Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 3.3 update with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 AM
MGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 update with pics.

So I got my revo like 2 years ago and dont even have 2 gallons on it. I got out of the hobby for a while but I'm back in full swing. I'm making some needed updates to it so please let me know what you think. I got the 2 chamber tuned pipe and the spring header thats a little larger than the one I have. I'm also dropping from a 15t - 14t clutch bell for a little more lowend. My local track is small so being geared for 45+ is silly. How much of a power gain will I see with this larger header and new tuned pipe? I'm also switching out to the newer style fuel tank and radio box to clean up the mess. My mods I already have are a FOC, CF rear brace, CF throttle servo mount, CF battery mount, Alum. push rods up front, traxxas wing with the rear bumper shaved, steering bellcrank mod, HPI steering servo, and an HD servo spring. I think thats about it. It also has a proline body that i painted myself a while back.
My revo after 1 tank at the track broken throttle servo.

My mess.

Outdated tuned pipe and screw in header.

Torn apart and cleaned with my savage steering servo installed. Waiting on parts.

And this is how I clean/check for worn parts. =] My savage flux.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 AM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Revo 3.3 update with pics.

Very nice. Some upgrades you may want to look into is a motorsaver airfilter or the newest traxxas one and some new tires and wheels.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

Looks like you have it going on. If you are always running on short tracks go for the close ratio tranny gear set for better low end pick up. Sway bars will allow you to carry a lot more speed in the corners. If you change tires go for the lightest package (rims, foam, and tires) that you can find in tour size.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
absolutemayhem

aluminium rear skid... the plastic one wears out fast and the suspention pins fall out.......
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

update your date on your camera as well............. the dates say its already JULY
but great looking truck
Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 PM
MGT

Thanks for the tips guys! I knew about the rear skid wearing out, mine is getting there. I have a spare stock one from a while back so I'll change it out when it gets a little worse, I really dont like alum or adding weight.

The date on my camera is right is just says the day/month/year. Look at the lower pics when i first got my flux 2 weeks ago in march.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 AM
MGT

So today I got my new rx/battery box in the mail. I like my carbon fiber one but I wanted some thing different. I decided to go with the 2008+ stock box. I'm keeping the CF throttle mount but I'll sell the carbon fiber one.

Anyone want a carbon fiber rx/battery mount + the CF transponder mount for racing? $25 shipped with all the hardwear to a good home? Pics are above and it's in like new condition. Ill take HD closeups if you guys want, I only have a few runs on it. =]
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
MGT

I should be getting my new pipe anyday now. Anyone running a 14T cb? How much punch did it add over the stock 15T?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
MGT

My updates. 150cc tank. Updated radio box. 2.4GHz radio. Updated tuned pipe. P.E. spring header (larger/better flowing). One metal gear steering servo. HD servo spring. Trimed steering for max throw. 14T clutchbell.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 PM
absolutemayhem

i got a cool finishing touch for the radio box, its an aluminium screw and red washer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30944.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	1184762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar11390.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	1184763  
Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 AM
MGT

Nice thanks for the tip.

Yesterday I beat the living shiz nit out of my revo. I ran about 1000cc of fuel through it and the thing never ran better. After some huge jumps at the bmx it clearly wasent powerful enough to jump as far as my Flux did so I took it over to the skate park for some intense jumps. I hit a few sending it about 20 feet up. The ramp was about 8 feet and it went a LOT higher that that. After a few jumps like that I broke a shock end but still hit that same jump about 2 more times with only one shock doing anything up front before I decided to fix it. About 15 min later I had it back up and running and I decided to go all out and see what it could take. haha this is crazy. I hit one of the smaller 4 foot quarter pipes but at full tilt, 40+mph an the thing went at least 40' out and I don't even know how high, enough to go over a house haha. Well I was planning on it landing in the grass but it went past that....wayyyy past that into the parking lot and landed on pavement. It landed pretty flat but REALLY hard. Everything seemed fine so I did it again, 2 huge jump. By this time everyone was watching me so I went for the back flip, 3rd jump. It had sooo much hang time I could of done some jumping jax while it was rotating. I checked the brakes a little too hard right at the end so it wasent the best landing. I went for it again (4th huge jump) and nailed it perfect but that did the truck in. I bent the chassis on both sides so the engine stripped the spur gear and on the other side where the gas tank/rx box is REALLY bent over. I'll get pics ASAP because this is some pretty crazy carnage. The impact was HUGE and ive never seen a revo chassis bent like this. The outer part or sides that holds everything and is sort of V shaped is now FLAT!! I also streched both of the rear shock ends but I have spares.

The jist of this is my flux got pooped on by my revo...my revo is under 9lbs. and set up for racing NOT bashing, P2 rockers 35wt shock oil ect... Yeah I messed it up badly but I got about 8 tanks in.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:14 PM
absolutemayhem

sound like you had a blast!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:48 AM
MGT

Fun is an under statment. I need to help my friend with his t-maxx so when it gets nicer we can run them all day...and fix my revo lol.