Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-Maxx with Clod Buster wheels and tires

hey guys! im new here...Especially to the RC MT world...well i have done some research by readin all your guys comments about the T-Maxx and they have all been awesome! thanks for the input and comments about the T-Maxx...and finally decided to get a T-Maxx!!

I was surfing RCU the other day and i came across the Tamiya Clod Buster...and well i like the look of the wheel and tire set from the Clod Buster...BIG monster truck look...and i want to put them on the Maxx...i already found the site where i can get the adapters...now i was wondering if these tires effect the performace of the Maxx??? (like in turning and what not) im not really gonna race the truck...of course just bash it around the backyard and anywhere else (i live in a desert...ugh) and im just curious if the wheel and tire package effects the perfomance?

thanks alot guys!!
    Chris (noob)
    your face is a monster truck!!

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: T-Maxx with Clod Buster wheels and tires

i havent really looked at the clod buster wheels, but if they are bigger than it might have a little effect on the performance, just depends how much bigger they are. i ran big joes on my maxx and i think it actually had a better turning radius. you should really have any significant problems running the different wheel setup.

Make sure they come with foams or at least buy some for it. It's been years since I put one together so that detail is long gone. I wouldn't expect the same amount of traction since the Maxx comes with more aggressive tread. The Clod tires are a bit taller so expect to roll over a bit more & you'll probably lose a little speed. It sounds like fun but you might want to look at some 40 series wheels & tires. Good luck!
    Savage 21 OFNA MBX Revo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for all the input guys!! well i FINALLY ordered my MAXX last night...now i cant wait for it to come in...and im going to go ahead and buy those wheeels and tires...once i have them on...i will post the pics...thanks again guys!

BTW...anyone have pics of the MAXX with clod wheels and tires?? post them up! thanx.

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't think any exist with clod wheels... Do Iremember correctly or do the clod wheels need some funky adaptors to fit?
    Team Pontiac

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes they do require adaptors nitrohead...

i found a site(ESPhobby.com) that has the adaptors...i dont know how much they usually go for...but its $50 on that site...if you know where i can get them cheaper that'll be great!!

ya...i was looking online and i havent seen any Maxxes with clods=( just a bunch of TXT-1s and clods (drooling) ...

but hopefully ill be the first!!!

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow $50 just for the adaptors? Then you must really love those clod wheels/tires eh? Honestly Ithink you'll tear them up quick cause the clod never did things that Maxxes do but Iwont say anymore as Ihaven't even seen so much as a wheel nut off a Clod in person...
    Team Pontiac

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i donkt know much about the cloud buster wheels but if they are any thing like jumbo kongs youll break a diff or 2 and its hard on the motor i had them on my 2.5 maxx and it was hell on it i went back to stock after 5 days they were the biggest waste of 100 bucks ever for me
    if i could get paid to recycle my old broken parts id be a millionaire$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

...ya the jumbo kongs are like the clods...but IMO...i like the clods better...

(sadness) are u serious?? dang! i really like those wheels and tires setup!!!! ...but i dont want a broken diff though...well maybe if igo sloe and take it easy? what do you think??

dang...this is garbage!!!!!

ugh...well thanks for the info scoobs!!

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If the diameter is larger than 6 inches and they are excessively heavy, your truck will be a slug and a sucker for broken parts.. I'm surprised a Maxx wouldn't fall apart with Kongs bolted onto it
    Team Pontiac

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the diameter is 6.5" is that ok??? but the weight??? im not sure....man guys dont crush my hopes and dreams! lol...

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

The ESP adaptors are a little pricey but they can be found on e-b** from time to time.

I have a set of chrome clod buster rims and tires on my Monster Mutt and am waiting for things to dry out so I can drive the truck.

