Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

View Poll Results: A poll
T-Maxx
27.08%
Revo
72.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

What Traxxas T-Maxx or Revo?

Old 06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
IGOTSKILLZII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What Traxxas T-Maxx or Revo?

Just wanted you guys opinions on this. Please don't be bias and let your decision be based on the truck you have or favor the most. I would liketo hear details on why one is better than the other. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:56 PM
IGOTSKILLZII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: What Traxxas T-Maxx or Revo?

Sigh... wow I cant get a response on neither of my posts. I'm sure this post may have been posted b4 but I'm a new guy here and didnt want to go through the thousands of forums here. Can someone, anyone, please respond. Many views but no responses. I mean cmon guys!!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
kiddioo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Where's the niether option?  I owned both and sold both, but I did favor the Revo over the maxx.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:49 PM
cmerritt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

most people probably arent responding because there are 100billion threads on this topic. 

do a search and you'll get loads of info. 

personally, i like the traditional look of the monster truck and since i like the products from www.unlimitedengineering.com and am currently building two supermaxx's, i would say that the Tmaxx is better. If you want to go racing, pick the revo. strictly bashing I would say tmaxx. there are weak points on each truck but IMO the maxx has a much wider aftermarket selection of parts because it has been around longer. 

it's really up to your preference though, both are great trucks and are backed by the best customer support in RC!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:33 AM
KRO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I vote for the REVO , better in almost every way over the TMAXX .

About the only thing the TMAXX does better is wheelies , the REVO will out jump , out handle , and hold up too abuse better .

I owned a TMAXX for about a week , was it a fun truck ? Sure , but the REVO is so much better IMO .
Old 06-05-2009, 10:44 AM
motodude11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

tmaxx all the way! My dad has a revo 3.3 and i have the tmaxx 3.3 doesnt seem to be any better to me, if you put some extra heavy springs on one of each of the four corners of the suspension on the tmaxx and IMO the tmaxx handles better. The revo is no better at taking abuse they are both about equal the same freakin parts break on both aka clutch pads, tranny gears, arms. They have a lot of common parts the only reason you pay more for the revo is because of the fancy suspension. IMO not worth the extra money use the money you saved buying a tmaxx over the revo to buy more hopups. JM2C
Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
IGOTSKILLZII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Finally thanks for the insight. Thats all I wanted! Sure this post may have been a double but who has time to search? I'm still a new guy here. Simple questions means simple answers and this was quite simple. PPl viewed but overlooked the Poll. WOW! Could have just clicked a revo button or tmaxx button. Sheesh!!!!! Think I may have to find another website. It's dead around here. No consideration for the new ppl around here. Or new ppl to the hobby period! Those who have responded ALL FOUR OF YOU, THANKS!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM
cmerritt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

okay well each truck has its advantages
sorry motodude but the revo will outhandle the maxx anyday.
the revo will handle better but if your only going to bash, handling doesn't matter too much. the maxx is plenty strong, i'd say equal to the revo.
most of the reviews of revos and maxxs that say they are extremely weak and don't last obviously are a result operator error. if you know how to drive your truck, you won't break it, if you attempt stupid stunts without knowing how the truck will react in flight or if your run it into something at 30+mph it will break no question.
but as said above, either truck is good so just pick which one you like best. that's what i did.

it's not because your new that many people aren't responding, its because there are many threads on this topic. you;ll most likely get the same response on about every other forum too. i sometimes get no response at all for my questions. search feature on this site isn't the best but there is tons of good info. i learned 90% of what i know about trucks from searching over the years.

good luck with your first truck and with traxxas you won't regret it!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
IGOTSKILLZII

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys I appreciate it! I have done some searching and found some things I can use as references. Guess thats how I will do it now. I have both cars well Revo on the way as we speak (and a Jato 3.3) but thought hmm is it necessary to have both the Revo and T-Maxx? I wanna wait to see how much I would like the Revo compared to the T-Maxx though I just got that as well but we'll see. Maybe thats what I should have made my thread as. Anyway thanks again guys. You made it fun with the back and forth which is basically what i was looking for in terms of wanting to hear details.
I appreciate it!

Merc Out Race Team "Burn Rubber"    "Jato Kills"
Old 06-06-2009, 08:29 AM
richardtf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the Tmaxx 4908 is just like the revo only difference is the shock,pretty much there the same,and the 4908 is the biggest among the tmaxx and i think its a bit wider or longer that the revo dont quote me on that one

Quote:
ORIGINAL: IGOTSKILLZII

Thanks guys I appreciate it! I have done some searching and found some things I can use as references. Guess thats how I will do it now. I have both cars well Revo on the way as we speak(and a Jato 3.3)but thought hmm is it necessary to have both the Revo and T-Maxx? I wanna wait to see how much I would like the Revo compared to the T-Maxx though I just got that as well but we'll see. Maybe thats what I should have made my thread as. Anyway thanks again guys. You made it fun with the back and forth which is basically what i was looking for in terms of wanting to hear details.
I appreciate it!

Merc Out Race Team "Burn Rubber" "Jato Kills"
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM
motodude11

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you love it traxxas is by far one of the best easiest to run nitro r/c's
Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
moe7404

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

moe in wichita ks i have a t-maxx 3.3 iam so new at this my idea isnt worth much. but if you get a 3.3 reajust the throttle so it only opens half open to break in the engine, dont lean the fuel to much. and watch the head temp. and as you drive it dont brake and turn at the same time. and you need LOTS of room to run it, your area should not have posts, or crubs they will wipe out your car very fast. one of the many posts i hit must have been doing 20 mph lol
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
cmerritt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

^^^i wouldn't lean it out at all unless absolutely needed during break-in. follow the DVD exactly for break-in and you'll have an excellent engine.
also you won't need to adjust the throttle during break in. just make sure you do the throttle amounts correctly and consistently. such as 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle etc.

Search this Thread