Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx issues please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
boostedlx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx issues please help

weredo I start I am new at this just bought this thing from my brother in law and it has been nothing but a money pit replacing drive lines, spur gear , cv shafts now in the rear diff the big ring gear has zero teeth left on it they have all been sheared off this truck has a ofna picco .21 motor and after market pipe the big issue is getting it tuned in EVERYONE tells me to set the low screw flush with housing and main high screw 2.5-3 turns out and go from there but it wont come close to runnig at those setting I had the main "high" screw out 9 turns and the little "low" screw out 3.5-4 turns befor it would run wide open with out falling on it's face this just doesn't seem right to me is something wrong with the carb please help the guys at the hobbie store will sell you parts all day long but wont help when you have a question on what to do . One more thing how can I keep this thing from destroying parts THANKSINADVANCE
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 AM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: tmaxx issues please help

I too just got a used tmaxx.  All I can say is good luck.  Best thing to do is tear it completely apart, fix what is broken and put it back together.  Mine is in 1000 pieces right now, but I have learned a lot about this truck by tearing it down.  Good luck, I should have saved my money and bought a brand new one though.  This is the second nitro r/c I have bought and i'm still dropping cash and dont have either one up and running yet!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:28 PM
boostedlx

I completly agree should of bought a new one I have been to the hobbie store every day in the last 2 weeks it is getting really old just put it back together and I will try it out tommarrow fingers crossed and looking forward to my next trip to the hobbie store j/k

Old 11-10-2009, 10:31 PM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

Yea.. it's annoying, esp like me when the closest store is an hour away.  live and learn though.  Buy a New Name brand the first time.  I learned the hard way.  Good luck, and dont give up.  Ebay is a good friend too, parts are 10 times cheaper.  I'm now replacing my tranny and all the nuts and bolts too, lol
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 PM
rcslsafut

go on you tube look at videos on how to tune. there is some really good info on how to tune on there
drive it on the dirt so you spin the tires instead of the axles , the picco has a lot of power from what i
understand . listen to it you can tell how its running by the sound mostly. better litlle rich than a little lean
imo . besides if it is little rich wont have so much power to self destruct . hope that helps