Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

best basher

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:08 PM
leroycool1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best basher

ORIGINAL: quadracer111

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

Why does it suck?

it breaks all the time.
Exactly! And savages never break!

NEVER BREAK !!!!!!! well why does anyone buy anything other than a savage ???? a savage must be made out of some great super special stuff to NEVER BREAK !!

let me run it and i am shure it will not last any longer than a revo or maxx

Old 02-15-2009, 05:37 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, they definitely do break; just 1/10 as often as my T-maxx. Here is a crash going WOT into a rock with the left side:

Damage was: 2 Carbon fiber hignepins crushed, 1 CF hybrid buckle snapped, and upper and lower arms stretched past a usable level.

Every truck breaks, but if I would have done that to my T-maxx; well there would be no front end left... That break was after 2 hours worth of hard hits from concrete barriers and the like at WOT.

Edit: I have done that to my T-maxx at less than 1/3rd of the speed and have done everything from snapping bulkheads and skids to ripping the stock chassis in pieces hitting a curb under 10mph at an angle. (That was with plastic bulks when the chassis snapped, now there are alum).
Old 02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

savages are great trucks,all i said was that you talk about the diffs are easy to change.probbly everything on the savage is stronger than the t-maxx.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Mr.SelfDestruct

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

Why does it suck?

it breaks all the time.
Exactly! And savages never break!

Lol quadracer is such an idiot, seriously. "Savages never break" and yet my LHS don't carry them because they're such pieces of junk and a b*tch to work with. Every RC car breaks, no matter what, just because you've had some luck with your Savage doesn't mean it's more durable than the T-Maxx. My guess is your "*****-footing" your throttle and baby-sitting your Savage.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:17 PM
rcnitrohead

Selfdestruct- Just looking at your sig, well I can see what type of vehicles you have and honestly, I can see why your so angry...
Old 02-15-2009, 06:21 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Selfdestruct- Just looking at your sig, well I can see what type of vehicles you have and honestly, I can see why your so angry...

i feel sorry for your mom she had to give birth to you.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Mr.SelfDestruct

Angry? Who's angry? I'm just having fun with the little Savage kids, lol.

As of my RC cars go, I own two RC cars, a Micro DT and a T-Maxx 3.3. The xxx-4 (awesome buggy, have no idea why you would bash it in the first place, you must know nothing about it) was bought for my girlfriend. The Evader ST is in pieces and just sucks; plain and simple. Why would I be angry? I own the best selling monster truck around. If I owned a Savage I might be angry...
Old 02-15-2009, 07:01 PM
rcnitrohead

Wow T-max97, that perfectly proves my point about your maturity and you can expect the mods to delete that comment pretty soon. Some kids shouldn't be let on a computer under a certain age.

Well, you certainly seemed quite angry in your earlier post Destruct- I guess your abbreviated cursing doesn't qualify as an emotion relating to anger- my mistake.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:27 PM
RCCanuck

u guys are well on your way to getting this thread locked up...which hasn't happened in a while.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:11 PM
t-max97

Wow T-max97, that perfectly proves my point about your maturity and you can expect the mods to delete that comment pretty soon. Some kids shouldn't be let on a computer under a certain age.

Well, you certainly seemed quite angry in your earlier post Destruct- I guess your abbreviated cursing doesn't qualify as an emotion relating to anger- my mistake.

why are you acting like a butt.i said one thing about the savage diffs and you get all wierd about it.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 PM
t-max97

and if you think i am imature maybee thats becouse im 11[:'(]
Old 02-15-2009, 10:42 PM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

There both good trucks...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:47 PM
quadracer111

Whatever.. There both good trucks, the savage is more durable but the maxx handles better.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:40 AM
fabrimacator21

I remember you saying the savvy is like a brick on wheels, by the sounds of it your maxx sounds like a brick on wheels, you even posted a thread on it!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_84...tm.htm#8428790
Hurrah for your brick on wheels! Atleast mines durable!!
I love this quote by you, pay attention to the bolded part!

ORIGINAL: Mr.SelfDestruct

Well, the flipping is mostly on pavement with stock tires. When I go to the track (we have a clay track) I slide very well. When I'm bashing in the backyard, it's mostly sand (I live in Florida). I guess I'll lower it and see how it does. I usually have no throttle around corners and brake to almost a complete stop before taking the corners. Thanks for the replies, I'll lower it and see how it does. Thanks.
I just LOVE IT! [>:]
You just love what? Anybody with a half a brain cell knows that the savage will get owned my a maxx in handling department. How many times did the maxx win National professional championships? And the sav? We know the savage is durable but so is the maxx. I've seen vids of a savage breaking where a maxx would keep rolling and vice versa.

It wasn't mrselfdestruct that said the sav is a brick on wheels. It was rccanuck who owns both savage and tmaxx.

We don't even need to mention that the maxx is 3 lbs lighter then the sav so your starting with a much better platform for top of the line performance. Right now I own a BB maxx that weighs 9 lbs and has a wider stance then a savage with the same wheelbase and a BB Picco .28 p3. The savage, no matter how modified can't touch it in any direction and the same goes for MOST revo's. It will just get owned. plain and simple. Any # of post's will not change this. Stock for stock they are damn close in a street drag race but with a maxx or revo your starting with a much better handling truck that has a huge weight advantage over the savage. Show me a 9 lb .28 picco p3 savage with shocks that work as well as the big bores and we can talk. Savages are way too bouncy and have too high of a cg and weight to make it a worthwhile racing truck. You claim it's easier to work on but I say you don't know how to work on a maxx. Just give it up man. You don't own a tmaxx and are talking out your ass here.

