Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Jato 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:37 AM
cmerritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jato 3.3

to a post above... you don't have to keep the same nitro % for the life of the engine. You can switch. It may require changing out some head shims but it's easily done. I switched from 20%-30% in my OS 18TM and it's great! more power and is still very reliable and easy to tune!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM
CB 1

Oh ok.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:46 AM
CB 1

Ok. So if I do get a Jato, I will mostly run on the street, but when i go off-road, I will go around on construction sites and maybe on my LHS track. Do you think the Jato will hold up? I like the speed about it. and its cheap.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it wont, l have destroyed a few engine mounts just from jumps, the revo will SMASH it here. The revo 3.3 is a far far far tougher machine.
The 3.3 in the pic's looks neat for an of road Jato, but a revo would run over it and smash it. The jato front end is a joke compared to revo's front end, for strength. The Jato chassis is weak against the revo one. All the running gear and A arms etc, are undersized in Jato, thats why its so fast, less weight.
If you want to beat a nitro jato, get an E-Revo and put LIPO in it, smash all nitro. The jato will still beat the E-revo off the mark, well mine does, but E-revo flies past it a second or 2 later with such speed, must make the jato 's eyes water !
Old 12-27-2009, 12:09 AM
CB 1

Ok. thanks for the help. if i did get an jato i would deffinatly hop upand the first thing i would do is to get the expanded chasis. would youthink that would hold up better??? I love the revo, but i dont have allthat money to spend.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
michael_calcagni

What are good off roading tires? im looking to get 4 off road tires with rims already glue and assembled. i am trying to spend $60 no higher. Please help any recommendations?