Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Rear Brake Kit on a Revo 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Soppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Brake Kit on a Revo 2.5

So I got some stuff for my truck for Christmas, one of which was the 3.3 gearbox halves so I can install the rear brake and center differential kits on my Revo 2.5. My question is does anyone know of a guide or something so I know where to cut my chassis and don't weaken it any more than I need to? Anyone have photos? Also, what should I use to cut the chassis? Thanks a lot everyone.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:58 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rear Brake Kit on a Revo 2.5

I remember a while ago there was a guide. I think all you have to do is file away at the rear part of the opening. Ill see if I can find the guide again....
Old 12-26-2008, 03:00 PM
JLRevo

If you dont mine, you can pick up a Slayer chassis on E Bay, that you can just drop your set up in.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:33 PM
futureboy1969

When I did mine the brake kit had a diagram for that. I used a tremal w/a cut off wheel. Plus I also had to mod the rear drive shaft where it rest against the trany to make it spin better cause it's a bit to long. or u can get the alt. drive shaft they reconmend.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 PM
oompwa

the brake kit had a diagram for that
Yes, the kit should have directions, with a diagram showing the notch location. It's minor really. Just a 10mm deep notch, as clearance for the linkage.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Soppy

Oh ok well that's good news. I thought I was going to have to cut a chunk out of my chassis lol