Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo spur gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 07:18 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo spur gear

been having alot of problems with my spur gear getting chewed with in like 10-15 mins ... i think it is the meshing and was wondering if anyone knew any fool proof method to set it ... its really hard to see it for the handle and throttle servo box and if i have to remove them each time i want to change a spur i think i'll go mentle
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46518.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1049601  
Old 10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
TRIPC

Default RE: revo spur gear

You dont have to remove the servo or the handle.. I have had the same problem with my Revo 3.3. Everybody will tell you the same thing. Either slipper clutch needs to be looser or the gear mesh.. On the Revo I find the gear mesh pretty easy to set, the slipper there must be a very fine line on too tight or to loose. If you get it to loose the engine wont grab as good and generally not shift to second gear... Good luck and just mess with it untill you find the " G-spot" lol
Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 AM
choppaholix

loosen your eng mounts and then cut a small piece of paper strip, and put it in between your spur and cb, and press them together.That right their will give you a perfect mesh. Use some "BLUE" lock tite on your screw.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

thanks for your help ... i also found this video on youtube that might help anyone with the same problem i'm going to give it a try on the weekend ... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=OsvMk-Apctk