Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Want bigger engine for 3.3 revo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM
dkastil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want bigger engine for 3.3 revo.

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: dkastil

the rb is better and peek hp is at 37000 i think the red dot peek hp is 34000 that will give you a better top speed i dont know the numbers on stage 2 modded picco or its rpm range . The thing i like about the picco is it is 200 bucks and verry good quality and power it is not the best but when you think about the price to power and quality ratio for me it fits what i want ,i dont race and a picco sleeve and piston is 67 bucks if i blow up .
The picco Red Dot will smoke the RB 523 easily....Especially when you put some left hand turns into it.....There is countless threads started in the last year in this forum to prove my point....I bought an RB for my Tmaxx and sold it before ever putting any fuel through it......I now have an old style picco .26 max Tmaxx and I just ordered a red dot picco .26 max for kicks and giggles
i was just giving him the pros and cons not trying to have a bias for what i have .what is that black thing in my truck ?

ohh its my picco red dot
Old 09-20-2008, 06:00 PM
RCCanuck

nice truck dude....I was just puttin in my 3 cents.....
Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM
dkastil

thanks canuck
Old 09-20-2008, 06:19 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

nice truck dude.........
Yep!! definitely agreed here!!! nice truck indeed!!! [8D][8D]
Old 09-20-2008, 08:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

get the picco and when you get some cash send it to ab mods to get a stage 2 mod job and it will have more power than the rb .
From which modder? The reason why I ask is because what one modder calls "Stage 2" could be totally different from what another modder calls "Stage 2."

But this is a good point though. Whoever you choose to do you engine modding, always ask what their mods include. Of course diffent engines require different mods, so also mention the specific type of engine you are sending to him and then ask what mods he will put into your engine.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 PM
dkastil

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

get the picco and when you get some cash send it to ab mods to get a stage 2 mod job and it will have more power than the rb .
From which modder? The reason why I ask is because what one modder calls "Stage 2" could be totally different from what another modder calls "Stage 2."

But this is a good point though. Whoever you choose to do you engine modding, always ask what their mods include. Of course diffent engines require different mods, so also mention the specific type of engine you are sending to him and then ask what mods he will put into your engine.
why ask read it agan "get the picco and when you get some cash send it to ab mods to get a stage 2 mod job and it will have more power than the rb ." and adam knows what is best to do to your engine from years of testing with his xdyno AB MODS is the only guy i would send my engines to other than EB witch is funny AB and EB mods send adam a email if you want to know what he does or thinks is best for your engine .
Old 09-20-2008, 09:50 PM
TMaxxDriver

Very NICE lookin ride there dkastil!! I am very impressed... I agree with you on the whole Picco thing... for $200 bucks, you CAN'T beat the power/performance/speed out of that thing... I know, for my OWN preference, I WILL definitely get one, when I have the funds available. For now, I am going to stick to the 3.3 that I just recently got.!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
gmcman

As far as the left turn issue is concerned, not a prob with my setup. Tank is good, lines are tight, no air leaks and pulls hard wheelies in 2nd gear while eating the front driveshaft [8D] I really don't understand how the left turn issue is related to the motor...never understood that, prob the way the fuel delivery was setup for the 3.3.....dunno.

Cmon RB peeps, stand up

Edit to add.....I replied to the last post of the first page, I see that the OP went to the dark side now
Old 09-23-2008, 08:36 AM
JohnnyBenz22

So which engine is better in holding tunes and wouldnt overheat easily, picco red dot or rb523?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
dkastil

if you know how to tune it does not matter if the conditions change you will have to tune any glow engine , it usaly takes a few 1/8th to 1/16 turns and a peek at the temp gun ,dont worry so much about tuneing .
Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 AM
matts6887

dont worry so much about tuneing .
Actually, I beg to differ here on this one; because knowing how to tune a nitro engine is pretty much "essential" to being able to run a nitro engine properly without running it into the ground too early in a engine's life span.....
Old 09-23-2008, 11:05 AM
ChaosEngine

what do you guys think of this?

