Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

I'm new to the T-Maxx gig so I need some help.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I'm new to the T-Maxx gig so I need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:38 PM
plane_nutt93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new to the T-Maxx gig so I need some help.

I need some help with finding some parts for my T-Maxx. It's one of the older ones that had a .15 Pro on it but It didn't have the motor on it. I'm wanting to go straight to the 3.3 TRX. I'm just not for sure what all i need to get her goin. It has a few extra parts on it but not enough to suit me. I think I'm gonna eventually put some extra aluminum parts on it to spruce it up. I'm open to everyone's opinions and ideas so let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15080.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1178965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40134.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1178966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24225.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1178967  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:57 PM
budha24

Default RE: I'm new to the T-Maxx gig so I need some help.

I would suggest RPM everything especially for the arms they are cheap and indestructable I have almost every rpm part for the tmaxx and rustler and swear by them for the bulkheads I would go aluminum I have the front and back Integy type II. Hope this helped
Old 04-12-2009, 08:11 PM
plane_nutt93

Well, I have read that everyone is amazed by RPM stuff. The front lower and upper arms are RPM.
Bulkheads are still stock though.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
plane_nutt93

Hey, does anyone know a site where i can get RPM A-Arms for the rear end of my tmaxx??? I looked on Tower Hobbies but I didn't see them there.[sm=confused.gif] I did find some Integy silver aluminum a-arms but i hear a lot of people don't think Integy is all that great of a brand.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:19 PM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Hey man congrats on the maxx!

The front and rear A-arms are the same.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMZT3&P=Z
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 PM
plane_nutt93

Alright. Thanks man. It don't look too great right now but I think once i get some good money to spend on it, it will look pretty sweet. I'm just trying to find parts that will be dependable since I plan to jump it off of just about anything I can find around the farm.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
justin_92_92

That's the spirit!

Once you get the mechanics all figured out, Then the fun will come! Remember, We dont belive anything you say you do without video So get video of any cool stuff LOL.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
plane_nutt93

Alright, I'll try. lol Depends how quick I get that good amount of money to get it all together. I'm gonna focus on getting the important stuff to get it going first then i will eventually start buying and adding the extra parts.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
nitro stan

if your going to buy new arms all the way around, get arms for the 2.5/3.3 truck, there wider and it won't flip as easy. RPM shock towers flex to much, go alloy there, stay away from ant thing Integy, good cheap bulks and shock towers are made by ACNCM.
get a foward only conversion if you jump right to a 3.3, and you will have to upgrade the center shafts and drive shafts as well
Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
1150ap

well first I would try all you can with your truck but if you want a amazing truck with torque and speed buy a savage because my old 2.5 that i sold was a piece every thing broke
\
Old 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Diamond in the ruff

1150ap
well first I would try all you can with your truck but if you want a amazing truck with torque and speed buy a savage because my old 2.5 that i sold was a piece every thing broke
Owwww that really hurts man, t-maxxes are good trucks [&o]

Anyway I have all rpm stuff and I'm really happy with it. You should think about other motors if you're going to upgrade everything else(like an os 18) sometimes they can be found cheaper too
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 PM
revo nation

SAVAGES ARE HEAVY UNDER POWERED AND ALL AROUND JJJJJJJJJJJJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKK: D[ ] IN MY OPINION
Old 04-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: plane_nutt93

Hey, does anyone know a site where i can get RPM A-Arms for the rear end of my tmaxx??? I looked on Tower Hobbies but I didn't see them there.[sm=confused.gif] I did find some Integy silver aluminum a-arms but i hear a lot of people don't think Integy is all that great of a brand.
Get the trutrack set up for the rears by RPM. good investment in my opinion
Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitro stan

if your going to buy new arms all the way around, get arms for the 2.5/3.3 truck, there wider and it won't flip as easy. RPM shock towers flex to much, go alloy there, stay away from ant thing Integy, good cheap bulks and shock towers are made by ACNCM.
get a foward only conversion if you jump right to a 3.3, and you will have to upgrade the center shafts and drive shafts as well
I would tend to say stay away from alloy and DO go RPM stuff because the problem with alloy stuff is that if u hit it hard enough it will bend, whereas since rpm stuff is a very hard plastic, it will most likely just flex a little but still remain very much in tact....
Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 AM
carnate617

I had the same t-maxx and did the 3.3 engine mod. Since After breaking it in, I launched that bad boy off my kids 'skateboard launch ramp' to see how it did and what would break. I ended up going RPM all around, had to buy 3-extra shocks, 2 motor mounts, a few spur gears, a new F350 proline body (i liked that). Another thing I added was this http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...=&part_id=3156

That guard, in my opinion, saved the cooling head whenever I flipped the truck in an 8-10ft high jump off the ramp.

Oh well, HAVE FUN WITH THAT TRUCK!!!! I like my Revos, but I regret selling that T-Maxx.