Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

the story of a tmaxx vs a pond

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the story of a tmaxx vs a pond

well i found this new pit close to my house,a bashers dream....i hit this rock pile at top speed not investigating what was on the other side,i got about 8 ft of air but from where i was standing i could not see the landing but did hear the engine stall.....i ran over to where the maxx landed and noticed a small pond but no tmaxx,any way i waded into the pond and my 3mth old maxx was on thebottomon her roof....OOOOOPS!!! i thought for sure that i had expensive trip to my hobby shop in my very near future......i took my maxx home completely stripped it down,drainedthe muddy water out of my engine filled it full of wd40 started up the wood stove and let everything dry for about 8hrs......reassembled and she fired rite up without a glitch......lucky me!!! ive put about 6 tanks of fuel through her since then and beside the ez start motor smoking everything else seems fine......i had no idea that the stock servos andreceiver could take that kind of abuse and keep ticking.......GO TRAXXAS!!!!!!! just thought id share my story with you guys!!! have fun and keep bashin!!!......scott
Old 11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
masshole
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: the story of a tmaxx vs a pond

Thats awesome man...This could be an awesome GTK thread!!!!

anyone else soak their model, dry it and have few or no problems with it????

Old 11-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Mopar Or Nocar

wow, thats insane! thats why i always look at the area i bash at with my rc's so that doesnt happen lol
Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
nitro stan

my little girl sunk mu ofna buggy almost to the top of the head in a mud puddle once,go tech.28, high end Hitec digi servos. i opened up the servos to dry for a couple days and tore the engine down for cleaning and oiling, everything can out to be fine
Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
WildT

My Revo went belly up in a pool last summer. Still using same electronics over a year later. On a side note, I dropped my cell phone in the same pool this summer..still works. I need to keep my stuff away from that pool.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:28 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

that pool is EVIL!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:21 PM
mq1991

or its a good pool.... because it hasnt killed anything yet
Old 12-21-2009, 08:04 PM
nitrorc89

was at our local park with my maxx and through the park there is a drainage ditc it had rained all week and we had one sunny day so we all went to the park... a guy i run with lost control and ran his savage into the side of my maxx well my maxx climbed his savage and started cartwheeling then went down into the drainage like... landed upside down in about 2 foot of water... i took it all apart and dried everything and 6 months later its still running great...
Old 12-21-2009, 10:14 PM
StemTMAXX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found out my T-Maxx floats the hard way a few months ago, it submerged totally and stalled, pulled it outta the water put the glow ignitor on it and fired it back up. the exhaust deflector looked like a kitchen faucet when I got on the gas, just puking water. bashed for the next 1 or 2 hours and it was fine. When I went in that night I tore the motor apart and to my suprise it was fine. I was waiting to find a bent rod.