Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

glow plug question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:00 PM
ridikt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glow plug question

will the mccoy mc-59 glow plug work in the 3.3? im helping my friend break in his new revo and it is blowing through the plugs in about 2 minutes. i know running it really rich burns them up, but ive never gone through that many plugs that fast. he burnt the first one after about 3 tanks, so i gave him one of my lc3 plugs. it lasted about a tank then went. so today i gave him another and it lasted for about a minute. he is running the traxxas top fuel, think that would make them foul that fast with its higher oil content? any suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
dakamat

Default RE: glow plug question

Yes the MC-59 will be fine
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dakamat

Yes the MC-59 will be fine

+1; good plug to use....works very well...
Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 AM
mikel05
My Feedback: (1)

get rid of the traxxas fuel its crap, you can use it for cleaning parts or starting a bond fire, lol try trinity monster fuel 20% or byrons anything but traxxas, maybe good for breakin but thats it. If it is cold where your at your probly to rich, mccoy 59 plugs r really good,i use then and some r so old i can not evan remember when i put them in , its all in the tuning
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
mikel05

correction your too LEAN
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
ridikt

well he is running the breakin tanks on the stock pig rich settings. i expected to lose at lease 1 or 2 plugs, not 4. he got the traxxas fuel cause that is all our lhs has. i run odonnells. but i get my fuel from a town 3 hours away lol. the reason i asked about the mc-59 plug cause i have found better deals on them. i run a os .21tm and wont use anything but the lc3 plug.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:07 AM
EvilBunny

the mc-59 is a ****e plug for the revo 3.3. during my break in i went through one per tank. if i were you i'd find some Traxxas plugs. i use 3232x in mine
Old 03-10-2009, 05:35 AM
mikel05

os 21 ? great engine ,why not the os8 my buddy swears by them
Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 AM
ridikt

ive just always used the lc3 plugs in it and never have had a problem and they would last forever in it. we did narrow it down to the fuel that was causing the problem. put some of my fuel in it(odonnells) and it didnt burn one plug. but i am going to try out the mc-59 plug just because i found such a good deal on them. 12 plugs for 49.99 and we split the price. if i dont like them ill try the os #8 plug. has anybody ever notice a power difference in the brand of plug?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ridikt

will the mccoy mc-59 glow plug work in the 3.3? im helping my friend break in his new revo and it is blowing through the plugs in about 2 minutes. i know running it really rich burns them up, but ive never gone through that many plugs that fast. he burnt the first one after about 3 tanks, so i gave him one of my lc3 plugs. it lasted about a tank then went. so today i gave him another and it lasted for about a minute. he is running the traxxas top fuel, think that would make them foul that fast with its higher oil content? any suggestions are welcome.
Well, it is possible that the top fuel COULD cause it to burn through plugs because of the high oil content of the fuel; however its most likely that its possibly set too rich, which can and a lot of times does in fact burn up/foul out plugs. As for the mc59; yes that is a good plug; I use it in my revo and have not had a problem with it thus far....