Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

My Project (60+ mph T-maxx) *Car Done*

Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My new project

Any runs yet?

I'm still waiting on the header. Hobbywarehouse didn't even ship it until yesterday... I ordered it on the 27th. Last time I buy from them.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
madbrad70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know what the weight of your tmaxx is ?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: donkeymaxx

Guys after waiting over a month for parts, hours of headaches, several trips to the LHS and the hardware store, and a couple internet orders i am finally done with my big block. The linkages were a big pain just as i thought, however everything else went pretty good.

It just dropped below freezing where i live so i am waiting for it to warm up before i start break in. I am going to run 30% nitro and start with almost stock gearing 22/72. I don't want to push too hard during break in so i am going to wait before i start experimenting my gear combinations.

Also, i inspire 2 people that hang out at my LHS to break the 60mph barrier in a t-maxx, so our chances on seeing a 60mph T-Maxx just got higher. They both have big blocks.

Here are some pics of the finished product. Videos will come soon.

Man, donkey, that look like one SWEET looking ride ya got there man; even though it was a headache at times, hopefully the end result(s) will be good for ya!!! they should be considering its obviously a big block; But just remember, its not gonna be fully broken in right away as those big blocks such as the axial tend to take a full gallon and sometimes even more to get fully and completely broken-in and loosened up; but either way looks good man; let us know how things go after the first run!!! [8D]
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
fabrimacator21

[/quote]

What gas tank is that.... I've been looking for a low CG tank.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
cmerritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's a rustler tank... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJG38&P=7
Old 02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
fabrimacator21

Cool thanks...

Only 88cc though. Now that I have a BB chassis I have an extra inch and a half between the tank and batt box and can't help but wonder if someone makes a larger tank with low cg.