Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

maxx reliablity

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 PM
panzertank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maxx reliablity

im trying to find a new engine for my t-maxx. Im sick of the TRX and dont want another. i really just want a drop in engine thats super reliable and easy to tune above everthing else. Any suggestions? (i'd also like it to be under $200). any help appreciated
Old 02-23-2009, 12:46 AM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: maxx reliablity

an os engine would do good for your t-maxx. i think they have a .18 or 2 for under $200.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:52 AM
RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: panzertank

im trying to find a new engine for my t-maxx. Im sick of the TRX and dont want another. i really just want a drop in engine thats super reliable and easy to tune above everthing else. Any suggestions? (i'd also like it to be under $200). any help appreciated
well your choices for drop ins are Picco .26,,,,RBTM523,,,,,OS .21TM(the .18tm was discontinued but still can be found on ebay and in a few hobby shops)...the picco and the RB require a special mount due to their bigger crank case....There are a few lesser quality engines that will mount right in but in my opinion not even worth mentioning.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

If you want similar power to a 2.5r, then an O.S. .18 cv-r will be what you want. $130 new, and they are great, easy to tune motors from everything I have heard.

I have one with a tiger drive drill start on it, just havent had the chance to try it out yet. [8D]