Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need some tips on a traxxas 2.5

Old 11-05-2009, 01:36 AM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tips on a traxxas 2.5

Well, i'm new here but been lurking for a while. I'm very very new to the hobby. I started out buying one of the chinese acme condor buggies to save some money, but it was more of a pita than anything. I figured I would step up and get a name brand r/c. So i got on ebay and bought a T maxx 2.5. What do I need to know about this truck? I've had so many problems with the Acme, I just really want this one to work out in my favor. Any hints, tips or anything on this truck? Starting problems? Tuning problems? Anything at all? Here is a link to the truck that I bought. Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 11-05-2009, 01:49 AM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Need some tips on a traxxas 2.5

One more thing.   I'm thinking about buying a 3.3 motor for it also and putting the 2.5 on my pos acme, maybe it will run then.  Anyways, when I get the 3.3 what else will need to be done to make it faster? 

How much of a power difference is the 2.5 vs 3.3? 
Old 11-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Maxximize

Default RE: Need some tips on a traxxas 2.5

thats a pretty clean lookin maxx ya found there bud! nice find looks like a standard 2.5, although the 2.5 is pretty quick to begin with. i have a 2.5r, which is basically the same thing with a machined blue head and slightly more aggressive porting. id probably leave it on there til it blows, give ya some time to get used to the way the maxx handles before throwing a speed monster engine in there. also traxxas has a trade up program if ya didnt know you can get a 3.3 if you trade your blown 2.5 for like 80 bucks i believe it is. one tip to get a lil more low end out of the 2.5, get yourself a THS racing exhaust system for it. costs bout 50 bucks for the header and pipe and will give you ALOT more power than that plastic pipe will. super loud too lol. if that truck is a first gen 2.5 maxx it still has reverse and retains all the driveline parts from the original maxx, and a 3.3 will just eat those parts alive without mercy lol