Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Want bigger engine for 3.3 revo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 03:04 PM
JohnnyBenz22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want bigger engine for 3.3 revo.

Just ordered the picco red dot on towerhobbies.com, what are the best way to seal up the engine?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 PM
TMaxxDriver

ORIGINAL: nguyen3254

Just ordered the picco red dot on towerhobbies.com, what are the best way to seal up the engine?

Congrats on getting the Picco!!! A light layer of some kind of silicone where the backplate is should help to seal it up. You MIGHT wanna take the carb off and put a light layer under the carb body also.

Good luck with it man. You are going to have a MONSTER on your hands once you get it broken in!!

Did you find enough information on how to break it in the best way possible?? Just curious, because break-in is vitally important to ensure longer engine life! [8D]
Old 10-09-2008, 05:19 PM
JLRevo

Got to you tube and lot for Squirrels videos on r/c. He has one for sealing nitro engines. ACtually just search sealing nitro engine on youtube.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:10 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kasarn

Got to you tube and lot for Squirrels videos on r/c. He has one for sealing nitro engines. ACtually just search sealing nitro engine on youtube.
Yea, I just did that yesterday, and joined his forum, its very friendly there....

Well did you order the OFNA Mount with it, youll need it for the install.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

Congrats on getting the Picco!!! A light layer of some kind of silicone where the backplate is should help to seal it up. You MIGHT wanna take the carb off and put a light layer under the carb body also.

Good luck with it man. You are going to have a MONSTER on your hands once you get it broken in!!

Did you find enough information on how to break it in the best way possible?? Just curious, because break-in is vitally important to ensure longer engine life! [8D]
+1 here on all this!!! and congrats on getting the new engine!!! Shoot! I wish I could get a new one that easily, ha!!!! [8D]
Old 10-10-2008, 05:12 PM
dkastil

Are you the only one getting air leaks or aloat of other picco's getting airleaks? What kind of clutch pads should i use with the picco?
it is not about the quality picco recomends sealing I dont have a air leak yet but I do se a few spots where i think a small bit of fuel got out of the backplate and base of the carb ,all engines benifit from getting sealed my old mach .15 was night and day after i sealed it .
Old 10-11-2008, 09:26 PM
eminentguitar

Hey this is just a little off toppic but im finding it hard to find a good revo thread on anything revo related. But here is my question. I just bought a revo 3.3 and I dont really like the performance of the trx engine im always having to fiddle with the tuning but I have an os 18 tz sitting around and I want to put that engine in my revo. I know its got more power then the 3.3 but the problem is its not a slide carb. Is there any way to put a rotary carb engine into a revo? Or should I just get a picco? lol

If you guys know of a revo 3.3 thread let me know k.

Julius
Old 10-11-2008, 09:36 PM
TMaxxDriver

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

Hey this is just a little off toppic but im finding it hard to find a good revo thread on anything revo related. But here is my question. I just bought a revo 3.3 and I dont really like the performance of the trx engine im always having to fiddle with the tuning but I have an os 18 tz sitting around and I want to put that engine in my revo. I know its got more power then the 3.3 but the problem is its not a slide carb. Is there any way to put a rotary carb engine into a revo? Or should I just get a picco? lol

Julius

PICCO!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:59 PM
eminentguitar

figured you would say that lol. I can get one for 100 from my friend he cant get it to stay running (breaking it in) and wont take my advice on sealing it up and warming the engine up before he starts it. Its cold here right now. Have any of you guys put the spectrum dx 3.0 in a revo? Is it hard to do?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:04 PM
TMaxxDriver

figured you would say that lol. I can get one for 100 from my friend he cant get it to stay running (breaking it in) and wont take my advice on sealing it up and warming the engine up before he starts it. Its cold here right now. Have any of you guys put the spectrum dx 3.0 in a revo? Is it hard to do?

of course you can put the spektrum on the Revo...

And you BETTER snatch that Picco from your friend, thats one hell of a deal!! Is it the Red Dot, or just the Picco .26??
Old 10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
eminentguitar

its a picco 26 maxx p2
Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 PM
REVO_RACER

its a picco 26 maxx p2
You Could actually Use the rotary carb, you just need a new throttle linkage and some other things, But that 100 deal is great, should snatch it up. (BTW is that engine (.18TZ) Broken In or used yet ??)
Old 10-11-2008, 10:44 PM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: REVO_RACER

its a picco 26 maxx p2
You Could actually Use the rotary carb, you just need a new throttle linkage and some other things, But that 100 deal is great, should snatch it up. (BTW is that engine (.18TZ) Broken In or used yet ??)
The tz was broken in this summer and has about 1 galon through it I had it in my mt2 and it really really flew
Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
TMaxxDriver

PICCO, LoL
Old 10-12-2008, 01:45 PM
bigairlife

kewl you'll like the red dot. But i would have gone w/ the RB
Old 10-12-2008, 01:59 PM
eminentguitar

Hey another question this is the only thread that im getting any responce about the revo on. I just put my spectrum radio in the revo and for some reason all im getting is the throttle but the problem is the throttle only controles the steering. no other servos work........ everything is hooked up right and when I put the reciever back in the mt2 is works just fine. Just to see if it was something to do with my revo I put the reciever in my friends revo and it does the same thing.........Any ideas?
Old 10-12-2008, 02:54 PM
eminentguitar

Ok now I have everything ish figured out. I had to take the opti drive out but now the only thing that I cant get to work it the reverse servo........ I can adjust the trim on it but when I push the button on my reciever nothing happins. Any ideas?
Old 10-12-2008, 03:50 PM
eminentguitar

There I just got everything figured out I threw the opti drive in the trash and just used my 3rd channell on my radio, reverse works like a charm but I just have to make sure im stopped when I engage it but oh well.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:45 PM
dkastil

Julius
I have a tz and a red dot the picco has 2.7 hp the os has 2.28 but it runs just as strong or verry close I dont know how or why and the tz is a beast and you can run it with rotory carb with a tmax linkage and traxxas makes a flywheel nut/ adapter for the tz shaft # 4144 or you can put a .18 tm crankshaft in butit is 40 bucks the nut is 5 but you do have to cut your shaft so it only has 5 threds left ,I am thinking about getting .18tm 11k pull carb for my tz but it is 80 bucks .
Old 10-12-2008, 08:54 PM
eminentguitar

dood thats sonething that im going to try out asap the tz is the most unreal 18 I have ever seen and has great top speed as well. Ill try the tz first all I do is bash all I really want is something with a little more power then the 3.3 but at the same time I still want to be able to run it more then I fix it. Ill get that tmaxx linkage tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:27 PM
JohnnyBenz22

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
gmcman

The best way I can think of is to put it back in the box, use packing tape on all corners to make sure there are no air leaks, take to the nearest Parcel Plus store and reurn to TH and order a RB 523

Sorry man.....just had to.