http://www.teampicco.com/Motori/p2.html
Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: ChaosEngine

what do you guys think of this?

http://www.teampicco.com/Motori/p2.html
Looks like one sweet looking powerplant there!!! I would consider this one, the P3 Picco(.28), or the Picco red dot for a replacement for my 3.3 once it finally kicks the bucket(if it ever does lol because at the rate I'm going it seems like it will never die)
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM
JohnnyBenz22

Ok, lets forget about the tune, tuning is nothin hard to me i was just looking for a engine that wouldnt always need to be tuned like the traxxas enines. But who makes better enigines?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
TMaxxDriver

OS Engines, in particular the .18TM or the .21TM... RB is also a good choice.

I am more partial to the Picco .26 Max JL Red Dot.... Thats just my .02 cents!!!!! [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 09-23-2008, 04:36 PM
ChaosEngine

i dont plan on racing at all, but i saw that particular picco just drops in, and makes 1hp more then the os21tm, and thought.. yeah.. thats my next motor ive only been in the game for about 4 or 5 months, and everything ive learned, is from you guys posting, and my own trial and error ways

forum= cheap and easy way to learn, other peoples mistakes are duly noted [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

my way= ungodly expensive, frustrateing, and a really great learning experience, but still wickedly fun [8D]

some guys say i have bad luck, i dont think like that, i think.. whoops, i should have backed that screw off a little, or that was not the time to try a backflip! [:-]

/rambleing
Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
JohnnyBenz22

The picco 2.6 red dot on towerhobbies.com comes with a pull start, would i be able to take the pull start out and connect my easy start to it?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Yes.

ORIGINAL: nguyen3254

The picco 2.6 red dot on towerhobbies.com comes with a pull start, would i be able to take the pull start out and connect my easy start to it?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:19 PM
TMaxxDriver

ORIGINAL: nguyen3254

YES!! THAT is one of the major benefits of the Picco .26, is that you can directly swap the EZ start to it, and it is a direct drop into the Revo/Tmaxx with the Ofna engine mount. In my honest opinion, I am going to go with the Picco .26 Max JL Red Dot in the future (probably after winter, when I am able to get my Revo!!)
Old 10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
dkastil

ORIGINAL: matts6887

dont worry so much about tuneing .
Actually, I beg to differ here on this one; because knowing how to tune a nitro engine is pretty much "essential" to being able to run a nitro engine properly without running it into the ground too early in a engine's life span.....
use the whole quote it is about not staying away from the red dot because it is hard to tune , it is not hard to tune and dont worry about tuneing you have to tune all cars whenever you run , i have a temp gun and tuneing screwdriver on me at all times .
Old 10-08-2008, 04:04 PM
JohnnyBenz22

Picco it is!!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:20 PM
TMaxxDriver

nguyen, thats what we like to hear!!!

You will NOT regret getting the Picco! Tuning aside, the power/performance/speed that it puts out is well worth the $200 price tag! As with ANY engine, it is going to need to be tuned from time to time.

Picco is actually German for 'PowerHouse' HAHAHA, J/K here!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:34 PM
dkastil

here are a few things i have learned about my picco red dot in the last gallon #1 you have to upgrade the clutch pads the power is just 2 much for the fiber pads durring break in my mip lasted a long time but now that i drive it hard it just chows mips #2 piccos get air leaks so seal your carb and backplate right when you get the engine .
Other then that the engine is verry nice and the clutch eating is because of the power so it is not a bad thing and all engines benifit from getting sealed .
Old 10-09-2008, 10:15 AM
JohnnyBenz22

Are you the only one getting air leaks or aloat of other picco's getting airleaks? What kind of clutch pads should i use with the picco?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
REVO_RACER

Well, I was around when the picco .26 Max (Blue one) was the hot item to have. Almost everyone sealed there engines, people even do it with their 3.3 and 2.5r's. Its just an inexpensive way of protecting your engine from any air leak. I know I will be doing this even with my .18TZ Even though not alot of people complain about Air leaks with OS engines.

Well I think he uses aluminum clutches. Most Truggies and Buggies have them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.