I don't mind the tallness of the tires as the spur gear is a little smaller to counteract the overall gear ratio. Besides, don't want to ruin the Monster Mutt body right away, there are other trucks for beating on

Some people know all the answers......... until you ask them a question.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^ Right, the diameter is not the deal breaker though one may usually assume with most tires that the taller the tire is= more weight. Also, taller tires will change your final drive ratio giving you more top speed/ less acceleration unless you compensate with gearing. IMO I'd just get a nice set of wheels and tires thats out there for the Max, but you seem to be set on the Clod setup so as long as it doesn't weigh too much you should be fine.
    Team Pontiac

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LoL...ya nitro...i like that monster truck look so i got the TMAXX...then i starting look deeper and deeper into this hobby untill i came across the TXT-1s and, of course, the Clodbusters...if i didnt get the TMAXX i would of got the TXT-1..thats a badd ash looking truck!

but ya...im new to the RC truck thing and since i live in the desert...and the streets out here where i live arent the prettiest for drift RC's...and also watching my friend drive around his REVO...ya....i was TOTALLY convinced in getting a TMAXX...and i want to get those wheels and tires for the MAXX...i just hope it wont mess up my MAXX...ill go slow (i hope)

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why not just get a set of traxxas chevrons. It is the same tread design and will probably be cheaper than the adaptors alone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you know what booker...thats true...i looked at that also...but im going for that real monster truck look...those clod tires/wheels are soo badd ash! but thanks for the input booker...appreciate the input!

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you seen the Ofna Monster Pirate wheels and tires? I love the way they look. Ill see if i can dig up a picture. I think they are some of my favorites.

Link:
    http://c_p_98.tripod.com/images/Mons...ainted_iso.jpg

- Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cummins driver...no i havent seen those rims...

o...i like the rims! what are the dimensions on the rims? will those fit the clod tires???

i believe the clod wheels dimensions are 6.5" in diameter and 4.5" wide...

BTW...nice looking truck! what is it? whats your set up?? looks like a buggy frame with m/t tires/rims and high body posts! pretty kool man!

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry, not my truckI would like to have it though.

That is an Ofna Monster Pirate. They are based off of a buggy chassis, except with a wider stance, bigger wheels and tires, and a solid center instead of a center differential. They sit down lower than a regular MT. Basically one of the first versions of a truggy. Except they used a lot more offset on the wheels to make it wider instead of making the arms wider. I always liked them, but never owned one myself!

Im not sure about anyof the dimensions though.You might be able to find them somewhere else.

Found a link... It gives dimensions in MM.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTG35&P=7

Eric
    - Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those look like the Imex Jumbo rims. [link]http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-192/IMEX-DIAMOND-NYLON-RIMS/Detail[/link]

And Chevron tires for it [link]http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-12/imex-tires/Detail[/link]

The tires look alot lighter then the Kongs.
    Clod Buster | Sludge Hammer | Blue Streak | Revo | Baja | CR-01 | FG MT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AWESOME DarkFire!! ya i saw those before too...i like those!!! i can settle for those...depending on the price thanks DarkFire!! AWESOME! hey u have any pics of these rims n tires on a MT????

PICS ARE APPRICIATED!!!!

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Is this the look you are after?

The Imex tires and rims look close to the Clod assemblies.

These are Clodbuster wheels and rims and are lighter than the original T-Maxx units.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fc90524.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	1207318  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man those Kongs will rip a T-maxxes (or any other truck for that matter) drivetrain apart- its so not worth the problems and broken parts.
    Team Pontiac

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow T.L.A.R. ...those make the maxx sexy as F$CK!!! wow..thats the look dood!!! wow...thats badd assh!

now do you run with those on the maxx?? everyone keeps saying it'll rip apart the drivetrain?? have you had any problems?? or did you just put those on for the pic?? and did you have to use adapters for the IMEX wheelS or did they bolt right no??? b/c i know you have to get adapters for the clods...thanks!!!

and nitrohead...since you say that the clods will rip apart the drive train...swapping out the MAXX drivetrain with the REVO's drivetrain...do you think that will eliminate the problem??

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

I used the ESP adapters and yes, I do plan on running them on the Mutt if the mud ever dries out around here and I get some time to run it.

I will post running and handling results if I run the truck this weekend.

As far as hurting the drive train....dunno, this truck is on its forth rebuild from the ground up and has allways been punished HARD. It is still remarkably reliable except for a broken driveshaft or axle now and then. It twists them up at the spline joint, then throws them out.

The stock shafts are plentifull and still more reliable than the expensive after market ones in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast