with the hobby again. last time i put all my stuff away for a year.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: vballspen

please help me am getting fed up with the hobby again. last time i put all my stuff away for a year.
Well, now I wouldn't necessairly give up on the hobby just because a small "bump in the road". Just keep at it man. U will figure things out...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
A.B.U

Just get a new engine and all your problems with engines will be gone............hopefully.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:17 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: A.B.U

Just get a new engine and all your problems with engines will be gone............hopefully.
Well I wouldn't necesairly say that this is true, simpy because even a brand new engine CAN be bad if and when its discovered early enough
Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: matts6887

ORIGINAL: A.B.U

Well I wouldn't necesairly say that this is true, simpy because even a brand new engine CAN be bad if and when its discovered early enough
Notice the bold part :P

The 2.5 isn't all that great of an engine, and it's picky..
Then again, he doesn't know what screw does what and that doesn't really help sooooo...

Dunno.