Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

13 cell evx

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
milkbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 cell evx

I have the old school evx and I'm running a 6 cell 1500 nicad and a 7 cell 3000 nimh (Waiting for lipos in the mail). After playing with the truck for several minutes one motor is way to hot to touch , while the other is barely warm. Their the monster maxx motors and their both timed the same. I'm curious if one motor is getting more power than the other because of the un matched packs. They both have brand new sets of brushes as well. Once they cool I'm going to run the 3000 on the BEC side instead to see if the opposite motor gets hotter this time. Any input is appreciated !
Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 PM
absolutemayhem

Default RE: 13 cell evx

STOP!!!!! you must run two of the same batterys........you emaxx will go up in smoke.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
milkbox

Sounds like a plan, I think my lipos are coming tomorrow anyhow. So do you think that would cause the problem with the motors?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:38 PM
absolutemayhem

possibly.....not a 100%
Old 04-01-2009, 09:54 PM
milkbox

I don't understand how this would burn the truck up though? in theory shouldn't the evx put the batteries in a series . My friend ran his revo several times with this set up and I have too. I'm not going to do it anymore anyways but I would just like to know mechanics of it.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:34 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

the batteries are used in series and used togehter regardless of how many cells they each have.

Bec side can be 5-8 and the dummy side can be 0-12 cells.

For your motors simply unplug them one at a time to see that the hot one is doing all the work, the warm one probably is not and may be a loose gear or other.