Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

My trade advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
twobnvd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My trade advice

I have/had an emaxx. Almost brand new like two/three runs on it and is in perfect condition. A guy wants to trade me a 3.3 revo (older version I am thinking with opti drive) He states it is in perfect condition. Opti has been removed but he is including it int he trade. ALso a upgraded remote. I just want to make sure this is a pretty solid model. I am also giving hime two batteries and a custom body. Anyone think this is a even trade I just dont want to be getten taken for a ride. He stated he traded someone for this a few weeks ago on this site. I was just starting to think it may be a problemed revo or why else would he be wanting to get rid of it already? He stated because he wanted a electric. Any advice is appreciated. I already have a savage and love it but I am happy with the emaxx as a secondary truck but realy like nitro..
Old 12-24-2008, 01:51 PM
rcdudegermy10

Default RE: My trade advice

Dont trade him!!! [:@] He said he just got the truck and he already wants to get rid of it b/c it has problems!! Your truck is almost new his isnt! You dont know the history of the vehicle either and neither does he, it's a stupid trade!!

If your ready to spend $150 plus for a new engine and other parts and still have problems then go ahead...

He's gonna rip you off stay away!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 02:02 PM
donkeymaxx

yes i agree do not trade. everytime i buy a used truck i assume the engine is bad and sure enough it is.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:37 PM
twobnvd

OK guys thanks for the advice.. Dont want to get stuck in that type of situation..
Old 12-24-2008, 02:38 PM
rcdudegermy10

hey whats his username?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:20 PM
twobnvd

mothertrucker71 Cant find anything about him but he is willing to ship first.
Defentley (sp) not saying anything bad about him as he has agreed to ship first, I just dont want to be trading down in any way.. Or gettting a totaly abused truck
Old 12-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Montana Mike

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he is sending the truck first, then for sure check out every little component on it with a fine tooth comb. Revos are good trucks. Not much into electric personally, but then again I have never owned one either. Let me know how it goes. Merry Christmas Brother
Old 12-25-2008, 12:19 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indeed; I agree with mike above; if u are gonna do a trade, then make sure that IF u decide to go ahead with it, go through the truck from top to bottom, inside and out to make sure its like "all there" before u decide to ship ur truck over to him....but one other thing that does come to mind is how do u know for sure that if he told ya that the engine itself is in proper working order; that its the honest 100% truth?? U definitely wanna cover your own butt in a situation like this.....
Old 12-25-2008, 03:20 PM
rcdudegermy10

If he'll trade first, then I'd go for it...check everything out though, make sure you get the truck before you ship your out, and make sure everything works, take your time...

See how old his profile is, any past feedback, classifieds placed??
Old 12-25-2008, 07:57 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcdudegermy10

Dont trade him!!! [:@] He said he just got the truck and he already wants to get rid of it b/c it has problems!! Your truck is almost new his isnt! You dont know the history of the vehicle either and neither does he, it's a stupid trade!!

If your ready to spend $150 plus for a new engine and other parts and still have problems then go ahead...

He's gonna rip you off stay away!!!
I would play it safe and go with rcdudegermy10's advise.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:05 PM
twobnvd

Thanks guys I will check it over real good and see what I think.. Is there a way to do say a compression check on the motor? I know you can on bigger motors but for the little ones I am not sure..
Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 AM
mbogosia

You could have him shoot a video of it in action for you. Have him hold up a newspaper from the current day several times during the video so you know it is not an old one. If it looks and sounds good then you should be pretty safe.