How does his maxx sound like a brick on wheels? He said it slides well and only rolls on pavement at 30mph. A stock savage would be proud to stay upright at 15 mph on pavement. Who cares if he slows way down in corners... he just got the thing. I'm flat out into turns and with one tap of the brake I'm back on the throttle hard.

Can we have a discussion without the bs?
Old 02-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Mr.SelfDestruct

Lol, I got a couple 12 year olds pretty angry tonight. He even went so far to mess up and mistake me for someone else, and then double posted with anger.
Quadracer is so angry, he had to search up my posts just to try and flame me.

Of course I lowered my truck and I can take corners on pavement going pretty damn fast, I rarely ever flip now, so laughing about that was pretty pointless. Flipping is always a problem out of the box with a Monster Truck, no matter what truck it is.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM
quadracer111

Yes im just steaming im soo mad lol, why would i get mad over such a dumb thing. I didnt get you mixed up btw because your the one that posted that thread. Im older than 12, 15 soon to be 16. I didnt know we had such a personal grudge here. The thing that got me is when i posted my opinion you started to bash it.
But whatever, as long as you have fun
Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 PM
supertib

Guys MT's are old news...seriously go buy a quality Truggy either new or used and you will enter a whole new era of RC...a RC that rarely breaks, doesn't need a pile of hoppups, and performance that will make any MT look stupid......Truggys rule !!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM
rcnitrohead

Damn, the mods are slacking this weekend. I mean, I know its Presidents week, but someones gotta delete some posts
Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 AM
mikel05

LOSI LST2 you can not beat the losi ,it is with out a dought the easiest to work on, and out of all the trucks your talking about only the losi comes with a great remote and electronics all jr. You get abig block, it is the simplest design out of all the trucks,2 speed reverse hi/ lo gear range, there is nothing you have to do to make this a killer truck,and fast my lst will smoke my revo and my savage, simple simple simple and parts r everywere, the one truck i can take off the shelf and it starts and runs all day with no problems i love them all but once you work on a losi you will never want to break your revo again
Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 AM
mikel05

by the way tib is rite i just got the ofna jammin crt2 truggy and man let me tell you i think all my mt"s will be on the shelf for a while , i love the truggy it handles its fast it jumps and yeh i think it may well be the most indistructable, very simple platform
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 AM
kamicowzi
My Feedback: (8)

Hmmm this is an old post, but I was just reading through all the flameage and wanted to post ( I normally post on the Savage thread). Plus, I have owned quite a few of the trucks mentioned in the thread so my opinion may be valid for once...lol. :P

I have owned two T-Maxx 2.5s, a Losi LST (and man do I miss that truck), and I currently have a Savage XL, a Jato, and a Revo that should get here in the mail today!!!

I can't really speak for the Revo as far as parts and speed and durability go, but I think I know the other ones fairly well.

Overall out of the MTs that I have owned, I have to say that I probably enjoyed my LST the most...not sure why, I think I just have a soft spot for it. I have had tons of fun with all of them. I have broken all of them, and you know what....it wasn't because one truck was made by Traxxas or whatever, it's because i have a bad habit of beating the crap out of them. If you jump an LST off of a 15 foot high pile of asphalt and dirt at WOT, it will break...and I beat if I did the same to my Savage, it would break too. (For those who want to know...I had no a-arms on the front of my LST after that...but boy did it look pretty bad ***** in the air).

I never had any major problems with them. I totaled the front end of my T Maxx because I ran it through a puddle, the servos freaked out, and it ran straight in to a tree head on. +1 for driver error.

While my Savage has never had any major breakage, it has had some odd and annoying breakage. The first day I was running it, it did the lamest cart wheel ever and it broke a c hub. I chalk that up to a bad piece. It seems though, that everytime I run it, something odd messes up. Yesterday, I had a shock come apart for no reason and my tie rods kept coming off. I have had locked tited screws keep coming out as well. No big deal though, it comes with the hobby. It has survived a lot of wrecks and cartwheels though, so it is a tough truck. One thing I will say though is that the 5.9 engine is a turd!!!! Slapping an LRP .28...and now an LRP .30 is the best thing I have done to that truck......runs like a molested mandrill now.

I honestly have to say the toughest truck I own is my Jato...anything that will take a 40 foot long cat wheel while going 50+ and come away unscathed is pretty damn tough.

I kind of lost track of what my original point was, but no matter what truck you get, if you run it hard, stuff is going to break. Plus, every truck has their weak point....just like real cars. There will never be a perfect truck, just ones that you really like.

Hell, I am sure I am going to break my Revo, and when I do....it will probably be my fault.

Ohhhh and one last thing....the Savage XL....yeah it's a big fan of rolling over. Does that bother me? Nope cause I am the one driving it, and I know very well that if I take a sharpturn going fast, it's going to do that...but yet I do it anyways cause I can.

I say just get a truck that ya want, learn the ins and outs of it, and enjoy running it, breaking it, and wrenching on it.