Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-maxx clone?

I just saw this on ebay and thought it was interesting. They dont have any good pictures of the underside, but it looks to me like its a t-maxx clone, but it uses a buggy/truggy style center differential, has CVD driveshafts, and a .25 GO racing engine, which are supposed to be good engines. Im not sure if the center spur is connected to a differential or not, it could be solid, but it looks like maybe you could swap one right in if you wanted to. The clutch bell gear is tiny. Like 10 teeth or something looks like.

It looks pretty good actually. If it uses t-maxx parts as far as arms and things then i dont think it would be a bad deal, especially since its a big block, and there is no transmission to strip the gears in if you put a big motor in it. Just have to make sure the diffs are up to it. It also has aluminum shocks, and a good looking pipe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-BigFoot-1-8...1%7C240%3A1318

I didnt look at it real hard. They may have a website with better pictures, i dont know. What do y'all think?

Eric
    - Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: T-maxx clone?

well, it's from a company called huada hobby. the arms do look kind of maxx like, but that's about it, and maybe the rest of the front and rear assemblies. the chassis is totally different, but it doesn't look too bad. i dont think i would pay $300 for it, when a used BB revo can be had for the same amount, but it does look oddly fun.
    some say Revo, some say Savage, and some say LST2, i say give me something i can get parts for.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not really even close to the tmaxx LOL but whatever. The arms look the same and maybe the area around the diffs but nothing else
    Go FAST or Go Home
    T-maxx 2.5
    HPI Firestorm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a T-Maxx clone. Smartech used to make a T-Maxx clone called the Magic Wheel. I guess they still do but from what I remember there was 0 compatibility with the Maxx parts even though it looked similar.

*** Support your local tracks ***

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

not really even close to the tmaxx LOL but whatever. The arms look the same and maybe the area around the diffs but nothing else
    Yes, it is close to a t-maxx minus some of the drivetrain like the center diff and bigger engine and some of the chassis layout.

The differentials, arms, bumper mounts, and shock towers look very similar to me. I thought it might give some maxx racers an idea for a center diff setup. And maybe the driveshafts/CVD's would work on a t-maxx.

I knew about the Magic wheel. Although, I always heard most of the parts would interchange with the maxx.

Eric

- Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that is not a go-tech engine.....its a knockoff.....likley garbage
    2.5 Tmaxx// T Maxx-Picco.26//2.5 Race Spec maxx//Savage SS//Brushless Micro T\'s//Micro DT ...all controlled by Spektrum

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chinese. Problem with these things is getting parts. And even if you can get parts for a short amount of time, eventually the company will fold and start making whoopie cushions...then you'll get NO parts and will throw the whole thing away.

Get a machine with parts plastered on your LHS's wall. I've broken enough to completely rebuild my machine 2 times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im not planning on buying one, and i really didnt put it on here thinking others would either, but I just though they put some interesting things into it. Like i said, it might give someone an idea of how to put a center diff in their own maxx. The thing about that is that it would be great for a track then, and you wouldnt have a transmission to tear up with big power. I just thought it was interesting.

Eric

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

This is a T-Maxx clone. Smartech used to make a T-Maxx clone called the Magic Wheel. I guess they still do but from what I remember there was 0 compatibility with the Maxx parts even though it looked similar.

Actually, there is a lot of compatibility between the two. I got one second hand (the snap-on version) years ago and surprisingly it was not a bad little knockoff. The magic wheel as far as I can tell is a close copy of the original t-maxx, except for the engine and transmission being forward only. I still have it, it's a 2.5 t-maxx conversion with the original smartech drivetrain and transmission. Works great after 5 years.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got one of these in a trade and i actually thought it as a .15 t maxx. I was wondering if the tranz in it is gear like a T Maxx w/ 2 speed tranz? Im converting mine to electric beings the engine that i got with it is shot and so was the fuel tank. So i got a evx 2 esc from a traxxas summit and im going to buy a traxxas 775 brushed motor that comes in a traxxas summit and see how she run with that. I just put traxxas t maxx tires on it today that i got in a trade. they fit on it pretty well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ive been told the maxx clones are complete crap (most of them anyways) and the parts arent interchangable
    Traxxas Tmaxx 3.3-WAAAAAY to much done to list
    Redcat Earthquake 8E-Completly stock

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i know thats not true because mine as a newer style shock mount from and emaxx with the square body posts. and i installed the plastic X's that go between the two bulk heads and the bumper mount on it and they holes matched and everything. I was comparing it to my emaxx and tmaxx and its alot alike. Of corse its more narrow and the steering arm and thinner, but it set up and the parts match. so i know if i wanted to i could order some rpm wide arms for a t maxx and in stall them on th magic wheel.