Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Carb For trx 3.3

I have had my max for about 5 years now. Motor is still strong as hell dont know how but i am not going to complain. The only thing is the tuning is a mess with this engine due to the fact i am out in Iraq. I have no problems with my Muggy with tuning. But the question i have is are there any after market carbs that will fit in the 3.3 engine that have only two needles? Low and high needle. I was going to try this out before i just buy a whole new engine even though i dont want to do cause the engine still runs great. Just want to get away from the three needle set up and go back to a two needle carb.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Carb For trx 3.3

anyone???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow i dont know what it is but when i post to ask a question nobody answers or someone jacks my thread. Not tryin to be a *****.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which three needles are you asking about? As far as I know the 3.3 does not have a mid range needle, just HSN, LSN and Idle screw. In any case, for most people, the mid range needle should never need to be moved anyway. As far as I know, unless the carb is very, very, very old or extremely basic it will have an HSN, an LSN and an idle screw.

Also, If no one answers your thread it could simply be because no one knows the answer to your question...

I know of no after market replacement carb that is speciffically made to fit the Traxxas engines. You might try one off of an OS .18 TZ/TM or some other .18 - .20 engine. As long as the diameter of the carb throat will fit the engine it should work. Of course you'll have to be a decent enough tuner to figure out the starting point settings and then tune the engine.

Good Luck.
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not sure about the different carb. I myself am just getting back into the rc cars after about 2 years off. I got the itch again. All i can tell you is the tuning issues you are having is normal. we bought 8 t-maxxs 3.3s throughout my family with cousins and all of that about 2 years ago. we all had problems tuning except like one. me and my dad got fed up and bought OS motors. the .18 i beleive. the best thing we could have done. sorry i couldn't help you further. you said that you are in Iraq, i guess that means you are in the military, so the least i could do for you is to give you my experience. wish i could do more. good luck and god bless. thank you
    T-Maxx, OS .18 TM
    RC 18B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the thing is that i dont have the tuning problem in the states. It is too easy for me. I just dont see how i can have my muggy running like a champ and i cant get my maxx tuned. I have tuned alot of guy's trucks out here i just cant get mine to tune.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have herd guys say if you can tune a trx3.3 then you can tune anything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have seen people use the ofna force.26 carb. heres a vid with a jato with 3.3, and buke with the force carb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ4JNOks3hk
    665: Neighbour of the Beast.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the 3.3 has only 2 needles. yes there is an idle needle as well, but that isn't counted in the needle count. the 3.3 doesn't have a mid speed, but they are finicky. what are your issues, maybe one of us can help you out?
    some say Revo, some say Savage, and some say LST2, i say give me something i can get parts for.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I take it you checked for airleaks right? I found that if the manifold gasket leaks it is hard to tune. Same goes for the carb gasket.....I am sure you know that but figured I would toss it out there. Also fuel system all tight...no leaks? Take the carb right apart and soak in raw fuel or denatured alcohol? Make sure all is spotless and try again. How is the engines pinch? Maybe a sloppy rod? I know I have seen many of them with sloppy rods over the last 2 years. I just stripped my 3.3 and found the same thing....bottom of rod was ovaled out. I have ran about 4 gallons through it and I mean 4 hard gallons too....no light bashing here.

Kevin
    Everything electronic runs on smoke.....if you let your smoke out, it\'\'s dead!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no air leaks took the engine apart and changed everything in it. From bearings to o-rings. The pinch is still great on it. I am just going to sit it in the corner for a little bit and cool down i got it started today but couldnt get the truck to stay running went back to factory settings and everything. I have to have the throttle open for it to start but as soon as i take my finger of the throttle it dies. I messed around with the idle adjustment screw and couldnt get it to stay running without having my finger on the throttle. But i am going to play with the muggy for now until i am calm enough to work on it with out getting mad. But thanks for the help fellas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the carb should be open 1-1.5mm at idle, see how that setting works.
    some say Revo, some say Savage, and some say LST2, i say give me something i can get parts for.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try taking out the carb needles and making sure that they are not deformed in any way. I have a t-maxx 3.3 and had all kinds of trouble tunning it. I took it to the hobby shop and they had trouble as well until they took out the low speed needle and found that it was sort of oblong (rub marks on only one side of the needle). They took one off of one of the blown motors they send back and it ran great after that. Now it takes a drastic weather change for me to have to even touch the tunning screws.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well i bought a new 2008 model t-maxx from one of the guys out here for 100 bucks. I knew the motor was shot due to the fact that i watched the guy break it in and he did nothing that the book said to do. So i broke down the truck to take all the crappy integy stuff on and transfer my RPM arms and shock towers to the new extended chassis. I also took the carb off of the off the 100 buck truck and put it on my engine. Set the carb back to stock settings took a while to get it primed but it started had to adjust the idle setting a little to keep it running without putting the trim adjustment up. But by god i got it running finally and man does that extended chassis make a big difference. Well thanks for the help fellas sorry to snap earlier in the thread. But i really appreciate you all taking a little time to help with my problem.