Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Exhaust gasket ???'s

Old 10-21-2009, 12:36 PM
masshole
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust gasket ???'s

Ithink my exhaust gasket has failed, it apprears at the top of where the header pipe fuel is blowing out at start up. Would this cause a lean mixture because i am blowing glow plugs like crazy and my high mix is 4 plus turn out. I do live on the coast and it about 60 degrees F out but was wondering about the gasket making me run lean. So here are my questions

1. Would a failed exhaust gasket cause the motor to run lean??

2. Can the engine be leakin fuel right around that area, Ijust looked around at a blow up of the engine and it looks like it might be a head gasket i have not taken apart any of these motors... YET

3. Edit im goin to go to the hobby shop to get a head gasket and an exhaust gasket!!!

Iguess thats it... Sorry for soo many posts/ questions but ur replies are appreciated!!!

Gregg
Old 10-22-2009, 06:43 AM
RCCanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust gasket ???'s

usually means its really rich if you are getting fuel out the exhaust.....is it actual raw fuel coming out or just an oily residue....at any rate you'll want to fix it.

#2 you can check to make sure the head is actually on tight.....these head gaskets usually don't fail its usually the head is damaged and doesn't seal properly or its just loose. This will cause a lean condition...

# 3 you can find some silicone tubing usually at the hardware store or auto parts store that is the right diameter for alot less cash...this hobby is expensive enough LOL