Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Will Hpi F4.6 fit a T-Maxx

Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
tiemac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Hpi F4.6 fit a T-Maxx

Just wondering if an HPI F4.6 motor can be fitted on a T-Maxx.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Will Hpi F4.6 fit a T-Maxx

It can, but not without a conversion chassis. The Maxx chassis is laid out so that the traxxas engines are super close to the rear shock tower. Also, the Traxxas engines are shorter front to back then a big block. This prevents a direct bolt in. A number of companies make big block conversions for the T-Maxx though so that you can get a 4.6 in there. The conversion will set you back $75-$125 depending on the kit you choose. The conversion is usually a new chassis, throttle linkage, servo mount, rear driveshaft cups and extended rear driveshaft and skidplate.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get drop in medium blocks (bb displacement in a small block case) for it for 200 bucks. Check out the picco .26 maxx red dot.

A BB conversion would be a good Idea though. The short chassis with the picco maxx is too twitchy. Plus you would have a hole new world of engine possibilities with the BB kit.

I went with the flm BB kit. The chassis is lighter then stock and plenty strong. Comes with driveshaft, chassis braces, BB motor mount, and chassis.

http://www.addicted2rc.com/T_maxx_parts.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81989.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1120290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59203.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	1120291  
Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
tiemac

I will probably just sale the engine. I have an OS-18 and OS-15 in my Maxx's now. Thanks for the info.